Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183117 times)

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2011, 03:57:33 pm »

Yeah, I've been playing constantly and savescumming, and my character's only up to level 11. Nice work finishing so fast.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2011, 03:59:53 pm »

I think I might be the first person to complete the game, by the way.
cool whats your build?

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2011, 04:03:34 pm »

I've noticed some skills have pushback. Only tested with the level 2 unarmed skill, but you can move quiet a few objects around aside from enemies. Only practical use I've found so far is kicking high level traps around, but it seems to work on more stuff than not. You could kick chests, altars, warp portals, anvils, corpses, vending machines, even the item displays in shops.

Also, nice job RF. I've been too messing around with different builds to really get anywhere.

Edit: Seems like you can steal stuff if you knock it out of the shop, without consequence. However, if you go back into the shop and try leaving, you get the death collectors.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:07:09 pm by Haschel »

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2011, 04:05:19 pm »

cool whats your build?

Maces, Master of Arms, Shields, Assassination, Smithing, Burglary and Berserker Rage. Maxed out assasination, maxed out berserker, put a few into maces, dumped a few into burglary (up to invisiblity) and then just carried on putting it into master of arms.
Full story here.

I've noticed some skills have pushback. Only tested with the level 2 unarmed skill, but you can move quiet a few objects around aside from enemies. Only practical use I've found so far is kicking high level traps around, but it seems to work on more stuff than not. You could kick chests, altars, warp portals, anvils, corpses, vending machines, even the item displays in shops.

Also, nice job RF. I've been too messing around with different builds to really get anywhere.

Yeah, the active mace skill knocks stuff around, too. I used it to knock away high level traps that I couldn't disarm but were blocking my way. Psionic's push does it, too.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2011, 04:30:56 pm »

Part of me wants to cohhse smithing next time. Is it wotrh it?
Everybody!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2011, 04:43:45 pm »

Do the devs plan to add content through updates or anything? Also, is it 10 dungeon levels all the time or just on the easiest difficulty?

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 15, 2011, 04:45:09 pm »

cool whats your build?

Maces, Master of Arms, Shields, Assassination, Smithing, Burglary and Berserker Rage. Maxed out assasination, maxed out berserker, put a few into maces, dumped a few into burglary (up to invisiblity) and then just carried on putting it into master of arms.
Full story here.

Yeah, the active mace skill knocks stuff around, too. I used it to knock away high level traps that I couldn't disarm but were blocking my way. Psionic's push does it, too.

interesting do it on going rogue next and give me some tips i keep dying there

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2011, 04:46:39 pm »

Do the devs plan to add content through updates or anything? Also, is it 10 dungeon levels all the time or just on the easiest difficulty?

Yeah, apparently they plan to add more skills/items at least. 

http://www.gaslampgames.com/blog/2011/07/14/crashes-cynical-brit-feature-request-faq/#more-2036
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2011, 04:51:50 pm »

Part of me wants to cohhse smithing next time. Is it wotrh it?

Yes and no. There's not really many "high end" recipes you can make with smithing (or at least not many that have actually been found) and it's about as hard to find the high quality ingredients (I'm looking at you, Omnipotent Pork Sword) as it is to find items of an even higher calibre.

It's nice to start off with, though. It evens out the early game experience and gives you a chance to get some reasonable quality equipment.

Other than that, though? No, not really.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 15, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »

I wouldn't mind more varied elemental skills. For instance we don't have much of an ice type tree at all! But it wouldn't be very interesting if it was just fire spell tree but ice, so I'm sure the devs would think up something that would go well with it.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 15, 2011, 05:09:46 pm »

There's a pretty hefty amount of element types, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up making new skill trees for most of them. Ice seems rather obligatory though.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 15, 2011, 05:21:10 pm »

Ice: Focused on crowd control / crowd lockdown for a short duration.

I'd like some sort of melee increasing magic tree. Something to use those mana points on instead of just taking no magic skills whatsoever. Like paladin or death knight or something.

EDIT: A quick skill suggestion I posted on their forums:
Stance Master
(1) Get Your Stance On: Gives you a choice between the wolf, bear and eagle stances. Wolf increases your attack at the cost of absorption, bear increases absorption at the cost of dodge and eagle increases dodge at the cost of attack.
Stances are permanently active buffs only dispelled by the player being stunned or knocked back and by the player deactivating them themselves. Only one stance can be active at a time and they take a standard turn to change.
(2) As They Say, When in Stance...: When in a stance, you gain extra block and counter due to standing in a correct fighting position.
(3) Two's Company: Pick your second stance from the ones missing above.
(4) Stancetastic: Whenever you switch stances, your next (melee, maybe?) attack (no time limit on how long it takes for the player to attack, but this buff does not stack) will be an automatic crit.
(5) Three's A Crowd: Get your final stance.
(6) Stance Master: You can stance with the best of them. Increases the positives from the stance you're in.

What do you all think?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:34:42 pm by RF »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 15, 2011, 05:43:01 pm »

Ice: Focused on crowd control / crowd lockdown for a short duration.

I'd like some sort of melee increasing magic tree. Something to use those mana points on instead of just taking no magic skills whatsoever. Like paladin or death knight or something.
viking wizardry is the closest thing to a melee magic abilities, you get two different melee damage buffs. by the way...there is an issue where the game crashes once you beat the game.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 15, 2011, 05:43:54 pm »

Paladin seems like a nice choice since you could also squeeze in a heal or regenerative or curative spell or two.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 15, 2011, 06:51:41 pm »

there is an issue where the game crashes once you beat the game.

Quite fitting for a Roguelike.  I suggest they leave it in.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 90