Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85492 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 55.5 Rings are for Beautiful People
« Reply #1590 on: August 27, 2011, 06:22:33 pm »

Your a shorty. Sprite means shorty. :P

I'm not really paying attention to racials much though in game terms-you'll notice how Molten Heart, a *stone* Dwarf just swam across a river? Yeah. We're not gonna point out these things to each other! It's a layer of complexity I'd rather not deal with.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: August 27, 2011, 09:51:50 pm »

He's a **MAGICAL** floating Stone Dwarf.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: August 27, 2011, 10:00:52 pm »

He's Molten Heart, damnit, and the rules of logic just don't apply. :3

Leaves observed Tides's transformation to a troll and back with a raised eyebrow. I wonder if I should put that ring on Merame. She might enjoy being large and powerful, if less agile than she is now. The monkey was peacefully napping right now though, most of her body grasping Leaf's upper left arm. ...If she was a big troll, maybe I could get some sleep while she carried me around for a change. He raised a hand to greet the odd being. "Blade Singer, Molten Heart, and I are going to look for Silver Tree," he said. "Do you want to accompany us?" Whether he did or not, Leaves would then go to find his allies.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: August 27, 2011, 10:04:36 pm »

((You know, I'm totally willing to turn back time for Sheltering Leaves/Pressing Tide to have gone with the others. No more party splits!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: August 27, 2011, 10:07:15 pm »

He's not really stone, he is just part earth elemental. He can swim, due to his kai training, but he preferably doesn't want to.

"Indeed, we will move faster by boat. Just make sure to watch for river monsters."

Head into the shack without disturbing the guard, and ask about hiring a boat and if they saw our sprite buddy float by. Blade singer can pay for us, of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: August 27, 2011, 10:07:26 pm »

Eh, I'd say just have us auto-magically intuit exactly where they are at/are going and just intercept them. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 28, 2011, 03:36:07 am »

"Indeed!" said Tide with a dramatic sweep of his hand. He sure was in a good mood...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 56 Silver Tree must die
« Reply #1597 on: August 31, 2011, 04:34:15 pm »

Turn 56
Pressing Tide quickly removes the ring...not that he's afraid of becoming a troll, it would just cramp his style to do it with no one to kill and eat. His body returns to its normal, awesome self not a moment later.

Sheltering Leaves, a bit bemused, approaches him and enlists his aid finding the wayward ones...the party must gather back together!

As the last two Kai leave the village, most of the Ogres have gathered in a makeshift celebration-your pretty much Heroes to them after all. Even some of the warriors show up, grudgingly, offering you pledges and thanks. An Ogre Female, which Sheltering Leaves recognizes as the one he met earlier, hangs two garlands of stringed mushrooms around the necks of Pressing Tide and Sheltering Leaves. She seems a bit more high spirited than before.

Darain is all to happy to translate

"She says "Luck for the Road Master Kais", and claims the mushrooms on your neck will never go bad as long as you wear them, and they can heal some wounds when ingested...I've never seen that particular variety before..."

Next, the Blood Shaman approacheth! He hands you five slightly scaled down gas masks, to be used against the beast.

"These masks are complete...I can only hope you will succeed where I failed, Kai. Not only against the beast, but against what lies beyond. If you ever have cause to return, Master Pressing Tide, I will be honored to give you a proper training in my craft."

The Kai Warriors depart to the cheers of the Ogres-and, Amalar the Spider-Elf scuttles in from behind, trying to dodge rotten fruit and bits of wood that was prepared for him. He's not entirely successful.

They arrive at the boathouse, following Silver Trees wake, about a half hour later...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Molten Heart and Blade Singer, meanwhile, are trying to enter the boathouse...they're naturally being cautious.

((Luck roll 9 Vs Fate roll 2, lucky!))

They manage to not disturb the guard. Snakemen are so torpid!

Once inside, they find the boathouse is also more of a small dive bar...at least at least a dozen souls drinking smoky goblets and speaking quietly. Which is apparently max capacity. Judging by the look of them, they seem to be river sailors and rogues-a rough lot, all things considered, but Kai are not easily intimidated. Almost immediately, some of more cognizant ones look in your direction and begin pointing to your Green cloaks-apparently you've earned some reputation...be it fame, or infamy, you can't say.

You can see a Troglodyte Bartender working a dirty glass with a rag-how cliched!-and he nods at you. Behind him is a a few shelves with bottles of imbibement, and a schedule for the available watercraft and prices.

"Oyar, what brings the esteemed Kai-ars to mah humble abod-ar?

Ah, a bo-at! I will provide. Can I see your coin-ar?"

He just sniffs when Blade Singer shows him Gold crowns-Molten Heart Ograkoinz get his attention though. He rents a boat for the day-spending 40 koinz-and the bartender says it will be about a half hour before his man gets back from ferrying another couple up the river. Though it will be a thin margin, it will save you time in the long run...and of course, there will be time to wait for Pressing Tide and Sheltering Leaves to catch up-and they will, in about 15 minutes.

In the meantime, the Kai take a table. They could order drinks...or see if there is anyone worth questioning here. Othere than the bartender. there are a few others.

