Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85445 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 41.5 Das Marschieren Spinne!
« Reply #1065 on: July 15, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »

You know, I got a completely different picture of whats going to happen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 15, 2011, 06:10:10 pm »

Too small and weak to fire...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 15, 2011, 10:14:53 pm »

Yeah, I pictured that as well. No, you should stay out of this battle for now. Don't want to be eaten, now do you?

And I am thinking that one of us should go for the witch. She should be about to cross the bridge when we attack, so that will minimize the amount of guards around her by some part. The shock value of the collapse should distract a few soldiers and our chief mind raper can disrupt the witches mind with mind blasts to stop her from casting. That should help things out.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 15, 2011, 10:19:40 pm »

I'm not sure if mind blast can do that, though, or if it's just the str/agi loss.

Besides which, we're not actually sure what the witch can do on her own, other than scry. And as we've discussed, trying to take out her scrying is a bit self-defeating.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 15, 2011, 10:53:41 pm »

I'm not sure if mind blast can do that, though, or if it's just the str/agi loss.

Besides which, we're not actually sure what the witch can do on her own, other than scry. And as we've discussed, trying to take out her scrying is a bit self-defeating.

Rest assured, blasting someones mind tends to disrupt their concentration, even if they defend against it successfully.

Also, the river monster Sheltering Leaves talked to last gave you a good idea what to expect.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 15, 2011, 11:22:32 pm »

Oh right, freezing stuff. Hrm.

Yeah, I'll probably end up mind blasting the caster.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 42, Oath Breakers
« Reply #1071 on: July 16, 2011, 04:54:37 pm »

Turn 42

The Kai has decided, after a little deliberation, how to go about assaulting the Spider-Elves. Sheltering Leaves volunteered-he placed the heavier for lamellar armor on himself, and drank half of a Lampsur Potion. His wounds began to stitch themselves with supernatural speed.

Sheltering Leaves then placed the Ring of Defense on his hand, and felt the power flow from his hand, down through his feet-the ring tapped into potent Dwarven Earth Magic that drew power from the living stone below his feet, then returned it to him, coalescing into an energy field that encircled him in a bubble-the field momentarily shimmered in a variety of colors, and then vanished. Sheltering Leaves could tell it was still protecting him though, since everything in his sight past a foot or so was lightly tinted with a cold blue glow. The other Kai said they could see no visible difference from their point of view.

Merame led Thogga and War Wind away, despite the Orcs protests.

Pressing Tide, Molten Heart, and Blade Singer took cover under the bridge. They each took turns selectively weakening the supports, as Sheltering Leaves began to stride toward the massed horde of Spider-Elves. They spotted him almost immediately, and drew their wicked looking Longbows-but they did not yet fire, waiting for a command from their Leader.

As he walked into what could be his death, Sheltering Leaves felt no panic. Only a peace of mind. A certain pleasurable deatachment. He surveyed his enemies with a satisfied mind, and did not fear death, and his enemies did not dare meet his eyes.

He recalled a certain passage from the Kai Vow of Solaris.

"Darkness cannot be abided, nor can it be tolerated. When it obscures sight, it must be banished by the light"

And these were the words he said as he approached. Perhaps a little bit ironic-the vow was generally taken by Kai Spies and Assassins. It was meant to have double meaning-not only the banishing of darkness, but the moral authority to use the shadows themselves...in other words, to strike from ambush.

"Who among you calls yourself leader? Who among you leads this ragged band? You march in a free land with hostile intent. Turn back now if you would preserve your lives-A Kai Warrior bars your way."

They remained silent. Sheltering Leaves decided to change tactics-he remembered an old, seldom used Elven curse, which had traditionally sent criminals and thieves on their way. He was willing to bet the Spider-Elves, long exiled in antiquity, still remembered it.

"
Then begone, traitors and accursed. Killers of Kin. We name you Elf-Bane.
Make haste from our Home Trees, for the Forests shudder at your footsteps.
You are no longer our brothers or sisters. Your blood is anathema to us. We cut you out, as a tumor
May your Black Hearts speed you into the Darkness you chose to serve swiftly, and without delay
May you live long, but not in good health!
"

That got a reaction. The Spider-Elf soldiers gnashed their teeth and gripped the hafts of their weapons, enraged at the ancient, yet biting reminder of their crimes, but still they did not move.

Sheltering Leaves then heard a chilling female voice from behind the soldiers-cold as a loved ones death, bitter as a frost ruined harvest. The womans voice did not show herself, yet, content to hide behind her soldiers shields

"Oh? You bar my way? You call the ancient curse to us? You are brave...but bravery is nothing but a resort of the hopeless. No one can withstand our might-much less you, Sheltering Leaves. Yes! I see you there, in our armor, wielding a weapon of my Priestess hood. We know you stole them, and our Matriarch has put a significant bounty on your head-alive, or dead. I think it's time we claimed it-what do you say boys?"

The Spider-Elf soldiers finally mustered up their courage, cheered and began advancing.

"Bring me his head-we shall present it to the Matriarch and be richly rewarded!"

