Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85558 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 40, Fungal Jungle Pt. 5-Shop Smart...
« Reply #960 on: July 13, 2011, 04:49:03 am »

Close enough at that size :V

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 13, 2011, 05:00:11 am »

"The enchantress who once wore this necklace is dead. The matriarch yet lives," Pressing Tide thought at the voices. "Might I ask who you are, or were?"

They speak again-it seems as if the dignifed voice has some sort of control among them. Then, he hears yet a fifth voice-it sounds like a quiet woman.

We are the lost...The DAMNEDThe HungryThe Unseen helpers...can help you...LET ME OUT JUST LET ME OUT I CAN MAKE THEM SUFFERlossst sssoullsss......help him understand better...I was a motherA KILLER! WE"RE ALL KILLERS WOULD'NT YOU AGREE SIRthe huntresss.....we are many minds...sharing the same home. Most of us...victims...but some, chose this...we all serve the wielder of this necklace... .. .. Don't trust any of them. Especially not me.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 13, 2011, 05:04:27 am »

((Use the golem head, again...))
Brilliant!

"How can you serve me?" Pressing Tide inquired.

Trying to snap back to reality, he held the ring, inscription first, before Darain. "Darain, can you translate this?"

EDIT: I just realized I've got a mob of probably mostly elven mind slaves and I'm asking the golem. Hrm.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:06:30 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 13, 2011, 05:17:32 am »

(Luck Roll 10 VS 5 Fate Roll, Lucky!)

"Suprising the Noble-Tree Dweller could not decipher this...then again, I was a killer of Wild Elves, and not often of his kind. Though I did my fair share of both.

I believe the inscription says 'Unleash Hell'. Sounds sort of dangerous, doesn't it?

You dive your consciousness back into the amulet-not that ever really left, since they continued to chatter in the background. The voices strain, trying to allow the old one to speak without interruption

WeCANhelpyou...we can serve you. Call on our power. Call on our strength. We can give you knowledge...empathySTRENGTHsssspeedtry me. Let me out...and see for yourself...NO ME FIRST...careful now.

You get the mental image of someone politely knocking at the door-asking to be let in. Do you unlock the door to your mind?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 13, 2011, 05:24:18 am »

I don't like thiiiiiiiiiis.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 13, 2011, 05:32:46 am »

I don't like thiiiiiiiiiis.
You're just jealous of my limitless power. They all are. The voices told me so! :P

Also 9 Cha. About as unlikely to be mindraped from within as you can get. I think. Man I hope they don't use Int or something.

Pressing Tide unlocks the door and lets them (or just the older voice) in. He also absentmindedly puts on the ring. "I suppose, but probably not for the wielder," he says, somewhat distracted.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 13, 2011, 06:05:10 am »

You put the ring on, and it begins to heat up immediately.

Wild Elvish Jade Snake Ring of 'Unleash Hell' *The Ring is very hot*

You open the door, and feel a vast intelligence filling your mind-and your alien mind is already unimaginably vast. You find you know things...you know everything...things they wouldn't tell you...and you could know more. The voice of the dignified one lowers to a conspiratorial, enticing whisper. You deserve to know more. Just say the word. We can share so much with the world...together, our minds can be put to...good use. As a educated...being, you agree? Better the world, and we better ourselves....Don't let him in...

If the previous image was a man knocking at the door, now the image is of the man beginning to make himself at home. Rearranging small, innocuous objects to his own whim. Hanging his own pictures from the wall. Eating your food. Starting to tidy up a bit-throwing away some things, keeping others.

You feel you could still force him out at this point.

Pressing Tide has gained the following status effects:
Expanded Mind, +3 Intelligence
Acquired Vast Knowledge (Many Fields)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 13, 2011, 06:09:25 am »

I warned you about the mindrape!

I told you dog!

I TOLD YOU MAN!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 13, 2011, 06:34:33 am »

Bwahahahahaha! This is awesome. Unfortunately, it's also the point at which I say "No" or become a slavering conglomerate of damned souls.

