Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85553 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 56, Triumph!
« Reply #1560 on: August 26, 2011, 07:44:45 am »

Turn 56
Blade Singer tries not to show his desperation...

(Charisma roll=3, pass
Spirit damage 1d6=4)

Thrak begins by snapping the staff over his knee-the Great Mothers face goes white.
"Shamans without power...are nothing." Thrak intones.

Then, Lord Grey shows the mirror to her.

"Tell me-what do you see?"
Whatever it is, the sight causes the Great Mother to scream-and the mirror shatters in your hand.

You've effectively broken her.

"The cure is....blood. Trade the blood of two sick..."

Lord Grey pondered all of this.

We knew she was telling us the truth...or, were convinced we would never get it out of her. The cure worked...my wife did not perish.

I and Thrak departed soon after-we did not promise friendship to each other, not exactly...but, we did agree to respect one another. When we met again-under less favorable circumstances-it was not with anger, but with joy that I fought him.

We let the Great Mother go. We thought she was harmless with her tools takens away from her...we were mistaken-very-but, that's a story for another day...

Blade Singer feels the life of Lord Grey flash by him in that moment. A triumphant ringing of horns...smiling as Lord Greys wife opens her eyes, cured...he lifts a child in his arms, with grey eyes like him...his razor sword strikes at a horrible creature with four faces...and, finally he dies, in utter defiance of evil, glad to have spent it in the cause..and Blade Singer is slowly lifted from the God planes.

He can see a massive, Grey Cloaked form ahead of him-he carries a long, razor edged sword slung over his left shoulder, and what little you can see of his face is framed in a tired, yet wry smile.

"Fine work, Blade Singer...take what thou hast earned...and, remember these words. The Queen you may have come to love and cherish-at least, in world where time was not stolen from you-bore you a child, in secret. He knows your name-and has tried to live up to your ideals for his entire life.

You must protect him. There are threats he will face that only a Kai can stand against.

I can say no more, due to the pact...go now. They are waiting for you."

Before Blade Singer is lifted completely, he sees some of his items are glowing brightly. He also knows, somehow, that he can also choose to take a memory or a piece of Lord Greys spirit with him...which one does he take?

1. The Razor-Edged Greatsword/He carried a grey sword...as grey as his cloak...it's blade bit through the strongest armor...and it howled like the Demon wind. Blade Singer is pleased to notice that Lord Grey has brung down the swords size to be one handed for him.

2. The Grey Cloak/Lord Greys cloak was a boon to him when targeted...those who struck at him, only found a laughing shadow...steeped in grey duskcloth, it was said no blade could touch him while he wore it. Blade Singer can see-it's actually sort of...greenish grey, like a Kai Cloak...

3. Soul of the Grey Wolf/Deep in his heart, he was no less than a Wolf-a Leader of his pack...a true warrior. Blade Singer is a Wolf too...even if he doesn't know it yet. Will he embrace it?

4. Memory of Yelkmors Venom/They said no magic could harm Lord Grey after his trial with Yelkmor...Blade Singers memory is strong. What sort of venom-magical or otherwise-could hurt him after living through that?

Sheltering Leaves and Molten Heart finish their incantations, and watch as the entire group of Ogre erupts into cheers. Most of them are praising Thrak, but some are reverently burning incense candles to a small shrine to Lord Grey.

Blade Singer seems to have returned to himself...and he seems different somehow.

------
Pressing Tide is very careful. There are forces here that can drive even him mad-or worse.

The voices seem to have calmed down somewhat-though, he can still hear a struggle going on, deep in his mind.

Eventually, the older voice returns, sounding a bit haggard.

"I shall be frank. It's cold and dark. All the time. Memory and experience are the sticks we throw on our fires...the fuel for our lamps...please, we would not hurt you...we would only hurt ourselves..."

You thank him, and silence the connection.

Kirknak is sharpening his claws when you adress him. He doesn't stop though, almost as he wants you to believe it's unimportant.

"Oh? Kirknak know trapped Spirits are hungry-real bad. They also smart...you have to be smart, not give them much. Make them work for food. Of course-only use when desperate....cannot stress enough. Also, be careful not to let one spirit get too powerful. Real bad."

Pressing Tide thinks back. The Old voice has gotten much stronger and clearer lately than the others, who have faded at the same time. And, as he thinks these things, can he not hear just a tiny hiss of frustration from the necklace? As if something was just a bit annoyed to have that particular fact known? Well, it was probably all just in your head.

