Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85470 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 44, Bitter Cold
« Reply #1125 on: July 19, 2011, 10:48:13 am »

HEY! don't forget the statue ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 19, 2011, 10:59:04 am »

Blade Singer sits up, coughing up droplets of blood. His head was killing him, and he couldn't see straight very well. Much different from the pleasant fields he was just dreaming of. "Not exactly what I was expecting to wake up to..." Grabbing the Spidersilk Vest to hold against his wounds, he ran as fast as he could after Sheltering Leaves.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:02:11 am by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 19, 2011, 11:00:46 am »

@Talarion: Yeah, I already know Leaf's days are numbered. You don't have to remind me. >:[ Those shadows are still following as far as I know, Dwarmin hasn't mentioned them since he's clearly hoping I'll forget about them and do something stupid like have Leaves go somewhere dark on his own. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 19, 2011, 02:28:35 pm »

Telegram!

To: Sheltering Leaves.
Re: Eating you in the Dark

We promise not to to do it until you go to sleep. :3

Oh dear.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 19, 2011, 02:37:37 pm »

To: The Grues
Re: Re: Eating you in the Dark

I don't want you 'doing it' anywhere NEAR me, whether I'm asleep, awake, hallucinating, whatever.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 19, 2011, 05:02:47 pm »

We sure we want to leave whatever she's summoning on its own down here?

Also, if since we are running I'd like help carrying at least one of the incapacitated spiders with us. :3

Drag as many of the unconscious shieldbearers as I/we can manage, plus their equipment, over the bridge. Also stash two green iron daggers on belt.

EDIT: And I totally forgot about this:

Any images I could give you would make your eyes rot within your still living skull. >.>
Oh dear, I know where this is going. Fortunately, I happened to be aware of at least one close approximation (though "lean, hornless minotaur" probably would have worked too). In the process of looking for it, I managed to find a stranger, but in some ways more fitting image:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Though I guess this doesn't directly answer Dwarmin's question of leg count.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:00:44 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 19, 2011, 10:09:45 pm »

"Leave the spiderelves to freeze. We have no use in keeping them alive. Just hurry!"

Grab a dagger, 2 full quivers of crossbow bolts and another 2 quivers of arrows and a shortbow and if possible, a spider hide.

"I will give you a list of things I would like out of our past companions things to have. It's best to put them to good use after all."

Out of war winds stuff, I would like to have the following if possible when we get across the bridge:

A spidersilk vest
The unloaded crossbow
The enchanted leather armour
That chunk of white iron
The prayer book
The roll of Yaz skin

And unless someone objects I'll also take the shield and sword (though I think that irony should have those in place of his chains.)

Quite a lot of stuff I know, but I reckon that most of it will be put to good use on my character. I'm going to give that bow and arrows to someone else when we cross, since we could use some ranged attackers on our side. I'll be using the crossbow. That white iron and prayer book can make a sweet weapon if the ogres have a forge that I can use. The yaz skin I don't really care about. Irony probably needs that lampsur potion more than any of us as well.

Also, didn't leaves take that vest from war winds stuff? I'm not sure, but if so, leaves can keep it. Also, I can't wait until I can start forging, enchantments ho!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 19, 2011, 10:23:23 pm »

What do you have in mind for the prayer book? Just curious since I don't think it would be kosher to destroy it. Anyway, I have a silk vest of my own, but if I have a second one from War Wind you can have it; I don't have a problem with that list of stuff otherwise.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 19, 2011, 10:24:40 pm »

I call dibs on that Yaz skin when I get back in!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 20, 2011, 03:01:58 am »

I can use the prayer book to enhance weapon creation. Especially with that white iron chunk. I figure that we may be fighting some undead soon enough, so making an awesome anti-undead weapon or two would be excellent when that time comes. (Undead blasting spiked gauntlets sound good to you?)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 20, 2011, 04:37:48 am »

Aight then, I'll give 'em to you once we're well clear of the danger. ^^

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 45, Loot and Scoot
« Reply #1136 on: July 20, 2011, 06:30:28 am »

Turn 45

The Kai are well trained in making use of what they find on the battlefield. Sheltering Leaves takes a green iron dagger, pulling it from the clutches of the dead Spider-Elf scout who had jammed it into his eye.
(+1 Green Iron Dagger, +1 damage)

Blade Singer picks up the the Witches spider-silk vest and presses to the wound on his head. Despite being momentarily dizzied by the strange scent of her perfume, he follows Sheltering Leaves lead over the bridge
(+1 Spidersilk vest, +4 HP)

