Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183021 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 06:46:40 pm »

I suck at these things and lose interest after at most half an hour :V
Story of Darvi's life.  :)
Would make a great short book.

Life... I sucked at it... Then I lost interest and died.

Actually, it would make a great Rogue-like. Darvi the rogue-like. You only live for 30 minutes, so do your worse.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2011, 06:50:44 pm »

The candle that burns twice as bright burns twice as fast, and Darvi has burned very, very brightly. *tear*

Oh yeah, and this game looks cool. Too bad I suck at all Roguelikes. No way I'd pay for one. I lose so many times that when I do manage to get anywhere, I get bored and quit. That's the story of my life.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2011, 06:54:49 pm »

There's no such thing as 'not sucking at roguelikes'.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 07:00:08 pm »

There's no such thing as 'not sucking at roguelikes'.

What, tripping down a trapdoor in Incursion on my first hallway, falling three floors down into a bunch of out of depth mindflayers while still at level one, means I don't suck?

News to me!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 07:02:35 pm »

I think you read the double negative wrong.

Everyone sucks at rogue-likes. They are cruel.

Which is why we like them.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2011, 08:23:40 pm »

YES.

EL 6, normal mode, permadeath, mostly artifact equipment, two skills off from maxed sword tree.

What got me is an artifact quest summoned 12 Deths and they cornered me. My AOE attacks weren't even denting them.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:25:53 pm by freeformschooler »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2011, 08:29:08 pm »

There is "sucking at roguelikes" and "sucking so much at them that the other group feels good about themselves in comparison"

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2011, 08:52:51 pm »

After nearly two hours without dying, two maxed skills and a lot of mushrooms, I decided to test if it was possible to transform one of my mushrooms in my hotbar with one of the skills of the mushroom farmer (this skill is so much fun). The game closed instantly and I lost my save. So don't try this at home!

Time to start a new character. :D
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2011, 09:03:06 pm »

This game looks incredibly awesome. Crappy time to be unemployed and broke... :(

Someday... Someday.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2011, 11:22:08 pm »

Question : Anyone know what the eyeball shrine does? I've tried interacting with it, and placing items on it, but all it does is stare at me creepily.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2011, 11:24:21 pm »

Question : Anyone know what the eyeball shrine does? I've tried interacting with it, and placing items on it, but all it does is stare at me creepily.
Quest related, sometimes you get quests to destroy an artifact by placing it on the shrin

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2011, 11:55:15 pm »

I just picked this game up because of TotalBiscuit's completely awesome review, and my love of dungeon crawl (SIGMUUUND!) and I already have a question: How do the traps work when YOU deploy them? I got lots of monsters to walk right over them, to no discernable effect. Do I need to do fancy work with pressure pads and stuff?
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2011, 11:55:30 pm »

Man, archeology is a hilarious skillset.  You can send artifacts to the museum for experience.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2011, 12:03:14 am »

Yeah, after I posted that I went back and found a quest involving it. I had to place an artifact cat on it. Okaaaay....

Man, archeology is a hilarious skillset.  You can send artifacts to the museum for experience.  :)

That's actually pretty useful, to deal with all the artifacts you get that are weaker than what you're already carrying. And apparently the next level up allows you to change the properties of an artifact? I haven't gotten it yet, but that might be handy.

What's everybody's favourite skill sets so far? The first level astrology spell is just epic at the start of the game, if you're getting a lot of melee. Buff that counter attacks and sometimes stuns all adjacent enemies when hit? Yes please.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2011, 12:50:32 am »

Picked it up late last night and got an hour in.

Playing as a Psychic Heavily armoured mace-man, and a blood mage.

Only at level three, on the first dungeon level on Dwarvish Moderation. I suspect I have got it a little bit easy, but I haven't died yet.

The game makes me chuckle though. I don't know why, but the Blobby telling me that 'I hate you so much' is about my favourite line so far.

Incidentally it seems like I might have picked quite a useful build. Armour and shields make you hard to kill, and the sleep is good for crowd control, allowing you to pick off enemies one at a time. Undoubtedly its use has prevented me from dying a number of times. I've also bought a spiky mace for 3000zorkmids which seems good at this early stage. Considering whether I should present it for the glory of Krong.

And Brax the Salesdemon's outfit makes me feel a bit sick.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 90