------
Silver Tree
doesn't care anymore...he evokes the fire spirits in the bow...who wake up, and scream in rage, boiling the water around him.

(Luck roll 7 vs fate roll 3, lucky!)

Silver Tree, without a second thought, drops his ancestral bow into the murky depths and swims away as fast as he can. It's enough distraction to confuse the monster at least and allow his escape...but he lost his bow.

He hauls himself onto shore wearily-and after moving a safe distance from the beach, finds a relatively dry piece of land to collapse on.

(Luck roll 2 vs fate roll 5, Unlucky!)

He wakes up a short time later. Somethings-multiple somethings, in fact-are poking him lightly with spears. He groans. It's just going to be one of those days.

He looks up-Frogmen! There are about a dozen of them, and each one is short as a Halfling, and armed with stone spear or axe.

They croak and ribbit amongst each other in their own language, perhaps deciding what to do with him. Some of them are pointing to his Green Cloak, then speaking quickly.

What will Silver Tree do?

Spoiler: Kirknak Ring-Seller (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:11:34 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 55, Triumph!
« Reply #1561 on: August 26, 2011, 08:05:54 am »

Moltern Heart takes a deep breath and lets it out in a sigh. He was quite thankful that his comrade was ok, but was curious as to what he was doing.

"Blade Singer! I am happy to see you are well, but I must ask, by the rock mother, what were you doing?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 26, 2011, 02:28:02 pm »

"Wait I do not wish to fight please I only wish to escape from the moster in the water down their. If we do not hurry the thing will kill us, so lets run quickly." says Sheltering Leaves as he pushes himself up, and stands on his wobbly legs trying to keep his balance.

Try to tell them of the creature in the water, and meanwhile drink the HP Potion I have to heal myself. See if I can't convince them I mean them no harm.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 26, 2011, 02:29:19 pm »

3. Soul of the Grey Wolf/Deep in his heart, he was no less than a Wolf-a Leader of his pack...a true warrior. Blade Singer is a Wolf too...even if he doesn't know it yet. Will he embrace it?

My response to this  :P

Blade Singer obtained the Grey Cloak! *Zelda music*

Draped in a new cloak and turning towards Sheltering Leaves and Molten Heart, he puts on a smile. "Just passing the time. It was a Heroquest, and I think I have a very interesting story to tell you all later. It's a story for another time though. Where's everyone else?"
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 26, 2011, 02:32:29 pm »

Wait, am I Silver Tree nao? :p / :3

The elf nodded. "I can't really say where the sprite is. They say he was trying to steal dinosaur eggs and was chased towards the river. As for Pressing Tides, we left him with the shaman, learning blood magic." He turned slightly to look at the entrance. "Should we go back to him or look for our missing Kai?" he asked, leaving it up to the other two.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 26, 2011, 02:38:09 pm »

"The sprite probably got himself into trouble by now, if he went alone. How about one of us leaves to collect Pressing Tides and the other two go to find Silver Tree?"
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 26, 2011, 04:44:55 pm »

So, anyone have advice on what to do with the necklace? I should probably sell it, but I kind of don't want to because it's so interesting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 26, 2011, 04:48:36 pm »

Keep it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 26, 2011, 04:55:41 pm »

Says the waiting list. Yeeeahh....
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: August 26, 2011, 04:56:04 pm »

Hey, I was in...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 26, 2011, 05:02:19 pm »

Or give it to me I really want it, so if I live give it to me plz.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 26, 2011, 05:04:51 pm »

You sure about that bro? You know it eats souls, right? Like, your souls?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 26, 2011, 05:07:11 pm »

You sure about that bro? You know it eats souls, right? Like, your souls?
I only need it until I kill that beast if I use it right I can use it to gain enough power to kill that beast then dispose of it (We could also shove iot down the things throat)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 26, 2011, 05:23:47 pm »

Which beast, the tentacle one?

And shoving it down something's throat isn't going to do anything unless it coughs it up and starts wearing it irresponsibly.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 26, 2011, 05:30:40 pm »

Which beast, the tentacle one?

And shoving it down something's throat isn't going to do anything unless it coughs it up and starts wearing it irresponsibly.
I meant if we break it as we shove it down its throat it should release the spirits,a dn pent up energy killing the tentacle demon.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 110