Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85529 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 40, Fungal Jungle Pt. 5-Shop Smart...
« Reply #900 on: July 12, 2011, 07:05:51 pm »

Man, all those rings look good, but probably have horrible, horrible downsides, so I want to get a karma read on them... but that's a lot of readings. >_>

So, uh, what's the limit to card readings in a between-turns shopping spree? >_>

In GM terms, lol no cheating.

In game terms, Kirknak is smart enough to hide his actually valuable rings with the worthless or cursed ones, so your visions would be very confused.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kirknak spits at the ground between War Winds feet.

"Kirknak no deal in weapons! These rings all power he needs!"

Thogga will trade you, though.

They good...I give two potions for whole set, only whole set. Of course, you take four random potions for whole set from back cart for half price...but no promises on those, they mostly failures...Thogga angry and sad now.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 12, 2011, 07:07:26 pm »

Meta-Action: Under no circumstances allow Taricus to get that diamond ring. Have Merame steal it if it becomes absolutely necessary; otherwise trade in order of offering: the coins, the antidote, and a ration for it. Hopefully I can get away with just the coins and the antidotes. If that's not enough offer a night in the kobold's bed too. Anything to keep it out of War Wind's possession.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:09:13 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 12, 2011, 07:09:35 pm »

I wonder about that hollow glass ring...

I want that twisted ruby one, but it's almost guaranteed to have downsides.

Karma cards on the rings. Yes, I know it won't work very well. :<

On that note, who's willing to give me their coins so I can buy a cursed ring?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 12, 2011, 07:09:50 pm »

Trade Rations for Diamond and Glass rings, knives for The really bubbly potion and the sweet smelling one.

Hey, that ring could be useful. Very useful in some circumstances >:3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 12, 2011, 07:32:27 pm »

I wonder about that hollow glass ring...

I want that twisted ruby one, but it's almost guaranteed to have downsides.

Karma cards on the rings. Yes, I know it won't work very well. :<

On that note, who's willing to give me their coins so I can buy a cursed ring?

You fan out your cards on a nearby table.

The First card is Power-real power, the Sun itself. A good sign. That means not all the rings are bad.

The Second is the Fool, hanging from his feet while being tormented by Imps. The Fool looks like you.

The Third card is blank. Completely. Not just the lack of color-it literally is a void in the table. You quickly turn it back around, like you were trained to.

The Fourth card is also the fool, but this one is standing on his feet. The Fool looks like War Wind, but the Imps are dancing with him.

The Fifth card shows an giant woman, wielding a horned scepter. Lashed to the Scepter is a Goblin, who you recognize as the Kais friend Mending Moon.

The final card in the center shows a basket full of food-hospitality? No...one looks closer, and the food is writhing with worms. Caveat Emptor?

Kirknak isn't letting off War Wind easy.
"Can only afford one-four rations, and all 25 coins for one ring you want. Which one you want?

Sheltering Leaves seems very interested in the offer of the Diamond ring, and quickly matches the price, to Kirknaks pleasure. In addition he offers the antidote.

Kirknak not dumb enough to buy random junk...but, er, will accept this though, for trust!

Kirknak is prepared to give the Diamond ring to Sheltering Leaves, unless War Wind offers more. The Prayer Book and seeing eye necklace, Kriknak seems greedy enough to accept. Sheltering Leaves remembers the book was Silent Foxes-your fallen brother.

Thogga agrees to the side deal, and takes War Winds knives and hands him the bubbly potion and the sweet smelling one.

