Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85532 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 46, Molten Heart Beyond Ogredome
« Reply #1185 on: July 22, 2011, 05:02:48 am »

I would actually say the son. The caster can possibly summon and get more attacks per round, and we already know the team gets two AND poison. Plus it's pretty much stated (between the lines) that the kobold is hard to hit, and if you do kill him first you'll likely send the ogre into UNSTOPPABLE RAEG so he'll be even harder to beat. And you know they have enchantments to further strengthen them; fighting the team looks like suicide to me. >.>

Anyway, judging from the fact the first guy is awkward with his weapon and hasn't earned respect yet, I would say he's the easiest fight. The caster would be the 'medium' difficulty choice; he can handle himself and he MIGHT be able to summon a few allies but he might fail too, or maybe you could stop him entirely by breaking his jaw to keep him from casting or something of that nature. The team is clearly the difficult choice, since one's quick, experienced, uses poison, and has enchantments, whereas the other guy is strong, can tank for the real threat, and will likely go berserk if the kobold falls first.

Just my thoughts.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 22, 2011, 05:18:11 am »

I'd say the son too- he's likely handicapped by his own weapon. Make sure not to disarm him.

You're right that killing him will likely be poorly-received, but again, you could probably find some way to finish him off nonfatally.

The blood shaman would be next in line. I suspect the blue seed was a hint that he'll be plot-gimped, but there's two issues with that assumption. First of all, it could be wrong, and the ogre literally meant he'd utterly destroy you otherwise. Secondly, it'd probably be best to win without cheating, if at all possible.

Duo is the last I would fight, simply because they're the hardest to gauge. They're also the hardest to figure out a strategy for- going for one or the other first is probably the right move, but it's hard to say which one. The only almost-guaranteed advantage I can think of vs them is that if you can hold one of them hostage, the other will probably forfeit to save him.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 22, 2011, 06:12:02 am »

Hmmm... Well, you guys have a point, we are already pretty much screwed socially with the warriors, so might as well go with the easier option.

Moltern Heart stopped infront of the large ogre warrior, Fuzghurk, and nodded at his choice. He turned to where he thought Darian's head would be and shouted to it;

"Is this duel to the death, or until someone gives up?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 22, 2011, 08:04:50 am »

Hmmm... Well, you guys have a point, we are already pretty much screwed socially with the warriors, so might as well go with the easier option.

Moltern Heart stopped infront of the large ogre warrior, Fuzghurk, and nodded at his choice. He turned to where he thought Darian's head would be and shouted to it;

"Is this duel to the death, or until someone gives up?"

Darain listens to the Ogre-Law Talker, and hums.

"The rules state that if one yields, the victor can choose to spare his life, but if he does so, the one spared owes the other a sort of life-debt, or something. Of course, there is no rule prohibiting them from killing you after the fight. Sounds like a loophole!"

Molten Heart indicates Fuzghurk as his challenger.

The Ogre swings his hammer in an arc, accepting the duel himself. He warbles something to Molten Heart

"Well, the Ogre claims he'll nail your broken hide over his bedroom wall, so his Father and Mate will always know what a great warrior he is...poor fellow seems to be suffering from a lack of self-confidence."

Merrigurthag silently departs, and all the Ogres seem to relax a bit in his absence.

Mas'Gur seem a bit affronted, but Blas'gur seems relieved.

Molten Heart and Fuzghurk are dropped into the domed pit, and the wooden cage doors are closed behind them. Ogres line the walls expectantly, some of them making bets, others banging on shields or their chests. Current odds favor Fuzghurk!

Molten Heart draws his blade over his head in a defensive stance, while Fuzghurk drops his hammer to his side. Both combatants begins to circle, sizing each other up.

The Ogre spares a glance to his father, then scowls, and moves in first, approaching with caution, his hammer tensed to strike.

How will Molten Heart fight against him?

OOC: @Zako: The more complete your combat actions, the better!
Turn will be up to-day, hopefully.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 22, 2011, 08:48:37 am »

I must avoid that hammer at all costs. If I get hit by that thing, I'm done for. However, I should also watch out for any kicks that he might throw out, he seems slightly crafty and is willing to fight unarmed.

Look for weak spots in his armour, and stay out of his range for now. Analyse his movements, see if he favours a particular hand or leg, has old injuries that hamper him and don't let myself get backed against the wall.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 22, 2011, 02:30:54 pm »

-Quick Turn-

Spoiler: Round 1 (click to show/hide)

Molten Heart prepares to meet the Ogres charge, looking for a exploitable weakness in his form. Fuzghurk isn't so patient though! He bounds into the air, landing left and angling his hammer down at the same time. Molten Heart rolls out of the way, avoiding the hammers explosive force, and angles a vicious slash of his own along the Ogre Warriors back leg, piercing the leather armor at it's joint.

The Ogres in the stands cheer-or groan, if they made first blood bets on Fuzghurk.

Fuzghurk stumbles, and flails with his hammer, knocking Molten Heart back. Even though it was a misaimed blow that bounced off the armor, and the rings power protected him from the worst, Molten Heart was tossed back into the cage on the far side of the arena and winded. Damn! He's never been hit by so powerful a force before.

Molten Heart seems to have come out on top the first round, as they begin to circle again...

Having seen his opponent in combat, Molten Heart realizes his opponent is reckless, and his blows have terrific force. It was only by the virtue of luck and the power of the Ring of Protection that kept him from sustaining much worse injury.

Vurghuz seems to contemplate throwing his hammer at you and resorting to his fists, but his gaze wanders to his father, and his resolve to keep it comes out on top. Perhaps the weapon is ceremonial, and he doesn't want to toss it away unless at need. It's clear is he resorts to his fists, he won't do as much heavy damage, but his speed and defensive abilities will greatly increase. Does Molten Heart want to try and taunt him either way?

Fuzghurk, -9 HP (19 HP remaining)

Molten Heart, -3 HP (15 HP remaining)
Ring of Protection *The ring feels a little warm to the touch*

Spoiler: Fuzghurk Skullcracker (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 22, 2011, 10:26:42 pm »

Is the hammer made entirely out of metal, or is the shaft of it made from wood? If it's made from wood, could I cut through it?

Goad him into charging into charging into the wall headfirst, then slice the tendons in his legs when he is stunned. Make sure to dodge to the right side.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 22, 2011, 11:26:30 pm »

Is the hammer made entirely out of metal, or is the shaft of it made from wood? If it's made from wood, could I cut through it?

I would assume it would be the latter.

On that account, I have not made rules for sundering weapons yet...I don't see why you couldn't!  ???

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 23, 2011, 12:29:06 am »

Well, disable the legs first, then I'll handle the weapon. It's important to disable his speed before I disarm him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 25, 2011, 09:06:14 am »

*poke*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 25, 2011, 09:29:45 am »

*explode*

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 25, 2011, 09:55:00 am »

:o

More seriously though, I think the rest of us are waiting on this combat to finish before we do anything. ^^; Krath and Irony are tied up, adwarf's waiting for my signal, and I'm waiting for Zako to either kick the ogre's ass or lose. :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 25, 2011, 10:00:40 am »

I'll just wrap up the combat today. My bi-monthly GM Depression is clearing, up finally. It always hits about this time of month...

Case in point,

OOC: GM depression hits hard. :(

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 25, 2011, 10:05:33 am »

Ah, OK. In a few hours, once I'm fully awake myself (just finished my first cup of coffee) I'm going to sort through Cv and see if everybody posted, then run the turn if they have or poke everyone who hasn't.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 25, 2011, 10:54:13 am »

Good on you guys, these are great quality RTD's, it would be a shame to let them die so soon.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 110