Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85443 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 42, Oath Breakers
« Reply #1080 on: July 16, 2011, 10:39:19 pm »

Say... how far is everyone from everyone else?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 16, 2011, 10:50:12 pm »

War Wind is hiding out in the tree line, so he can join you guys fairly quick, or directly attack the Witch. Sheltering Leaves is currently separated from you by all the Spider-Elves, half ways across the bridge.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:55:50 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 17, 2011, 02:03:40 am »

I meant the spider elf clusters, and their distance to us. Am I within mind blast range of the cryomancer cluster, for instance?

And, how good are the shieldspiders at holding the line against us? Could one of us slip past, possibly with a roll of some sort?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 17, 2011, 07:06:14 am »

Well, if we cut that reaver down in one blow, then hopefully you should be able to pass the other spiders, provided that they are distracted of course. But dwarmin said that your mindblast had a range of 30 feet, so you should be in range of the caster. They were travelling in a bunch after all, so she should be in range, unless they decide to move onto the bridge or run away.

Also, what side of the collapse is she on? The caster that is. Is she closer to us, or closer to leaves? Is she also behind the gap, so it separates her from the bridge, or is she trapped on the bridge side with leaves?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 17, 2011, 07:43:59 am »

I meant the spider elf clusters, and their distance to us. Am I within mind blast range of the cryomancer cluster, for instance?

And, how good are the shieldspiders at holding the line against us? Could one of us slip past, possibly with a roll of some sort?

Yeah, I assumed you could mindblast to the center group. Assuming you cut down one of the four spiders blocking the way, you could get through the line with a agility roll, risking being attacked-the more spiders you knock down, the easier the roll would be.

Well, if we cut that reaver down in one blow, then hopefully you should be able to pass the other spiders, provided that they are distracted of course. But dwarmin said that your mindblast had a range of 30 feet, so you should be in range of the caster. They were travelling in a bunch after all, so she should be in range, unless they decide to move onto the bridge or run away.

Also, what side of the collapse is she on? The caster that is. Is she closer to us, or closer to leaves? Is she also behind the gap, so it separates her from the bridge, or is she trapped on the bridge side with leaves?

She's closer to you. The Witch and her group stopped just short of the bridge-you guys triggered the collapse so it caught the end of the column of soldiers, and the front of column followed Sheltering Leaves, so she's in between the collapse and the bridge.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 17, 2011, 09:27:29 pm »

Perfect. She's boxed in. Now all we have to do is get to her!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 43, War Wind's Glorious Charge
« Reply #1086 on: July 18, 2011, 12:12:59 pm »

Turn 43

Spoiler: combat (click to show/hide)

They say battles that last five minutes spawn legends that last a thousand years. Though the Kai may have been unaware, there were at least a dozen assorted swamp dwellers drawn by omen or chance to witness what happened they day from afar. The exciting tale would pass from their lips to others of their clans and families that night huddled around campfires, and from them it would reach the ears of traders and bards, who would idly recount their version of it to others as they travelled.

Such is how their legends began...and for one of them, ended.

Round 1

"The man with twin swords fought like a Demon..."

The joy of battle is upon him, and Blade Singer charges the Reaver Elk'tel. His twin blades flash four times-left right, right left-and the Spider-Elf who dared stand against him falls into fourteen separate bloody pieces.

"The strange eyed one...he slew them with no weapon. He did not even touch them. They killed themselves for him."

Pressing Tide Mind Blast crumples the willpower of the two shield bearers easily-one he merely knocks out, the other he drive insane. Nadalyavas shrieked in horror and began beating his own face with his hammer.

"He was like a strong stone that parts the river..."

Molten Heart bent his knees, then leapt high and came down, nearly severing Izzquanltyrrs shield arm in one bold sweep, and pushing him back toward the center. 

Izzquanltyrr, -7 HP
Amalar'anet Knocked out
Shield Bearer Nadalyavas slain
 Reaver Elk'tel  slain

----------------------
"The One stood against many, but he showed no fear."

