Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85496 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 40, Fungal Jungle Pt. 5.5-GM smite!
« Reply #990 on: July 13, 2011, 08:41:58 pm »

I went back five pages, and damn it, Taricus. Really? All twelve knives for two potions of indeterminate use? *facepalm, headdesk, long-suffering sigh* Fine, whatever, amending my last post to not mention the knives.

Leaves shrugged. "It might, but really War Wind's smithing ability is too valuable to lose. We might need it soon."

@Ninja Irony: Yeah, I saw that just now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

OOC: Yeah, that was a bad deal. Who would agree to that?
Trade Rations for Diamond and Glass rings, knives for The really bubbly potion and the sweet smelling one.

Note, he said knives as in plural, and potions as in he only wanted two of each. Since he wasn't specific, Thogga took six knives for each one. Caveat Emptor indeed. :P

Also, I forgot to add the potions to his drop inventory. Doops.

@IronyOwl: I'd chalk that up to a spirits desperation rather than a threat-if you plan to use them, they want to be used often. Digging a little deeper will reveal why...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Turn 41

Blade Singer has a good laugh at the whole mess.

Sheltering Leaves hefts most of War Winds stuff, but he has to rearrange the weapons and armor to fit. It's pretty heavy, but he could drop it if he needed to.

War Wind is currently 100 yards away, twitching helplessly in his new bullfrog body, as a hungry Cave Crocodile waddles it way toward him, mouth agape. Due to Sheltering Leaves quick thinking, Merame is able to find him and sweep him out danger before he becomes snack food.

Merame returns from the swamp carrying War Wind, and Sheltering Leaves uses his Animal Empathy to make sure it's him-yep, surly as ever. This is War Wind. The other Kai are sure it will wear off eventually...but his mood probably won't improve.

The Kai realizes the sellers-and most of the patrons-have fled for their respective homes in the wake of Kirknaks Revenge, so they decide to get a move on toward the Ogre Village...they spent most of their consumables anyway, but they have two shiny, mostly unidentified rings, a few mushrooms and potions, along with Pressing Tide unlocking the power of the Eye Amulet...

They set off on the East 'road', toward the Ogre village! The road is actually more of a raised dock, constructed of fungi wood. It seem to be fairly well unkept-probably by the combined labor of all the races, each caring for their own section. Several times, the party walks past camps of various swamp dwellers huddled around campfires on mounds of raised earth, who look like bandits, but they don't bother you. It's likely the word of what happened to the Thane has already spread...Molten Heart notices Thogga has started to follow them.

"You not mind Thogga follow you? I can make potion to fix Frog Friend back to Normal Friend!"

He continues to tell you his life story as you walk-apparently, he used to be alot better at alchemy, but it all changed when he bought a ring from Kirknak. He shows you his hand, which has a pretty golden band affixed to his index finger. He explains the ring was meant to make him more intelligent, and it actually works. Too well. He has so many ideas, now he can't concentrate on any one thing, so all his work is shoddy-he starts on one potion and begins adding the ingredients to different ones before he's finished. The ring is also cursed and Thogga doesn't know how to remove it, short of cutting off his finger....Kirknak did say it had a 'natural Anti-theft device' that he didn't specify at that time...

After a little while, the Kai see up ahead the bridge that leads to the Ogres Villages.-judging by it's ramshackle construction, it was made by the Ogres...but if the Ogres trust themselves to walk over it, the Kai will probably be safe. The water is muddy and deep, but only moves sluggishly-an easy swim?The Bridge itself rides pretty low to the water, and is pockmarked with holes and gaps, randomly applied bolts, ropes and nails, along with splintered and rotten boards. There's a sign placed on the edge, that says in rough common-along with a few red letters added in a more steady hand-

NO SWIMMIN'g
OR YOU GET EaTEN

Of more concern is what's under it. Molten Heart points to some indistinct sort of creature hanging out just under the murky water in the shadow of the bridge. The Kai can make out it's roughly Octopoid, with a single large red eye, that is glaring at them balefully-apparently it spotted them as well. On instinct, Sheltering Leaves extends a tendril of Animal Kinship and finds it's a natural creature, at least, before pulling away.

Do the Kai retreat, ford the bridge, find another way across, drive the beast away, wait it out, or try to communicate with it? Or perhaps some combination of all those?

