Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You are (at) War!  (Read 1073 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
You are (at) War!
« on: May 23, 2011, 07:02:34 pm »

Parethesis are there for a reason, but don't expect that anytime soon. Anyway, onwards to glory! (or death).

Hail, Legendary Ranger! You are needed to help defend King Crionitis's honor, as well, honestly, we need a better archer leader. The Battlemasters are not used to commanding archers, only soldiers and cavalry, and we are Dejarrians! We do not give up in the face of newer technology! They have some kind of loud, new ranged weaponry, but the archers, you especially, still outrange them by a bit. They lack armor for their loud ranged weapon troops as well, they don't seem to be expecting any attacks on them. The Archer Legion is prepared and ready if you will accept, milord.

That night, a different messager comes.
Hail, Legendary Ranger, the one known as The Deadly Shot From Nowhere in some tales. Help us conquer this tiny, out of date island, and we will give you a major improvement in ranged technology. It is much louder as you may have heard, yes, but the increase in firepower should equal it out as far as you'd be concerned. What do you say? Help this old, honor-bound island, or join up with the future?

(Name for him would be nice, but I'll think of one if ya'll don't.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are (at) War!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:40:03 pm »

How is this played?

Dash Thunderfoot, Musket Ranger of... erm... those gunpowder guys fighting the Dejarrians.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 07:48:31 pm »

We are the best there is in Ranged Combat (Longbow).
Two opposing sides want our help. One will help our honor, one will help our tech.

Decide on a side, and then We'll continue from there. Its basically a text adventure.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 07:53:42 pm »

Side with those guys with the tech. And dash thunderfoot sounds good.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 07:54:32 pm »

They have a smaller force, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 07:56:21 pm »

Much more managable as well too.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 07:59:07 pm »

You say small force and I hear Guerrilla warfare led by a master ranger.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 08:00:05 pm »

That would be a rather loud Guerrilla army. This is really early musket tech we're talking, here.

But ok then. You guys want Dash Thunderfoot, The Deadly Shot From Nowhere, to fight his old but honorable country and side with progress?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 08:14:58 pm »

That would be a rather loud Guerrilla army. This is really early musket tech we're talking, here.

But ok then. You guys want Dash Thunderfoot, The Deadly Shot From Nowhere, to fight his old but honorable country and side with progress?

I was thinking that we could use the excess smoke and loud noises produced by older firearms to create confusion in the enemy's ranks. As long as we didn't try to take on too much at once, we'd be demoralizing the enemy into a rout before they even knew what hit them. At least that's what Shogun 2 taught me!

So, I'm all for Progress. Do the gunpowder guys have a name?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 08:17:42 pm »

They are the Sinrali. They are nomads.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 01:43:53 am »

I want to go with the olden days. Longbows are cool, you know?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 01:34:53 pm »

Any other votes?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 01:36:43 pm »

ye old ways.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 06:05:22 pm »

We seem to be at a tie, so I'll pick the longbow side since we already know a lot about them.
The King is glad you still kept your honor, and gladly hands you the official paper.

You:
Horse. (Quite fast, knows you. Can be sorta quiet but not very well.)
Your longbow.
5 dozen arrows (3 in saddlebags, 2 on back.)
Camo cloak, hooded. Perfect camouflage for the region.

Archer Legion:
500 Trained Archers
500 Crossbowmen (Peasants)

Intel:
Invading Sinrali tribe has ~500 armed members, and misc. others (non-combatant). about 2/3rds wield the loud new tech, but lack any noticeable armor aside from the layer of traditional fur coats and pelts. The rest are the expected nomad type: Fast, Horse-riding, light to medium armored. likely using swords or throwing weapons.

Lead the archers, or sneak in by yourself?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 06:08:03 pm »

Lead a small stealth squad apart from the main force
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: [1] 2