Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85608 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 48, A Time of Mending
« Reply #1230 on: July 26, 2011, 04:48:23 pm »

"That was one of the best dreams I've had in a while."

Make a mental note to beat up War Wind more in my dreams.

Go visit some merchants! I need some magical stuffs of my own.

Oh gog. Should I be worried about interacting with Blade Singer in the future? :P

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 26, 2011, 06:38:39 pm »

Thanking the shamans, Pressing Tide asked the way to the butchery, searching for the spider elf. He hoped the... interrogation hadn't been too rough on him.

"Darain, could you explain the spider elf's likely status in the ogres' eyes, and whether they'll respect my claim to him?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 26, 2011, 06:44:30 pm »

Search for useful items.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 26, 2011, 07:01:12 pm »

-Mini Turn-
Blade Singer and Silver Tree are the first to the market-they see the four merchants who have attracted the most attention. There's probably other shops, as well, if they decide to look harder.

Spoiler: Kirknak Ring-Seller (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Minor rule change-I was originally going to let heavy items give agility penalties, but I realized that since it lowers your chance of a succesful defense roll, its sort of self defeating. Heavy, encumbering items will now reduce strength.
EDITEDIT: Unless they are weapons, since that doesn't make sense either. Oy.

-------

Pressing Tide makes his way to the butchery-well, was he expecting to be surprised? It's filled with freshly skinned beasts that stink like death.

The Spider-Elf has been chained up in the back, and the Ogres are punching and kicking him, and a grim faced Shaman is asking all sorts of questions in debased common-how many are in your clan, how many warriors do you have, how many shamans do you have...the Spider-Elf keeps trying to tell them that his Empire is a alot larger than a clan, but the Ogres are not listening. They are preparing to start severing his limbs when Pressing Tide enters, and declare the Spider-Elf his war prisoner.

The Ogres relent. By law, you can decide what to do with him. They would be understandably angered if you let him leave the village alive, though. They leave, promising to be right outside the door if you need them.

The Spider-Elf, whom you remember as Amalar'anet, only looks at you fearfully as they do so, wondering what tortures you have planned for him.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:09:15 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 26, 2011, 07:17:43 pm »

Merame hopped onto Sheltering Leaves and crawled up to his shoulder, where she hung on, her head peeking over it slightly. "We should go to the market too," she said. Maybe there would be some sort of interesting food there. The elf shrugged and, having no better plan at the moment, caught up to Blade Singer and Silver Tree. He browsed the stores and eventually approached Garmlor. "Do you have any Giant Bat Leather Undershirts?" he asked.

And while he's asking that, I'll ask: do special leathers add on to or replace the normal bonus the article gives?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 26, 2011, 07:27:05 pm »

Silver Tree walked up to the Shaman, and asked "How much would it cost to enchant my bow ?" as he pulled it from its container, and showed it to the Shaman. Alucard was sniffing at a table with slabs of red meat on it, and began to whimper waiting for Silver Tree to buy him some.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 26, 2011, 07:49:50 pm »

Pressing Tide smiled somewhat sadly at the spider-elf. "It seems your options are somewhat limited.

I do have an offer for you, however. Agree to serve me, and to a lesser extent my companions, as a bodyguard and servant, and I will ensure you are treated well and perhaps even rewarded."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 26, 2011, 08:05:21 pm »

And while he's asking that, I'll ask: do special leathers add on to or replace the normal bonus the article gives?

Garmior speaks to you in surprisingly good common.

"Indeed Elf-Sir, I've got a few of those in stock-my younger cousins first work I trust to sell...she's a prodigy, you know...and I can guarantee that my special stock of leather is at least as twice as good as the normal stuff. It's almost as if you combined the advantage of both into one."

OOC: Yeah, it's an additional bonus.

Silver Tree walked up to the Shaman, and asked "How much would it cost to enchant my bow ?" as he pulled it from its container, and showed it to the Shaman. Alucard was sniffing at a table with slabs of red meat on it, and began to whimper waiting for Silver Tree to buy him some.