Molten Heart stops to gather at least 4 quivers of bolts and arrows, and plucks a springy shortbow from the same Scout. The thought of skinning the Spiders Hide occurs to him, but he doesn't have enough time for that. He takes off running after Sheltering Leaves.
(+2 Quivers of 15xSpider-Elf Crossbow Quarrels)
(+2 Quivers of 15xSpider-Elf Arrows)
(+1 Fungiwood Spider-Elf Shortbow, +2 damage)

Pressing Tide realizes no one else will help him carry prisoners across-and there's only one left anyway. He grabs two daggers and two ringmails and two hatchets, stuffs them in his backpack, and begins dragging the knocked out Spider-Elf across the bridge.
(+2 Green Iron Daggers, +1 damage)
(+2 Green Iron Ringmails, +2 defense)
(+2 Green Iron Hatchets, +3 damage, -2 defense)

By the time he reaches the other end of the bridge, and turns around, the ground and water is starting to freeze solid from the radius of the tear. No going back there now.

Pressing Tide slaps Amalar'anet awake, ordering him to run with them or be left behind. He ensures him any attempt at treachery will be met with death or insanity. The Spider-Elf nods fearfully and follows behind him like a scolded Dog.

Without having to drag a prisoner, the team sets a steady pace, putting as much distance between them and the diasaster waiting to happen as possible. Not far enough...

There is a sharp intake of air, and all present find themselves being sucked back in by icy cold hurricane force winds, then blasted out again-a massive icy explosion sends a mushroom shaped cloud of frost spreading out over the Jungle. Everything becomes a tumble of wind, brown, green and red, settling in comfortable blackness as all the Kai are pitched forward.

Sheltering Leaves is the first to awaken. His vision clears, and then he regains his senses. Why is someone poking him? Is Merame playing a trick on him? He looks up and sees an Ogre, poking him to wake him up and talking to his friends in his own language. He struggles a bit, and he realizes he's been bound with some sort of elastic fiber rope, and slung over an Ogres shoulder. The Other Kai, Thogga, and even the Spider-Elf are being bound and carried as well. He can see the Ogres village up ahead. Merame is not among you-Sheltering Leaves can feel her presence, conscious and alive, not too far from where they are now. She's apparently following you at a safe distance, which is what you trained her to do in such a situation.

Obviously, all the Kais weapons and equipment is all being held in a small cart in the rear, unlooted so far, but they still wear their armor.

The Ogre looks at Sheltering Leaves and belches something in it's own language...Darain, being held in an Ogres Armpit, coughs to gain everyones attention and translates.

"Ser Kai's, the Ogres claim that they have detained you for safety reasons. A few of them are the hunters, and remember you from before and are trying to unsuccessfully argue for your release, and some of them-apparently the cousins of the War Thane the Stone-Dwarf killed earlier, are arguing they should boil and eat you. I've decided not to press the issue until you were prepared."

The Other Kai wake up in various states, but none of them panic, not yet. Thogga snores blissfully. Who will speak up first?

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:05:48 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 20, 2011, 06:45:50 am »

The first thing Leaves was concerned about was the well-bring of Merame. Did she escape? Knowing her, she would have tried to wake him up when the ogres first came around, and then ran and followed when she couldn't do that. He went ahead and imitated the chittering noise she made when she was worried, to let her know if she was around he was awake now and still alive; it was also their signal for her, whatever she was doing, to stay hidden until he asked. He didn't want her running out just yet and exposing herself. When the ogres were distracted, maybe she could come out and cut his bonds, and then free everyone else as well; of the party, he was the only one trained to fight unarmed, and if someone had to fight off the ogres while she freed everyone it would be up to him.

As for diplomacy, he looked at Darain. "That's ogres for you. We were attacked by the Thane first; killing him was self defense. We also prevented an attack by spider-elves on their village." He glanced at Pressing Tides, then Blade Singer, then Molten Heart. One of them had to be better at diplomacy than him; he was a protector, not a leader.

Edit for kweshun: How are we bound, exactly?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:06:38 am by SeriousConcentrate »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 20, 2011, 07:29:52 am »

Pressing Tide smiled at the ogres, attempting to defuse the situation.

"Darain, please remind them that we removed the beast from under the bridge and broke the spider-elves attempting to exact tribute from this very village."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 20, 2011, 09:01:52 am »

"Well, not what I was expecting to wake up to. Again. You can also remind them we have the...I don't remember what it's called. The tribute?"
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 110