Attack a weak caravan
- 5 (45.5%)
Loiter at our tower
- 1 (9.1%)
Other (specify in post
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign  (Read 48392 times)

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
Re: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign
« Reply #405 on: June 08, 2011, 04:56:37 pm »

aaah good. I should be okay to start tomorrow, but I'm having a trial day at a new job, so I may be late.

Also, Araph isn't European. I am.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #406 on: June 08, 2011, 04:57:45 pm »

WELL LA DI DA
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 08, 2011, 05:06:27 pm »

Screw you! I'm proud of my scots heritage!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 08, 2011, 05:08:44 pm »

SCOTLAND!?  Well nevermind the la di da, more like ... some scottish stereo type that can be represented with three short words... huh..

Anyway I shouldn't talk seeing as my last name starts with Mc.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 08, 2011, 05:12:48 pm »

Hey, I've decided backstories are worth 150 exp if you post them.

And I'm actually from California. PST is -8 from GMT.

EDIT: I just remembered a dream I had last night. I dreamed that somehow the option 'Start a camp of our own' in the poll got a bunch of votes and I was all like, 'nooooo, I already made a map for a tower'. Powerful stuff.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:14:48 pm by Araph »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 08, 2011, 05:23:00 pm »

My guy is suffering repressed memories with an onset of split personality, so my backstory can't be told D:

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 08, 2011, 05:27:28 pm »

Backstory:

Me Hreeka. Me third son of chief Mrkah of Knargash tribe. When Mrkah died, big brother kicked me out. Me could have fought. But me short, and kind of fat. Me run away. Me lived near human farms, and watched farmers. Ate birds and chickens. Ckusay killed farmers. Me happy. They hurt me for eating chickens. Me took shiny blades from ruins. Me like shiny blades. Me got guard job with Ckusay. He nice. He gave me food. All I did was keep bad men away from him. Then some bad men killed him. I ran away.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 07:31:56 pm by choobakka »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 08, 2011, 05:31:17 pm »

For thsose that are curious, my advancement plans are basically Bard 6/Master of Snake Mountain X, because MoSM is the most awesome of the bardic prestige classes. Even though Leadership is technically a feat requirement, I'm hoping that Araph will waive it once I meet the rest of the requirements since we're not using that feat in this campaign.

Backstory forthcomming!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 08, 2011, 05:38:40 pm »

Well Grek is definitely going to be the quartermaster then...

Geez I'm not sure that class was ment to be taken seriously, but I don't see any homebrew tags.

The eyebeams seem unneccesary...

Your not going to mix well with Barbossa's Knight.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 08, 2011, 05:56:09 pm »

C'mon, put some emotion into it! Be a THESPIAN!
This is like journals. Get into character, talk like your avatar. It doesn't have to be long, but it has to be something your character would say.

Spoiler: Ego's Backstory (click to show/hide)

I approve MoSM except for the Eyebeams.

Oh, and Lord Braindead PM'ed me an epic story of evil and bureaucracy. He gets exp.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:59:24 pm by Araph »

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 08, 2011, 06:08:04 pm »

Can we see said story of evil and bureaucracy?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 08, 2011, 06:15:57 pm »