Forlane actually has a talking head of own-a shrunken head hanging around his neck, but still...

It speaks to you.

"Forlane would take 50 Ograkoins to enchant your weapon to deal specific elemental damage, in addition to what it already does. As for the Element, he can do pretty much anything, but you must bring him a sample of the element you want him to bind."

Pressing Tide smiled somewhat sadly at the spider-elf. "It seems your options are somewhat limited.

I do have an offer for you, however. Agree to serve me, and to a lesser extent my companions, as a bodyguard and servant, and I will ensure you are treated well and perhaps even rewarded."

"Sure, sure-I'll do whatever you say! Just don't let the Ogres kill me...I'm not a bad person. I was drafted...I mean, they forced me to go here. I didn't have a choice..."

Pressing Tide carefully scans his mind. He can tell the Spider-Elf is not totally lying-he was drafted, but went willingly enough. Of course, he can also tell Amalar'anet would agree to anything to get away from the Ogres, and his loyalty will be somewhat suspect as long as he believes he has a chance to escape.

Deeper down, there's just not that much. Amalar'anet has no great needs or wants beyond staying alive, and is not the sort of person to question what he's told, and seeks no greater truths or understanding. Dissapointing.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:08:34 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 26, 2011, 08:11:50 pm »

OK. I've got enough for two special ones; Irony, do you want an undershirt? (Everyone else has a Spidersilk vest, which I assume takes the same slot.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 26, 2011, 08:13:31 pm »

OK. I've got enough for two special ones; Irony, do you want an undershirt? (Everyone else has a Spidersilk vest, which I assume takes the same slot.)

You assume correct

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 26, 2011, 08:17:30 pm »

What elements are there, and would Alucard's fur work for the element sample?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 26, 2011, 08:24:54 pm »

Pressing Tide clicked his tongue in slight annoyance. Even mere tools were more interesting when they were... nuanced. Well, perhaps he could improve the elf later.

He began unchaining the spider-elf, or else went to fetch the ogres if he could not. "As a reminder, I can kill or drive you mad with a glance, so it might be wise not to betray me," he reminded Amalar'anet.

Once ready to leave, or in need of the ogre's assistance, he explained the situation to them:

"The Spider-Elf is my warrior-slave now, and should be treated accordingly. I do apologize for any disappointment you might have for his continued survival, but he is considerably more useful to me alive than dead."

He politely waited for their (and Amalar'anet's, if he had one) response before moving on.

Indeed I do. :3 Probably bat leather.

What elements are there, and would Alucard's fur work for the element sample?
Well, there'd mud. :P Seriously though, you might think about if we have any way to get something more exotic, like shadow or light. Assuming you're interested in anything like that, that is.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 26, 2011, 08:30:17 pm »

@Adwarf: I allow a little leeway, but I'm not sure how fur is an element.  :-\

Like, Fire, Water, Earth, Wood, Electricy, Ice, Poison or Air is what you should be thinking of. You could probably bind things like light, sound, darkness...creativity is a boon in this game. Use it and you'll go far.

-------------
Pressing Tide retrieves a key hanging on a nearby wall hook and undoes all eight  of Amalar'anets shackles.

"Thanks! Thanks...er, do you need me to call you master? Lord? Overseer? I'll do what you say, since your saving my life, and not driving me mad with your eyes..."

The Ogres gnash their teeth and stomp the ground, but the Shaman restrains them. He says...

"The Shaman says your free to do what you want with it, but all the damage the Spider-Elf may cause will be your responsibility from now on."

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:33:04 pm by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 26, 2011, 08:34:39 pm »

Leaf thought it over for a moment, then nodded. "Give me two," he said, producing the requisite 40 coins. One would be for himself, the other for Pressing Tides; given how dangerous the journey had been so far, they all needed all the protection they could get, and the other Kai had little that Leaves could remember. Once he had the undershirts, he put his on, then went to go find the strange Kai.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 26, 2011, 08:34:54 pm »

Quick question- would bone or tooth or something be an element?
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 110