War Wind croaks sadly, because it's all he can do. Aww.

------------------------------------
Pressing Tide
-Double Banded Jade Snake Ring of 'Unleash Hell' is cooling down

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:59:44 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Perhaps you can placate it?" Pressing Tide asked Leaves.

In the meantime, he turned to Thogga. "Let me see if I can help," he said, drawing his cards. Perhaps they would reveal some insight as to the curse or how to break it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merame kept War Wind in her possession, making various noises and sounds that Leaves ignored since they all ran along the lines of "it's cute" and "can we keep him this way? He could be my pet!" He'd told her no like fifteen times already and was starting to develop a headache. I wonder if he has any bolts for this thing, Leaves thought, rummaging through his pack for ammo for the crossbow. He didn't want to shoot that creature yet but if it came down to a fight he would feel more comfortable taking shots from on the bank than wading in to battle it hand-to-hand.

Pressing Tide asked him if he could placate it while he was searching. "I'll give it my best," he responded, planning to try as soon as he finished looking through the stuff.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"You look a bit burdened down there friend. Mind if I help take some off the load off you?"

If leaves lets me, I shall relieve him of the following items: The prayer book, the white metal chunk, the armour and the crossbow.

Moltern Heart turns to the frog that is war wind, picks him up and holds him infront of his face.

"I was going to advise you to keep your mouth shut and think about what consequences might happen if you act rashly. However, it appears that this may be a good lesson for you. At least you are still somewhat reptillian in nature, be thankful that you weren't turned into a worm, or worse. I would use this time to think carefully about how you should treat other dwellers that live down here, lest they be not as merciful as a salesbold."

Moltern Heart places him back in leaves hands and then looks at the bridge.

"As to the current matter at hand, I think we should either cross the bridge, or find another way around it. Thogga, do you know of any other ways than this one?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Leaves shook his head to Heart's question. "It's all right. I don't mind holding them for him. We'll find a way to return him sooner or later. I believe Thogga mentioned a potion that could do so?" he said.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 30, Illumination
« Reply #996 on: July 13, 2011, 10:00:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OOC: Fun fact-Darvi buried the crossbows ammunition along with the sniper. Derp :V

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Pressing Tide deals six more cards, asking the Sisters of Fate for their aid. Thogga leans over his shoulder.

"Supposed to help? How...cards...

You tell him to be quiet so you can concentrate.

The First card you flip shows a pile of bones. They look like Orcish bones. Maybe the spirits can help?

The Second one revealed is weighing scale, on one plate a literal pound of flesh-on the other a spill of golden coins. The scales are balanced. This is almost certainly one way to solve the problem-find the person who originally cursed the ring, and either convince them to end it, or kill them. The Flesh on the scale isn't of a Greenskin race though, such as an Orc or Kobold. Which means Kirknak wasn't the one who cursed it, though he certainly knew about it.

The Third card flips over to show Thogga, carved into stone. That's not very good. It implies permanency unless something breaks the curse.

The Fourth card reveals a Golden Goblet, overflowing with light. It briefly blinds your vision, then fades. The Goblet implies wealth and power, meaning that either helping Thogga will richly reward you...or that the one who cursed Thogga is rich and powerful himself.

The Fifth card is actually a fairly obvious representation of Sheltering Leaves, being snatched into the water by a giant purple tentacle and dragged into an obscure monsters toothy maw. Hmm, what could that mean...

The final card shows a long ladder leaning against a wall. As you look on it, it falls silently and clatters to the floor. What does that have to with The Ring?

Sheltering Leaves couldn't find any bolts. Which was very odd. He took the Prayer Book and placed it with his own possessions. for obvious reasons.

As he went to speak to the River Monster, Pressing Tide warned him not to step too close to the shore. Sheltering Leaves shrugs and ignores him. He acts like he can tell the future! bah!

Sheltering Leaves extends his kinship...

(Charisma Roll 2-3=1, pass)

He quickly establishes a connection, without alarming the monster.. It speaks in a fairly polite accent, for a River Monster.

"Excuse me? Who is that? I'm trying to enjoy a meal here, if you mind."

Thogga speaks up to the rest of the group, behind him

"I can maybe have potion that work-beast potion, turn him back, if he think about being himself real hard. Thogga not charge, since you probably save my hide on trip.