War Wind gets +1 bubbly potion (unidentified), +1 sweet smelling potion (unidentified)
-12xCave Fish Bone Dual Throwing Knives
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 12, 2011, 07:37:38 pm »

Bargain him down to the necklace for the Diamond ring and two rations for the Glass one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 12, 2011, 07:38:37 pm »

You do know the rule of all RPG shopkeepers, right?  :D

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 12, 2011, 07:39:32 pm »

Wait, so the cost is four rations for the diamond ring? If that's the case Taricus is out of luck, he only has three. :3 And I'll change the offer to the flute, the antidote, and a ration if I have to. I still want to keep a ration or two on hand for Irony if he wants anything. ^^;

EDIT: Add the empty glass bottle to the list, so it's: Coins, Antidote, Empty Glass Bottle, Rations, Flute, with me trying to use as few of those as possible to seal the deal.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:42:29 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 12, 2011, 07:39:49 pm »

What, He dies and I get everything?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 12, 2011, 07:42:50 pm »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 12, 2011, 07:45:10 pm »

And get your name changed to THIEF, if I remember correctly.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 12, 2011, 07:45:46 pm »

War THIEF or THIEF Wind?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 12, 2011, 07:46:40 pm »

That'll only happen if I go to that shop again :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 12, 2011, 07:54:54 pm »

Wait, so the cost is four rations for the diamond ring? If that's the case Taricus is out of luck, he only has three. :3 And I'll change the offer to the flute, the antidote, and a ration if I have to. I still want to keep a ration or two on hand for Irony if he wants anything. ^^;

Going price is four rations and 25 coins, which he can't afford. War Wind can offer his necklace for the whole thing, though...

-----------------------------------
War Wind pulls out his seeing eye necklace and offers it up. Kirknak seems interested.

The Kobold runs his little clawed hand over his mustache, and mumbles a few arcane sounding words. There's no way to tell if its real magic words or not.

'You not try wearing this yet? *chuckle* I take!"

Then Sheltering Leaves offers the magic flute AND a ration, plus the antidote.

Kriknak preforms the same ritual. He seems a little scared when he's finished.

"But, Elf...Elf have better deal!"

He titters...

"But, Holy Book has power too. I smell it...very powerful. Sanctified in Saint Ashes, perhaps? Ahh, but not as powerful as ring!"

The only way War Wind can possibly buy the Diamond Ring is by offering the Holy Book as well, and all his rations and gold. Kriknak chitters in delight at the prospect. The other Kai look aghast-to sell a Holy Book of the Kai...it's a sin against your entire order.

Current Bids

Sheltering Leaves <Going once...>
-Draconic Flute
-1 Ration
-Antidote

War Wind
-Seeing Eye Necklace

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 12, 2011, 07:55:39 pm »

Please try not to get into a bidding war with each other. ::)
Also, you sure you wanna trade away that dragon flute? It looks neat. And you two could just pool your coins to get the one ring, since you're both in agreement that it's going to be purchased.

And DEFINITELY don't sell the eye necklace! D:

The First card is Power-real power, the Sun itself. A good sign. That means not all the rings are bad.
Cool.

The Second is the Fool, hanging from his feet while being tormented by Imps. The Fool looks like you.
Not surprising. :(

The Third card is blank. Completely. Not just the lack of color-it literally is a void in the table. You quickly turn it back around, like you were trained to.
Uh.

The Fourth card is also the fool, but this one is standing on his feet. The Fool looks like War Wind, but the Imps are dancing with him.
Now that's interesting. Maybe he's going after a good one and I'm going after one that's cursed/has horrible downsides?

The Fifth card shows an giant woman, wielding a horned scepter. Lashed to the Scepter is a Goblin, who you recognize as the Kais friend Mending Moon.
Ooooookay...

The final card in the center shows a basket full of food-hospitality? No...one looks closer, and the food is writhing with worms. Caveat Emptor?
Hopefully it's that and not "don't taste the shrooms."

Hm.

Inspect, try on (give kobold a "really, what are you trying to pull then?" look if he objects), and ask about further details on the following rings:

"How does the twisty ruby ring work? Any downsides?

The hollow glass one... what do you mean 'tells you what things are'? Why did it make your head hurt?

How does the diamond ring work? *Note: Do not try this one on*

What's this big spirit like? How hard is the puzzle? How much blood does he demand?

Did the elves say anything about this ring? It's quite pretty."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 110