Quote from: Lord Braindead
Well, well... Quite an effort you made just for the sake of this little meeting. Searching me for weapons, casting and anti-magic field on a secluded back room of a well frequented tavern... I must admit that it takes some guts to arrange a meeting with a devil without actually entering a bargain but I still think you went a bit overboard with the security. Its not like I can just rip your soul out and run into sunset with it while laughing like a maniac. No. A deal would be necessary and since you have gone to such great lengths to protect yourself it is pointless to offer you one. It mostly just works on the gullible, the desperate and those who think that I am an idiot and you seem to belong to neither of those groups. Well, enough of that banter. What is it that you want from me? My story? Oh... Thats actually the first time I get such a request. I am both surprised and honored. It seems I'm quite an interesting fellow when someone as you goes to such great lengths just to have a little chat with me. But I think this calls for a bargain none the less. Ah, don't be so hostile. Its just the way my kind works. We are not really a charitable bunch. If you want something from us you have to give something in return, no matter how small the stakes. See... You seem to have a to tell a intriguing tale yourself so how about this. I tell you how I ended up stranded on the prime and you tell me what led you to the back room of a tavern with a devil. However, it wouldn't be a true bargain if there wasn't a soul involved, wouldn't it? It will also make the whole thing a bit more interesting when you tell your friends about our meeting. 'How I met a devil and barely kept my soul' makes a far better bedtime story for your children later on. So, I tell you about me and then you do the same and if you should suddenly decide that I'm not worth your time anymore then i get your soul. No real risk involved unless you suffer a spontaneous cause of amnesia, but this way we both can later claim that I at least tried to get you. Do we have a deal? Great. Just sign at the line down there, preferably with your blood. No, that is not really important but my costumers usually expect that they need to do that. Its quite funny what you mortals think is necessary for a proper pact.
Anyway, I think I can safely skip most of my life unless you are interested how some peasant sold his soul to get a really big pig some hundred years ago. It all started some years ago with a ogre mage named Ckusay who thought that lording over his own tribe wasn't enough. Many people think that ogres are dumb as rocks and while this may be true for most them, the mages are not only smart but also cunning and ruthless. Ckusay tried to sway other creatures that you would probably simply call monsters to his cause and quickly gained followers in all shapes and sizes. He more or less abandoned his denser peers and raised a small army to expand his little domain. He conquered most of the area that was his home and started to raid the caravans and villages in the vicinity. Of course, this prompted some response from your people and while they could not kill him for good with the ramshackle militia they had gathered, they managed to hold off his attempts to advance his reign. Well, usually that would be the end of the story. The humans would just accept that the mountains are off limits for them and Ckusay would happily lord over his ragged empire. But well, i wouldn't have been involved if he would have been content with what he had. You see, Ckusay wanted more and when he ran out of beasts and monsters that he could recruit in his ranks he started to search the plains for new allies. The empire of the Illithids was quite happy to help him a bit. He had promised them slaves and food, terms that are rather interchangable for these people and so they send him aid. It was at this point that my boss, Nigrath, noticed this little war.
Nigrath is an Amnizu and a lovely guy I might add. He has the charm of rabid badger and an unsurpassed talent to gloat about even the slightest achievements as if he just delivered Heironius severed head to Asmodeus. When he approached Ckusay he offered him an favorable deal. He would get some fiendish aid to his conquest and we would get as many souls as we could grab as payment. Ckusay accepted without any delay and soon the plains that surrounded his realm ran red with blood again. I was assigned as Ckusays contact down to Baator. I think this was Nigraths way to thank me for the good harvest of the last decade. It was my duty to sit around in the throne room all day and wait for message that needed to be delivered. No bartering, no contracts, just sitting around and watching the mountains erode. Don't strain yourself to hide that grin. See, the rules of Baator are designed to keep the place running, not to be fair. If you annoy your superior, you are in trouble. Considering that he could have demoted me into a mindless pile of flesh without anybody caring enough to ask for a reason, it wasn't that bad. However, as you may notice I'm not in his keep anymore. Here, have another cup of wine. My favorite one. This is the part with the dramatic conclusion.
The word that a ogre, leading an army of gnolls, devils, mindflayers and many other creatures rampaged trough the land quickly spread and obviously, the forces of 'good' decided that they should act. It always amuses me that an orc tribe can slaughter whole villages but the moment a devil is spotted they decide to dispatch every cleric and paladin they can find. Ckusays army didn't live up to his expectations against the force that they had send after him. The local churches had pooled their strength and send a small crusade, led by roughly a dozen paladins and aided by a cohort of clerics. The first battles where more or less draws. They stopped our advance but lost many men but while they could quickly refill their ranks, Ckusay ran quickly out of fresh recruits. To come to the point, they slowly managed to beat him back until only his tower in the mountains remained. They sieged us for only eighteen days before they decided to storm the tower. I don't know what exactly happened during the battle, my orders where very strict and thus my freedom of movement nonexistent, but judging from the screams we lost utterly. At the end they killed Ckusay and stormed his throne room and I barely managed to escape back to Baator. I wasn't greeted very warmly. See, Nigrath hat already told his superiors about the incredible amount of souls he would soon get them but now he couldn't deny anymore that this wouldn't happen. So he did what everyone in Baator does when he makes a mistake, blaming somebody else. Blaming me. He someone convinced everyone that I alone could have won the battle if I had remained at my post. Heh. One falxugon against a small army? He probably had to put up an epic show to make his superiors actually believe that.
Well, when he came to me to inform me of my sentence he put up the usual facade that he tried his best to keep all harm from me and that he managed to prevent my devotion if I spent some years on the prime to make up for the losses I caused. He probably really believes that being here is worse then becoming a Nupperibo. From what I gathered he had once a rather painful encounter with some heroes here on the prime and since then views this plane just like you humans think about the lower planes. Whatever. I got stripped of nearly all of my power and then was dumped into a portal back to the tower of Ckusay. While the holy warriors where busy looting all the gold that we pillaged, I manage to sneak past them and left the tower. Later I met some other survivors from his army and we are currently traveling together. We still aren't entirely sure what we will do in the future but for now we decided that it would be safer to stick together.
Well, this concludes my story. Did it live up to your expectations? My, you don't look good. Was it the wine? Some people seem to have problems with the berries I add. Gives the wine a very fine flavor but it sometimes causes people to sleep for a very long time. Some where even buried because they thought they where dead. A shame that you are dozing off. I was very curious about your life. Well, guess your soul will have to suffice as consolation.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 08, 2011, 06:58:12 pm »

It's not as though I'd be able to use them anyways. Puppeteers don't have eyes. Can I replace the eyebeams class feature with an increase to my telepathy range instead? Out to 100' or something?

Oolooth's backstory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 08, 2011, 09:52:23 pm »

Guess I'll do a first person backstory thing too I reckon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 09, 2011, 12:16:36 am »

For thsose that are curious, my advancement plans are basically Bard 6/Master of Snake Mountain X, because MoSM is the most awesome of the bardic prestige classes. Even though Leadership is technically a feat requirement, I'm hoping that Araph will waive it once I meet the rest of the requirements since we're not using that feat in this campaign.

You know, if I die, I kinda want to come back as a monk as outlined on that page.  I like that alternate monk class.  The fighting styles might be a little OP, though, but you sacrifice flurry of blows and bunch of other monk feats/talents for it.  Not getting evasion for example would be sad.

Working on backstory.  Darn you Lord Braindead for setting the standard high!
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38