Pressing Tide attempted to politely show the man the way out. "I do appreciate the offer, but I'm afraid I'm familiar with how such things go. Knowledge, as everything, has a price." He was willing to become more forceful if needed, but attempted to remain as courteous as possible, given the circumstances.

Before he did so, however, he did attempt to use his knowledge for one specific goal: finding out more about how the necklace, or similar arrangements might work, and the perils and long-term effects of sharing one's mind in such a manner. Using knowledge to discover its own perils was, he felt, a woefully underused (if still risky) strategy in such cases.

Also, if the ring is still getting hotter, take it off. Kind of a minor issue in comparison, though. :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 13, 2011, 07:28:18 am »

"Arrangements? Well...this necklace, is like..a. Hmm. The eyes are the windows to the soul, yes? The...our bodies are gone, but as long as the necklace remains intact, our souls can see through the windows...where we are, is not a good place. But we hold the hope...we can experience life again...for but a little while, through you. We lend you our knowledge-for we are many minds, and, all bent to the same goal.

The Angry one...will make you a better warrior. You can gain the knowledge of...many weapons. Give you bloodthirst, as well.

The Sad one, can enhance your powers of persuasion...even more than you already are.

The Slippery one can make you faster, more agile, more cunning.

I can make you more intelligent...give you knowledge.

You feel the voice gaining strength and clarity.

For perils? Knowledge and power, always at a price, as I would know. You are a wise being-Pressing Tide? Yes, that is your name. But not your real name, is it?

The others, you must be careful-they are young, and impulsive. Impatient. Apt to damage your property? Do you understand? I can help you learn to control them, you need but ask. You must also be careful to maintain who you are. There is calm and peace in the Gestalt, and it saps the will of it's user, makes them join us....makes them, vulnerable. Why do you think there are so many of us trapped here? The Witch was not the first person to wield this artifact.

Remember to let us out often. We are so hungry, for life...but, I feel you need me to leave? Very well. I must extract a small price for my services though. You have to pay us for helping you. I can't stress that enough. We need more pay for more work, of course.

You understand? Memory is like currency where I come from, but much more than that. We live in darkness, and memory is like fuel for light. Oh yes-let me leave with a little information on magic rings, no extra charge. Be careful-the ring he sold you is defective. We can use it if we're careful, but it might hurt Us.'

Then, you thank him, and make him unwelcome. The man lets himself out. Like he wanted you to know, he only left because you asked him to. As he leaves, you watch him take something precious from you, and place it in his pocket, and leaves a little something in its place, less valuable.

The vast intelligence that flooded your mind recedes, taking all that knowledge with him...along with something of yours. Too bad you can't remember exactly what that was.

Pressing Tide has lost the following status effects:
Expanded Mind, +3 Intelligence
Acquired Vast Knowledge (Many Fields)

Also, the ring feels like it's about explode, so you take it off.

You feel you know some...

Spoiler: -Magic Ring Knowledge- (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 13, 2011, 11:06:05 am »

Dude, that shit is powerful, but very dangerous. Be very careful with it...

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 13, 2011, 12:36:26 pm »

We are Pressing Tide of Borg. We are one, we are many, we are legion. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated into the amulet collective

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 13, 2011, 02:09:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OOC: Last call for trading, then moving on to the Ogre village today!
I guess Krath and Zako could pool their money to buy one ring, or trade a magic item they have, and SeriousConcentrate could sell his staff to Thogga for 3-4 potions. War Wind has been banned from buying or helping to buy rings, though. :)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 13, 2011, 02:13:33 pm »

Kill that bloody Kobold!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 13, 2011, 02:26:13 pm »

MetaAction: Put War Wind in the Masterlock for lulz. Don't let him go, even if he taps out, until we're well away from the merchant.

Unless I've read him wrong, Dwarmin likes kobolds, dude. You're just asking to get hurt. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 110