Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85630 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 48, A Time of Mending
« Reply #1245 on: July 26, 2011, 08:35:35 pm »

Gather a Sample of Poison, and give it to the Shaman to enchant my bow with.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 26, 2011, 08:37:20 pm »

@Adwarf: Oy, be specific where you looking for things, or check your inventories.

@Ironyowk: I'd allow that, sounds evil. :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 26, 2011, 08:38:55 pm »

Would a torch work for fire or wood? If so and adwarf wants it he can have one of mine.

QuickEdit: Would the antidote work for poison?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 26, 2011, 08:40:05 pm »

Would a torch work for fire or wood? If so and adwarf wants it he can have one of mine.

QuickEdit: Would the antidote work for poison?

Yep

Quickedit answer: Nope. It'd probably make an...I don't know, antidote blade or something. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 26, 2011, 08:43:36 pm »

Use the torch to make my bow enchanted with the fire element

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 26, 2011, 08:51:19 pm »

"'Master' or 'Lord' or similar might be more appropriate, but I would not take offense to calling me by my name. I am Pressing Tide, and I will introduce you to my companions shortly. On that note, do you have a preferred name or title for brevity's sake? Amalar'anet might prove a bit unwieldy for many."

Pressing Tide nodded respectfully to the ogres. "Of course."

With that, he began heading to the merchants with Amalar'anet. His first concern was for his new servant's armaments- he'd be both less effective and in grave danger without proper equipment.

((Does Amalar'anet have his equipment?))

He stopped to chat with the blacksmith- specifically, he was curious what the properties of green iron were. He also asked if the great axe he carried was worth anything to her, and similarly inquired about the loincloths to the leatherworker.

((Also, would elemental effects tend to just be more damage, or would/could they have more interesting results? What would bone or blood do, for instance? :3))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 26, 2011, 09:01:02 pm »

Does Amalar'anet have his equipment?

Also, would elemental effects tend to just be more damage, or would/could they have more interesting results? What would bone or blood do, for instance? :3

The Spider-Elf had all his equipment taken from him-but you guys scavenged enough to outfit him again.

I was thinking a bone weapon could induce a bleed effect that does damage over time, and for blood-well, a Blood bound weapon would heal you for the damage it does to the enemy.

I had that whole mini boss battle ready on that if Zako had chosen the blood shaman based on that ability. Granted, as a magic user, he would have also had the ability to summon blood pets that could transfer the damage back to the shaman...it would have been fun to watch. :3

Anyway, if you want to the secrets of Blood Shaman Magic, you'll have to go see Blood Shaman Merrigurthag.

Edit: Also, you can usually find information on existing items in the 2nd post, if I remember to add them...which isn't often...

Here's the current list of metals and materials

Spoiler: Metal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:03:09 pm by Dwarmin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 26, 2011, 09:14:31 pm »

The Spider-Elf had all his equipment taken from him-but you guys scavenged enough to outfit him again.
Meaning he's got the shield and such as standard for a shieldbearer, or just that I could arm him with the stuff I've got?

I was thinking a bone weapon could induce a bleed effect that does damage over time, and for blood-well, a Blood bound weapon would heal you for the damage it does to the enemy.
Eeeexcellent. :3

Anyway, if you want to the secrets of Blood Shaman Magic, you'll have to go see Blood Shaman Merrigurthag.
Plan developed!

Edit: Also, you can usually find information on existing items in the 2nd post, if I remember to add them...which isn't often...
Ah, thanks.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 26, 2011, 09:17:12 pm »

Meaning he's got the shield and such as standard for a shieldbearer, or just that I could arm him with the stuff I've got?

Yeah, he's got nothing at all.

Edit: Also, it was the third post for items. Doof.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:18:48 pm by Dwarmin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 26, 2011, 09:18:58 pm »

Can I get more animal companions as we go along (I really want a group of birds named Blackie, Sparky, Grey, Shadow, and Dave)?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 26, 2011, 09:23:25 pm »

In addition to his earlier business, Pressing Tide inquired as to what sorts of one-handed melee weapons and shields the smith could fashion.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 26, 2011, 09:54:46 pm »

@Adwarf: Once your abilities get stronger, certainly. Having more than one companion may begin to strain your bond though, mentally and emotionally.

---------------------------
-Mini Turn-

Pressing Tide chats with his new possession as he walks to the market.

