Attack a weak caravan
- 5 (45.5%)
Loiter at our tower
- 1 (9.1%)
Other (specify in post
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign  (Read 48408 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign
« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2011, 11:37:25 pm »

That was the general idea.  I'm afraid that I'm a little behind on the mythos of the standard D&D world.  Hence why I, in theory, work for some particular devil who shall remain unnamed, but in practice, I worship the forces of Death(bound if our GM approves) and Trickery.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2011, 12:06:18 am »

Iff our former master was a wizard,  he probably wasn't 15th level. A credible threat for a 15th level evil spellcaster would be a Marut, an Astral Deva, a Trumpet Archon, a pair of Ghaele, a trio of Leonals or a foursome of Elder Celestial Elementals (one of each type), or a swarm of 64 Lantern Archons. If anything like that showed up at our cave, we would all be dead.

A more pluasable assumption would be that the old boss was something like a 7th level wizard/cleric or, more likely yet, a [fighter, barbarian, ranger or paladin] 6/blackguard 5

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 02, 2011, 01:05:53 am »

If he was only lvl7, I doubt he would have a whole lot of minions like us, and certainly not from as wide a range.  I like the >lvl15 spellcaster, and explain our survival by stating that we simply were guarding a part of the dungeon that the adventurers failed to go through (say they missed a secret door).  We got out when the self-destruct alarms started ringing by a side exit, and were lucky to escape with our lives.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 02, 2011, 01:26:53 am »

A 7th level cleric has to have a Charisma score of 12 or better to attract 10 1st level followers (ie. us) using the Leadership* feat. A wizard/sorcerer doing the same needs a charisma of 16 or better, which, while unlikely for a wizard, is pretty much expected for a sorcerer.

An 11th level blackguard with a charisma of 16 (a reasonable choice for a blackguard, given how many of their powers key off of charisma) gets 40 1st level followers, which probably means the party plus 30ish gnolls to experiment on.

*I am assuming that the evil overlord in question is getting the +2 bonus for having a stronghold, due to our boss having a stronghold, and the +3 for special power & great renown, due to the old boss making pacts with the forces of darkness to get exactly that.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 02, 2011, 03:47:33 am »

Question for Aarph: What is the network name/password for hamachi?

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 02, 2011, 07:43:21 am »

I thought we wont play this week since Araph is still at school? First round on the 9th of June as far as i know.

If I'm mistaken then i cant attend this week. Already planned something else for the evening.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 02, 2011, 08:32:58 am »

Oh, right. Doh.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 02, 2011, 05:13:57 pm »

Catching up on posts now.

We seem to have 5 pages of arguing about names and backstories. THUS SPAKES THE DM:

The six of you were employed by the ogre mage Ckusay (a 9th level sorcerer). His lair was in the mountains to the south-east of your starting point, though your group has been chased north into the forests by pursuers of the paladin variety. Fortunately, survival is a cross-class skill for them, and you were able to lose them in the woodlands. Your master was killed by the order to which the paladins belonged, with his fortress leveled and looted. Despite working for the same leader, each individual of the group had not known any of the others before your escape from the mountains. Now you must survive at any cost, and one day build up your power and wealth enough to rule the lands around your keep. This time, though, you will be the masters. Don't die to early.

Your master wasn't some god-wannabe. He was happy lording over his mountains and the tribes of gnolls and whatnot down in the plains to the north. I can't believe Firefox doesn't think 'gnoll' is a word. Bah.

Yes, we start next Thursday. Throwing up a Hamachi network now, though. Both the network name and the password are Reversed Roles.

Oh, yeah. There was a bunch of stuff from earlier I was approving, and I can't remember all of it, and if it's approved it should be in the OP, and if it isn't I must have missed it, and I'm saying 'and' a lot.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:16:07 pm by Araph »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #263 on: June 02, 2011, 06:55:57 pm »

Good to know now I can form a back story. At least as much as my guy would be willing to tell.

edit- I just planned out my character up to level 20, man I need a job.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:46:01 am by King_of_the_weasels »
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2011, 05:08:57 pm »

Can everyone confirm what equipment we have, so we can get anything we might need?

I have 1 satchel(counts as backpack)
2 waterskins
1 Iron Quarterstaff
Matching Steel Spiked Gauntlets
Robes

26 Gold left. Anyone else?

And will supplying ourselves be a problem in this campaign?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:14:41 pm by Atomicdremora »

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 04, 2011, 06:39:19 pm »

@Araph: You already approved Di'rac 2.0. (now with 200% more hooves and horns!)

@Atomic: Its likely that we will have at least some difficulties to obtain gear from towns. I can use disguise self for a shopping trip but my disguise wont hold against magically improved eyes. A small village should be perfectly safe for me but in a large city there is the chance that someone notices that I always sound like a horse when I step closer.

My equipment is even less then the bare necessities. I need neither food nor rest and thus only bought a spare set of clothes and my lawyer tools.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2011, 06:45:08 pm »

@ Atomic: I have:
1 backpack
10 days worth of trail rations
1 sickle
1 scythe
Padded armor
50ft of hempen rope
Peasant's clothes
Bedroll
And 12gp, 8sp left over. So, I'm planning ahead with food, and I expect I'd get water from streams and such.
@Braindead: Warlocks really only have three class skills?

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2011, 06:50:14 pm »

Seems like my skills got bugged, thanks for noticing.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2011, 07:04:16 pm »

Well I need Brains. preferably sentient, but brains are my only source of nutrition.
so on your shopping trips, care to pick me up a snack/toy?

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2011, 07:13:13 pm »

@Braindead: If Araph lets us use prestige classes from other sources, then the Barrister of the Nine Hells would be good for you. It's a class specifically for demon lawyers.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38