Also, Thogga knows of no other bridges close by. Trolls in swamp maybe know the secret ways, but the more likely to eat you than talk. We could try to go up river and swim or wade across."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Leaves crouched as Merame scampered back to retrieve War Wind from Molten Heart, looking up at him expectantly and holding her hands out towards the frog. "I apologize; I mean no offense. My companions and I merely wish to cross the bridge," he said to the creature. "I only wanted to pay my respects before we did so." Hopefully, since the creature was already eating, it would let them pass without incident.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leaves crouched as Merame scampered back to retrieve War Wind from Molten Heart, looking up at him expectantly and holding her hands out towards the frog. "I apologize; I mean no offense. My companions and I merely wish to cross the bridge," he said to the creature. "I only wanted to pay my respects before we did so." Hopefully, since the creature was already eating, it would let them pass without incident.

The monster seems to focus his eye on Sheltering Leaves specifically.

'Without incident'? I heard that, you know! Didn't anyone ever tell you to be careful what you think?

And I'm not feeling charitable enough to let anyone pass until I'm finished. Ogre tastes pretty bad anyway, and I haven't eaten Elf in years...no offense, but your kind is delicious. Sweet and sour, with a delicious creamy center. Mmm...also, I'm a monster, right-that's what you call us-so I can't afford pass up meals. It might take me a few hours to choke down this Ogre-he's wearing spiky shoulder pads or something. Ouch.

Wait, got off on the wrong..er, foot there. I won't bother you on land-obviously, but if you try to get across the bridge, I'll do what comes naturally to me. Got it? Once I'm done, I'll go back to my 'lair'..pfft. Your free to wait until then. Or you can try and run across-like the Ogres-and I'll try to catch one of you, and you'll hack off a few of my tentacles (which will regrow in like an hour, dur) and maybe, just maybe I'll snatch one of you into the water and devour you. Sound like fun?'

The monster might respond to a threat, but it's clear he doesn't fear you, since he's in his element, after all. Waiting for him to finish the Ogre, something else might come along to take a bite out of you...also, shoulderpads...what Ogre in that hunting party was wearing shoulderpads?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:27:59 pm by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Leaf returned to the party. "This creature ate the chief of the party we ran into earlier," he reported. "If we wait for it to finish it will head back to its lair and we can cross safely. Frankly I would prefer to do that than try to cross. It's already told me it will attack us if we try, and I'm not really comfortable with the idea of being drug into the depths, drowned, and eaten."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Hm... Thogga, do you know anything about the spirits? My reading implied they might be able to help. Alternatively... let me see that for a moment..." Pressing Tide examined Thogga's ring closely, checking for any sort of seal or other hint of its origin.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ribbit"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Also, that potion would be nice. I think our friend's starting to get a little anxious," Leaves observed as Merame managed to get him back and cuddle him.

You can talk to me at least, Taric. :3 Poor War Wind. Leaves is the only person that understands him.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Thogga only know good spirits are with every Orc...ancestors and heroes. You usually need trusted Shaman to contact them-Spirits have to be careful, since many people want to control them for evil."

Pressing Tide thinks, if there's more soul trapping items like the necklace he's wearing, he doesn't really blame them.

You investigates the ring for words or phrases, but it looks entirely blank. There's no writing on it, that you can see. Your 'friend' from the ring rises back up to your consciousness, almost on cue.

"Hey...hey. I can help you with that...can you let me in again?"
--------------------------------------------------------------
Thogga nods to Sheltering Leaves, and pulls out a chunky orange potion-he removes the stopper, pours it over War Wind and that backs away carefully, like he's expecting an explosion.

"Think back to your original self...should be fine!

War Wind's Bullfrog body shudders, then expands...then explodes!

Into a puff of smoke.

At least he's not a Frog anymore! But now he's been turned into a white feathered chicken. He flaps his wings angrily. *bawk bawk*

"Thogga try! Get what you pay for..."

OOC: This is fun. :3

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

There was no describing Leaf's next series of expressions, except like this: O_O;, D:, -_______-, >:[. Merame, however, was like :D as she grinned widely. "Oooooh! A chicken! Now he's even cuter!" "Try it again," Leaf said, watching the monkey pick up the chicken and pet his head.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 110