"I'll call you Master Tide...that should work...also, my friends call me uh, uh...uh, Amala. Yeah.

Meanwhile, Sheltering Leaves shells out the Koins for both undershirts, and meets Pressing Tide on his way to the market, handing him one. They both take the time to slip them on.

The Ogre Smith Hilderige, wearing a heavy smelting frock, spits in the forge upon being shown the bone axe, sending a sheet of flame into the air.

"That's not a real weapon. Not for a warrior anyway. Only hunters use bone weapons-I'm sure that lazy bum Goffuk the Bone-Carver is up by now. Try selling it to him...also, Green Iron is junk. I hate working with it. Weapons shatter like ice, and Armor more often than not sends shards into the person it was trying to protect. Still, it's common enough, and not everyone can afford the best...I know the Spider-Elves and others tend to outfit most of their lowliest soldiers with it...

Shields and swords, I can make. I'm better with swords, but I can make a mace if you want it. Got anything in particular you needed?"

The Leatherworker inspect the loincloths.

"Ahh, war loot from the hunters, then? I'll take them off your hands for 10 coins each. Probably sell them right back to the hunters at a profit."

--------
Silver Tree, a few feet away, hands over all his koins to the Shaman, before lighting one of Sheltering Leaves borrowed torches and handing to him.

"Stand back, everyone!"

The Shaman begins a low chant, slowly gathering in speed and volume...about five minutes after, Forlane is visibily strained, with sweat running down his face. The Torch flame seems to be dancing, almost as if it's alive.

"Hold up your weapon, warrior..."

Silver Tree holds up his bow, and the flame leaps from the torch toward his weapon! The Sprite is momentarily terrified that his weapon will be consumed...but the wood does not burn. The fires die down, and now his longbow glows a dull red.

"Now, it is done. Ammunition fired from that weapon burst into fire as intended, and no armor will protect your foes from it.

Caution is needed-the Flame Spirits that now reside inside your bow are sleeping, but once they are freed, they will heed no master, and they will burn you if they can. Also, if the bow is ever submerged in water, you may break the enchantment, or anger them enough to break free and attack you...

-------

Molten Heart, all the while, was undergoing a strange ritual with Fuzghurk. Since Darain was with Pressing Tide, they had to make do with sign language now...

The Ogre warrior brings out a small clear glass sphere, and hands it to Molten Heart, indicating he should concentrate on it. The Dwarf feels the stones power right away-it allows one to contact Earth Spirits. He can feel them, all around.

He calls out to one, a larger one who quielty resides in a gneiss boulder a few miles away.

A stony, patient voice answer him.

"Wielder of the Shearing Stone, why do you call me? Fuzghurk befriended us long ago, and he says we should help you...I sense you are my stone-kin...also, did you know Silent Fox-kin? The Wind and Earth lamented his passing to us, and sang his praises as an element-friend...we can trust you.

What do you ask? Knowledge? A companion perhaps, to empower your blows? There are many who would go, if I allow them.

-Mini Turn-
Blade Singer and Silver Tree are the first to the market-they see the four merchants who have attracted the most attention. There's probably other shops, as well, if they decide to look harder.

Spoiler: Kirknak Ring-Seller (click to show/hide)

Currency remaining

Sheltering Leaves: 10
Blade Singer: 50
Pressing Tide: 50
Molten Heart: 50
Silver Tree: 0

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:02:12 pm by Dwarmin »

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 26, 2011, 09:56:01 pm »

Cheap rings ahoy!

"Alright, Kirknak, I'll take the jumping ring. 50 koinz, right?"

Buy dat springy ring! I need jumping powers, I just knows it.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 26, 2011, 10:04:16 pm »

"Forlane is it possible for me to make a pact with the spirits that reside within this bow, so that I may use their powers when I call for them, and what would be the price of such a contract ?" asked Silver Tree as he stared at the now glowing bow in his hand.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 26, 2011, 10:07:45 pm »

"Forlane is it possible for me to make a pact with the spirits that reside within this bow, so that I may use their powers when I call for them, and what would be the price of such a contract ?" asked Silver Tree as he stared at the now glowing bow in his hand.

"No contract is needed-in fact, if you tried to contact them, they would awaken and attack you. The Shamans powers keep them placid until they released through the motion of letting loose an arrow. Since Fire Spirits tend to propagate quickly, you will find the enchantment will work automatically for many years, as long as the bow remains undamaged."

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 110