Meanwhile on the other end of the Bridge, the Spider-Elf Reavers finally reached Sheltering Elves, frothing at the mouth. They were long tested war brothers, and struck as one mind. He desperately parried their simultaneous assualt, glad of the Rings power to help him to turn aside their ravening blades. He began to realize how they worked in concert-Erthrar'olin used his speed to unbalance his enemy, while a strong G'eldaonar dealt the more punishing blows. 

Knowing that time was of the essence, Sheltering Leaves chose to let a particularly forceful blow from Erthrar'olin to pierce his defenses and strike him on the shoulder, drawing blood, though the ring lessened the damage. The Elf rolled with the blow, and fell back as if more wounded then he was...when G'eldaonar stepped forward, Sheltering Leaves thurst the blade staff forward and separated his head from his shoulders. The two shield bearers moved to flank, and swung their hammers clumsily-Sheltering Leaves parried one, and the other was too weak to even pierce his rings defensive field...the great tentacle swept them both into the river before they could even try again.

Sheltering Leaves stood alone against Erthrar'olin, the sole remaining Reaver. "You killed my brother! I shall avenge him!" And the Ring was glowing fairly bright now...

The River monster chuckled, pausing to bite the head off of his latest catch. He prepared to snatch the last two Elves off the bridge. He was sure Sheltering Leaves was one of the, but he didn't really care. They all tasted the same to him.

Sheltering Leaves -5 HP
 *the ring feels very warm to the touch.*

Shield Bearer Tel'Eethindia eaten
Shield Bearer Tathafeinril eaten
Reaver G'eldaonar slain
----------------------
"The Lizard-Man, his charge was bold. He was almost unstoppable...almost..."

War Wind had a plan...he took the time to take a quarter of his healing potion before charging into the fight, and patiently waited for it to take effect, then drank down the bubbly potion, before charging out of his hiding place, completely bare of armor, weapon or clothes. He was truly invisible, for a few seconds, but Thoggas potion quickly lost power, and he became visible...all too soon. Thogga shook his head sadly.

Wr Wind was spotted by the Spider-Elves right away. There was there no where to hide in all this mud! Arrows and slingstones rained upon him as he slogged forward sluggishly. He kept going, slogging forward slowly as stones, arrows and thrown axes begin scoring hits on him. Blood gushed from his wounds as they tore the unarmored scales from his body, and yet he did not stop. He had almost reached the bridge reached the bridge when he saw Elve'raema raise her staff. She smirked, winked, and a blast of frost erupted from the staff and enveloped him...War Wind took it head on, and was instantly turned into a frozen statue, his final look perhaps that of calm. His last thoughts before his soul fled his body were about how foolish his charge was-unarmored and without a weapon-however brave it might have seemed at the time.

*War Winds body has been frozen solid by the Cryomancer-Witches Magic. Sadly, his life and his quest have come to end, here, in the primordial Fungal Swamps below Esteros.*

War Wind +4 HP, -10 HP Dead, dead, dead...

------------------------
The Cryomancer-Witch turned away from War Wind, but the smirk died on her face. She quailed to see her forces brought down do quickly. She orders her archers and slingers to fire point blank at the three Kai. Most of the shots miss or are deflected, but a lucky sling stone to the forehead strikes Blade Singer in the forehead, and he falls to the ground, dazed.

(Blade singer, -5 HP)

She cheered, and aimed another blast of frigid wind at Pressing Tide, who stood an easy target so close. The water from the Swamp coalseced into a ball of ice, and shot toward Pressing Tide, who did not even try to dodge, as if knew what was going to happen...

Molten Heart's Enchanted blade glowed eagerly-it had been made to counter this sort of elemental magic, and almost of its own accord, the sword rose to meet the sphere, deflecting it into the ground a few feet away, where it froze the swamp water solid and peppered all the fighters in a shower of ice crystals and snow.

