Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183158 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2011, 12:21:43 pm »

cerapa, remember that later on you will have to use ranged combat to face the enemies that can and will corrupt all your nice damage away.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2011, 12:24:10 pm »

Havent gotten that far yet.

But in that case I need to start rerolling some crossbows. The fact that you cant dual-wield those makes me sad. I gotta roll some more damage into my armour, rather than staves then too.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I have spells. I really gotta learn the skill to summon that wyrm of whatever so he could act as a meatshield(which I actually have) and get some more spell power or whatever its called.
I wish I could switch the meat spells out and get the one that gives free lockpicks. A million and one locked chests, but no lockpicks in sight.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:29:02 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2011, 12:35:45 pm »

I would say that you might be alright if you can handle things with your fire spells right now. But rerolling crossbows is not really a terrible idea.

Also, I bet one of the first things that will be modded in once full modding support is in, is a regular bow (not-crossbow).

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2011, 12:41:21 pm »

Ugh. The way lockpicks work right now is terribad. You get like 5 at a time, tops, and then by the time you've found a chest to use it with, the goddamn locked doors have taken them all. It really should ask you if you want to kick the door or not.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2011, 12:43:24 pm »

Man, going pure-spell casting is TEDIOUS.  I don't think i'll choose it again.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2011, 12:59:55 pm »

what ive found so far in going for melee is that fungal arts is king

seriously it has everything life buff shroom, strength buff shroom, lifesteal shroom, a summon, invi shroom and a instaheal+regen shroom! and a lot of other buffing shrooms getting this makes sure that you dont die early in going rogue i just fuckin love it

downside is that its a bit tedious having to plant all of these spores clicking from inventory to corpse and cast for more spores but besides that its FREAKIN BOSS

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2011, 01:04:52 pm »

I've got a Crit-Rogue with swords right now.  He's pretty awesome, but I have next to no ranged ability, so I'll have to fix that...

I almost died trying to put a Lutefisk cube inside another one.  Bad idea.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2011, 01:07:29 pm »

The wyrmling the best meatshield, simply the best. I can just sit back, drink some booze and then instakill everyone.

Also, I need more booze since I came across a zoo. I totally need alchemy for booze...damn, how can I want pretty much every single skill?! I dont think Ive ever had that with a game.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 16, 2011, 01:17:38 pm »

Are there any hotkeys aside from those highlighted on the tabs? Not having to open my backpack and drag an item in every single time would be pretty neat. Also I noticed that pressing g randomizes the appearance of the dungeon, how strange.

AnalysisFailed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 16, 2011, 01:21:55 pm »

Are there any hotkeys aside from those highlighted on the tabs? Not having to open my backpack and drag an item in every single time would be pretty neat. Also I noticed that pressing g randomizes the appearance of the dungeon, how strange.

Shift+click moves to your inventory automatically.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 16, 2011, 01:26:44 pm »

The wyrmling the best meatshield, simply the best. I can just sit back, drink some booze and then instakill everyone.

Also, I need more booze since I came across a zoo. I totally need alchemy for booze...damn, how can I want pretty much every single skill?! I dont think Ive ever had that with a game.
fungal arts solves your problem my friend it has an instamana shroom i think its called nightshade
EDIT: its nightcap
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:06:58 pm by em312s0n »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 16, 2011, 01:39:22 pm »

fungal arts solves your problem my friend it has an instamana shroom i think its called nightshade
Nightshade is instamana?
Damn, Ive been selling those.

Anyway, is there any easy way to sell things? Emptying out a full inventory is exceedingly annoying with the drop on the merchant thing.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 16, 2011, 01:45:24 pm »

wow. quit without saving deletes your game.

Awesome i just went ahead and abandoned my dungeon lv5 or 6 char hand-to-hand vampire by loading, checking something and quitting, not saving b/c it only took 1min and didnt change the progress.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:10:53 pm by Lord Snow »

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 16, 2011, 01:58:54 pm »

wow. quit with saving deletes your game.

Awesome i just went ahead and abandoned my dungeon lv5 or 6 char hand-to-hand vampire by loading, checking something and quitting, not saving b/c it only took 1min and didnt change the progress.
I am pretty sure there's a nice big warning that pops up when you go to close the game. Granted I already knew what it does and haven't actually read the warning yet.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 16, 2011, 02:28:48 pm »

The damages I will be entering level 3 with. Forgot to put on magic steel though. If you dont count magic steel, then melee adds up to 33 damage and ranged adds up to 15, but it would be increased by bolts.

EDIT: BAHAHAHA instakilling from the start, this isnt even fair. I wonder how long I can keep this up.
EDIT2:Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.......shit, shit, shit. DO NOT TRY TO DISARM TRAPS THRICE IN A ROW IF ITS A POISON TRAP, YOU WILL DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH! I have died like 3 times by that,
I knew I would die, but I did it anyway. Reminds me of facechecking a brush in LoL, cept with more permadeath. Looks like I need to to another MAXIMUM DAMAGE run, but now with less meatshield and more
some other skill.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:03:27 pm by cerapa »

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 90