Sheltering Leaves did not leap into massed group of soldiers-to have done so would of been death-he merely laughed mockingly, and fled the opposite direction, causing the enemy to roar in anger and redouble their pursuit.

Sheltering Leaves -3 HP (Absorbed-The Ring of Defense feels a bit warmer)

He took off at a terrific pace, and most of arrows aimed at him only hit the place he had occupied a few moments earlier. He watched one particularly well placed arrow aimed at his back snap in two pieces, almost like it had hit an invisible wall, as the Ring of Defense absorbed it.

Up ahead was the bridge. He knew the other Kai Warriors would spring the trap as soon he had lead half the Spider-Elves across...they were gaining, though. Even his Kai Endurance could not sustain such a sprint forever.

As the force reached the bridge, the Spider-Elf Witch halted, and told her forces to stop, but they didn't listen, so intent they were upon their prey. At least half the soldiers continued.

He reached the center of the bridge, and lead most of the soldiers. Some of the particularly quick Spider-Elves had almost caught up to him...when a massive purple tentacle reached up and snatched two of them into the murky water! Sheltering Leaves Spun on his heels, shouting "NOW!"

The Hiding Kai severed the bridge supports completely on command. 

Nine Spider-Elves fell into the muck were dispatched with ease by the swords and Chains of the Kai warriors as they floundered helplessly.

There were still thirteen spider Elves left-four on the bridge, four facing the destroyed end of the road, and four forming a defensive circle around the matriarch.

It was at this point, Merame leaped from the shadows at the Spider-Elf Witch from cover, sinking the blade into her slender neck, then vanishing before she could retaliate.

"Noisome Beast! I shall wear your furry hide as a shawl...!

My name is Elve'raema, and In the name of the Spider-Elf Kingdom, you shall all die!"

-----------
Thogga pours another potion on War Wind. This time, he flashes like a torch, before exploding into a puff of rainbow glitter. A few seconds later, he appears 10 feet in the arrow and falls back down, back to his normal, reptilian body!

(War Wind has regained his normal form. Unless He's going to attack naked, it will take 3 combat rounds to put on his armor. He might want to consider drinking his potion.)

*Attacking Enemies*

-Enemy Forces Left-
(OOC: Frontal attackers are on the bridge, attempting to engage Sheltering Leaves. Rear Attackers are defending against Molten Heart, Pressing Tide, and Blade singer. Those in the center are defending with the Witch, and can only use ranged attacks at about a 50% rate.)

Attacking Rear (4/4)--> Molten Heart, Pressing Tide, and Blade singer
13/13 HP Shield Bearer Amalar'anet
13/13 HP Shield Bearer Izzquanltyrr
13/13 HP Shield Bearer Nadalyavas
6/6 HP Reaver Elk'tel

Defending Center (5/5)
22/16 HP Spider-Elf Cryomancer-Witch Elve'raema
4/4 HP Scout Elaugnolu
4/4 HP Scout Gonet 
4/4 HP Scout Jss'Jaroyn
4/4 HP Scout Imar

Attacking Front 4/4 --> Sheltering Leaves
13/13 HP Shield Bearer Tel'Eethindia 
6/6 HP Reaver Erthrar'olin
6/6 HP Reaver G'eldaonar   
13/13 HP Shield Bearer Tathafeinril

25/25 HP River Beast Tentacle
25/25 HP River Beast Tentacle

Spoiler: River Beast Tentacle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 07:00:38 pm by Dwarmin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 16, 2011, 04:57:53 pm »

Drink bubbly potion, then sneak armound to the spider-elves flank.

Full frontal assault anyone ;D

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 16, 2011, 05:00:03 pm »

Drink bubbly potion, then sneak armound to the spider-elves flank.

Full frontal assault anyone ;D

As much as I would enjoy writing your death Taricus-Look at your health. Your not in direct combat, so you have time to heal.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 16, 2011, 05:03:24 pm »

Take a sip of the lampsur potion first.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 16, 2011, 05:32:10 pm »

Slice down the Reaver on my way to get to Sheltering Leaves!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 16, 2011, 06:37:59 pm »

Pressing Tide smiled as he collapsed a shieldbearer with his mind. Amalar'anet, was it? He made sure to incapacitate rather than kill- he might be useful later. How he would convince a fanatical soldier to serve his enemies was an issue he would deal with when it came up.

"It would seem you are outmatched," he said to the rest, letting their companion's fate make his point, but unfurling his chains for greater effect. "It must be a great leader indeed, to be willingly cast aside for her brief respite." He calmly lashed out at the one called Nadalyavas. "Are you sure of this fate?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 16, 2011, 08:21:47 pm »

Leaves whirled the staff around his body to keep the enemies and tentacles away while he chose his target. After only a moment to decide, he struck at G'eldaonar!

...whew, I'm glad that worked. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 16, 2011, 08:34:04 pm »

Yeah, that was faaaar more successful than I thought it'd be.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 16, 2011, 10:33:52 pm »

Excellent work guys! That collapse worked extremely well! And just think of all the loot we will get from finishing this!

Cut down Shieldbearer Izzquanltyrr! None shall stand in our way!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 110