-A trio of Snakemen Guards, carrying clubs like the last one. They seem to be a little alarmed at your entrance-you guess these the over enthusiastic bouncers. Like the last one, they don't wear any armor, preferring the comfort of their plated scales.

-Five Kobolds in heavy black cloaks sit around a small table. They're playing cards, for a currency you recognize as Ograkoins. As you watch, a small fight interrupts, and one of the draws a tiny knife that produces steam-but they quiet down a moment later, when they see you looking at them.

-A pale Deep Dwarf sits alone in the back, nursing a large mug, and eyeing you balefully. You can see no weapon on him, but there is a glint of some heavy metallic armor underneath his shirt.

-Two carefully dressed Batmen sit off to one side, chittering quietly and draining some sort of fruit with their fangs. They're wearing light leathers and open necked shirts, and have knives, blowguns, small sphere bombs, and likely poisoned darts lined on their utility belts.

The bartenders only has a few brews-drink at your own risk, and the first ones on the house! Each drink costs 3 Koinz.

Spend, Spend, spend yer koin-ar...
-3 Koinz a mug-

Red Kobold Slammer-Very bitter, but sharpens the mind and the senses. Makes you a little bit...ratty.

Trog Ale-A pale wine, heavily distilled. Tastes like mud, but gets you drunk very quickly.

Plump Helmet Wine-A Dwarven classic, recreated in all it's glory. Warning, may not contain 100% pure Plump Helmet.

Cave Dragon Spleen Juice-Rich, Dark Red juice, served spiced *and* heated to order, and the specialty of the house. Tastes better than it sounds, really. Only for the truly brave!

Silver Tree, meanwhile, decides to give up rather than fight. The Frogman seem glad at least-they tie his legs and arms, and haul him onto a large branch, which they carry horizontally, with Silver Tree slung underneath. It still takes about 10 Frogman to carry him though. It's not a long trip...

In time, they arrive at the Frogman village. Silver Tree is staked upright in the middle of the town-a collection of small huts, really-and is guarded by no less than twenty frog-warriors.

The leaders leave him to convenve in what looks like an important building, one of them carrying Silver Trees possessions with him He may yet come to regret leaving his fate in the hands of these creatures...

((Luck 4 VS Fate 6, unlucky!))

He does regret it! The Frogman have always received warnings of a rampaging T-Rex mother, and don't want their village destroyed on Silver Trees account-they move his stake outside of the village, and leave him there-as a sacrifice to the Mother. a few hunters hiding in the mushrooms watch him carefully for any sign of an escape attempt.

Uh oh. Silver Tree tugs at his bindings-Frogman are very capable at knots apparently-and finds he's somewhat immobilized...he has no doubt he can free himself, but he needs time...time. He hears a faint roar in the distance, and a bead of sweat forms on his brow.

[
Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC: Assume the whole group meets together at the bar on this turn. :)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: August 31, 2011, 04:44:51 pm »

Escape, and keep running, but in the direction of the tombs.

Silver Tree tugged at the knots, and began freeing himself from the ropes for if he was going to die he would at least lead the T-Rex to the den of that creature,and trap them in it together even if he had to trap himself inside along with them. He began speaking as he freed himself "Spirits please help me, and at least allow my death to not be in vain allow me to kill the beast inside the tomb, and protect those ogres from harm. In exchange you may have my soul, my body, anything you want take it as long as I can lift the suffering this beast has caused, and free them from its terror."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 31, 2011, 04:59:52 pm »

OOC: That's fine. ^^

Leaves drummed his fingertips on the table for a few moments. Although as an elf he basically had all the time in the world, he understood that Silver Tree most likely did not, and the sooner they could meet up with their fellow Kai the better he would feel. The last they had heard of him he was in danger, and that didn't sit well with Sheltering Leaves. "I'm going to walk around for a moment," he said, pushing back his chair and standing. He couldn't help it, he was just nervous right now. Losing another Kai brother would be terrible in and of itself, but it would also be a terrible omen for the mission.

There wasn't much room to walk about, though, and eventually he found himself near the (1) Snakemen guards. He nodded to them. "Has there been any trouble recently?" he asked, looking for a way to pass the time until the boat arrived.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: August 31, 2011, 10:01:10 pm »

Moltern Heart wisely passes on the drinks and decides to go talk to the (3) deep dwarf.

"Greetings earth brother. Do you mind if I ask if you have seen anything strange lately? I hear tales about a foul smelling beast..."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: September 01, 2011, 12:03:52 am »

With his allies doing the questioning, and still mulling over the Heroquest and what Lord Grey told him afterwards, Blade Singer orders the house special. Cave Dragon Spleen Juice, aw yeah.

After everything I've been through, I can handle this. Maybe.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: September 01, 2011, 01:09:04 am »

Oh dear... You do know that alcohol is basically poison, right? Why do you seem determined to kill yourself?!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: September 01, 2011, 01:16:25 am »

Because that's how making pudding works, obviously. :3

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: September 01, 2011, 11:57:31 am »

Because that's how making pudding works, obviously. :3

This spoon will open up a hole in space, you know.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 110