Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85472 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 41.5 Das Marschieren Spinne!
« Reply #1020 on: July 14, 2011, 09:16:33 am »

I already covered the prayer book in my edit and it's not really stealing since it was Darvi's anyway, not Taric's. :P I'll give it to someone else if we have a party member that can use it, but for now I'll hold on to it.

Leaves observed the incoming force. I wish I had some sort of ranged weaponry... maybe I could kill the witch before she got here and destroy their morale before the fight even began. "Merame, take War Wind and Thogga and go hide." She nodded and got War Wind back from Molten Heart, tucking him under an arm, and tugged at the hem of Thogga's robe until he followed her. Once they were out of sight he turned to the others. "I think we should meet them head on. While we distract the guards, Merame will sneak behind with her poisoned dagger and try to strike the witch. I'm sure that killing her will end the fight."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 14, 2011, 09:56:49 am »

Blade Singer scratches his chin, still observing the oncoming force. "Well, the bridge isn't very wide, but that Witch will be a definite problem. Are you sure your monkey can kill her fast enough? I don't fancy our chances in an extended battle. Still, should be fun."
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 14, 2011, 09:59:31 am »

"I hope she is. If not, maybe we can try forcing some of them into the water and have the creature help out. It told me earlier it wants to eat Elves," Sheltering Leaves said. "I'm sure it wouldn't mind if they were part spider."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 14, 2011, 10:03:47 am »

"Right. If we can take out the witch, it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe the big old chicken will even be back in time to help us mop up."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 14, 2011, 10:54:47 am »

was that "elves are tasty" thing an reference to elves of Amanereli ?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 14, 2011, 10:56:44 am »

was that "elves are tasty" thing an reference to elves of Amanereli ?

Oh yes. I just found that thread yesterday and read it all.  :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 14, 2011, 12:23:35 pm »

"Perhaps we should ambush them while they are half on the bridge? That way, the creature will be able to snatch a few and we would be closer to the witch, which will let us kill her faster."

Moltern Heart wipes the crap off his boot onto a nearby board and looks at war wind with a disinterested look.

"Also, that was very immature of you war chicken. I hope you feel proud of yourself for lowering your Standards to that level."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 14, 2011, 12:31:42 pm »

Leaves nodded. "It might attack them of its own accord as well while they're on the bridge," he said, supporting Molten Heart's plan.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 14, 2011, 12:53:05 pm »

OOC: If your going with the bridge ambush plan, you may want to warn the monster of whats coming so he can hide.
He's pretty easy to spot as is.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 14, 2011, 01:01:21 pm »

Gotcha.

Leaves moved back towards the monster. "Excuse me a second time. Some Spider-Elves are coming and we'd like to get rid of them. Would you assist us?" he asked politely. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement, after all.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 14, 2011, 02:15:34 pm »

Mini Turn

The Monster responds eagerly

"Spider-ELVES? I've had those before. Tricky to eat. Best comparison to one of you land dwellers...would be trying to eat a bar of chocolate with almonds in it-whatever those things are, I'm just the monster reading your mind-if you really, really hated Almonds and really, really loved Chocolate.

Problem is they know I like to hang out under this bridge. First time I got six of them, the next time they had someone who could cast magic with them-they tried to freeze the water and suffocate me, along with some of them who could shoot arrows made of ice, and I only just got away. I've been eager for revenge. You should know, Spider-Elves can't swim. Really funny.

I'll hide under the bridge and attack them as they go by. If they use the magic again, I won't be able to stick around long though-maybe just to get three or four...

Also, my tentacles only respond to smell and taste, and I keep my eye safe underwater, so I might try to grab accidentally. If I do so, feel free to chop at them-they regrow in an hour, if you remember."

Molten Heart surveys the battlefield, his rocky hands making harsh scraping noises as he strokes his crystal beard.

He notices the dock planks are high up enough from the mud that a man would have to lift himself up by his arms if he was trying to get to them from above-a bit misleading, since the mud sinks one down beyond what his height would be on normal land. The Spider Elves with their heavy, ungainly bodies likely can't move in the soup at all. A Kai might be able to jump it though, if he got a running start, or you could climb one of the support beams.

It's good to know your Kai cloaks can mimic a wide variety of different natural shades, mud included, to help you hide-it's not quite magic, but the weave of the cloth tends to reflect it's surroundings. They provide no defense against magic eyes that could perhaps detect you through some other way than sight, though. Pressing Tide mentions that the Green Scrying eyes move in a pattern that suggests they are paying more attention to possible attacks from directly under the bridge, or from the sky, rather than from the sides, in front, or behind, where they have more soldiers watching normally.

For hiding spots, the mud is only deep enough to dig yourself into and stay still. If you tried to move through it, you would almost certainly be spotted. If they don't see the Kai, it would be easier to rush them before they can react by hiding closer.

It seems most of the largest mushrooms nearest to the road have been cut down to deny ambushers cover, but the fungal jungle is thick beyond that. It might be dangerous to try rushing them directly that way-since you would be slogging in mud, and they would certainly have archers, but the Spider-Elves wouldn't find the Kai beforehand, if you choose to hide that way.

Across the river, the cover is better and the ground is a little bit more solid. The Kai wouldn't have to wait for the scrying eyes to pass before ambushing, but they would have to convince the monster to let you pass. Which he has no reason to, since then the Kai wouldn't have a reason to help him distract Spider-Elves to eat.

He estimates the bridge can hold at least three quarters of the Spider-Elf column in a line, meaning if they attack the rear guard, at least six would have reached the other end of the river and could possibly use ranged weaponry on you, if they have them-and if they even made it, being attacked by a monster beforehand.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:17:32 pm by Dwarmin »

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 14, 2011, 02:54:58 pm »

Blade Singer grunted and peered over the edge of the bridge into the soupy mess. His gaze turned towards the oncoming Spider-Elves and then back down to the bottom of the bridge. The supports in particular. He rubbed the small bit of stubble along the bottom of his chin.

"Theoretically...We can hide in the mud and cut the supports as they pass. They'll all fall into the mud, and it'll probably raise a big enough distraction for Leaves' monkey friend to get to the witch. The scrying eyes might pose a problem, though. Any of you have any input?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 14, 2011, 03:15:17 pm »

Leaves came back to the group, listened to Blade Singer, and reported what the monster had told him, leaving out only the analogy about eating spider-elves. It wasn't relevant. "That sounds like a good plan. Pressing Tide, this sounds like your specialty. Can you do anything about the scrying eyes?" he asked.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 14, 2011, 04:28:18 pm »

He rubbed the small bit of stubble along bottom of his chin

OOC: Molten Heart and the Kobold must have given Blade Singer beard envy.  :P

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 14, 2011, 09:40:18 pm »

Damn right I did, I have a CRYSTAL beard! That's goddamn awesome.

"Hiding under the bridge and cutting the supports seems like an excellent idea if we could somehow hide from the scrying eyes as well. The supports seem weak enough to be chopped through, so that's one problem solved at any rate."
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 110