The Witch seemed shocked, for once. "No! He wields an Elemental Bane!"
Almost immediately, she ordered her remaining scouts save one to take the place of her other fallen warriors-they didn't seem very happy about it, pulling out their small blades and marching forward slowly and fearfully.

Elve'raema knows the battle is lost. She begins drawing a complicated hexagonal shape in the air with her staff.

*Attacking Enemies*

-Enemy Forces Left-
(OOC: Frontal attackers are on the bridge, attempting to engage Sheltering Leaves. Rear Attackers are defending against Molten Heart, Pressing Tide, and Blade singer. Those in the center are defending with the Witch, and can only use ranged attacks at about a 50% rate.)

Attacking Rear (4/4)--> Molten Heart, Pressing Tide, and Blade singer
6/13 HP Shield Bearer Izzquanltyrr
4/4 HP Scout Elaugnolu
4/4 HP Scout Gonet 
4/4 HP Scout Jss'Jaroyn 

Defending Center (2/2)
16/22 HP Spider-Elf Cryomancer-Witch Elve'raema
4/4 HP Scout Imar

Attacking Front 1/4 --> Sheltering Leaves
6/6 HP Reaver Erthrar'olin

25/25 HP River Beast Tentacle
25/25 HP River Beast Tentacle

Spoiler: River Beast Tentacle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC: You guys have bad luck with witch battles. >_>

In this case, I actually added in that part to make it more cinematic.

War Wind got critted by a ranged weapon as he slogged through the swamp, without armor...and I already said you couldn't sneak through the mud...darn.

Most of the tough enemies are done, and the Witch has one last surprise, and Blade Singer is pretty critical, he might consider staying down...Sheltering Leaves is going to beattacked by the tentacles if he stays on the bridge any longer, since it's only the two of them.

Edit: Forgot to mention-the Crymancers actual elemental attack was parried by Molten Heart. Even if he didn't order it, I took the liberty of him attemping to deflect the magic...it worked.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:29:57 pm by Dwarmin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 18, 2011, 12:23:14 pm »

Err, I said SNEAK...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 18, 2011, 12:23:33 pm »

Leaves took off the ring; he couldn't return it if it were broke. Next, he charged the remaining spider-elf in a desperate attempt to force him into the tentacles while he got off of the bridge himself; from there he would move to Blade Singer's side and protect him as best as he was able.

D: for Taricus's fate.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 18, 2011, 12:27:22 pm »

Stay down. Have a nice semi-unconscious daydream between Blade Singer and the Queen of Esteros. Mmmmmm. What was going on again?
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 18, 2011, 12:31:31 pm »

Err, I said SNEAK...

Post-Mortem
[For hiding spots, the mud is only deep enough to dig yourself into and stay still. If you tried to move through it, you would almost certainly be spotted

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 18, 2011, 12:33:08 pm »

Well, my intention wasn't to charge this turn. That was next turn's plan. Really this turn was manuvering then charging...

At the very least, would I be able to be thawed out?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 18, 2011, 12:34:36 pm »

Oh, crap. It just occurred to me I'm the only one of the original five who's not dead or imprisoned. *starts stopwatch*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 18, 2011, 12:36:08 pm »

Well, my intention wasn't to charge this turn. That was next turn's plan. Really this turn was manuvering then charging...

At the very least, would I be able to be thawed out?

At negative -1 health, nope. Maybe if you had been at zero even, I could of fudged it that way, but as it is, your frozen solid.

Also, since you died. I tried to make it as heroic as possible, under the circumstances, which explains the charging.

Oh, crap. It just occurred to me I'm the only one of the original five who's not dead or imprisoned. *starts stopwatch*

You will join with them again soon. You can read that either way. :3

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 18, 2011, 12:37:25 pm »

Eh, would've been funnier if I got frozen while walking...
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 110