Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85601 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 39, Fungal Jungle Pt. 4-Stomped
« Reply #870 on: July 12, 2011, 03:40:34 pm »

"I would like to inspect the closer village also, but have no objections to visiting the ogres first."

"As for the possessions... I feel the leather might be useful in the future. The boots look untrustworthy, but might be of value while they last. The axe is unlikely to be of use to us, but may make fitting Weregild."

Pressing Tide hoisted the massive axe over his shoulder if no one else would take it. He draped the loincloths over the end if nobody claimed those either.

"Darain, would you ask the ogres what type of leather this is?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: July 12, 2011, 04:05:26 pm »

"If 'Weregild' means payment, then I don't think they'll think the axe we took off his dead body would be acceptable. At worst, it might offend them."
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 12, 2011, 04:10:08 pm »

"If we don't claim it, I would presume anyone nearby could do so. It's true that it may offend them, but it may be seen as reconciliatory instead.

Darain, do you have any insight into this?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 40, Fungal Jungle Pt. 5-Shop Smart...
« Reply #873 on: July 12, 2011, 05:16:29 pm »

Turn 40

Darain hums, then chortles. He asks about the leather, and getting a response, answers Pressing Tide.

'He says the Leather is made from a rare sort of ambush predator that lives in the swamps we walk in at this moment, called a Pond Grabber. Apparently, they sleep in large groups, awaiting prey to pass close or fall into their lairs, at which point it is shredded with their beaks.

My memories tell me these creatures group in clusters of a dozen, and it would take around a dozen to make one ogre-sized loincloth. While it's defensive properties are not remarkable, the treated leather of a pond grabber is naturally easy to work with, slick, waterproof and resilent to rot, well suited for living in these sorts of conditions, and defending oneself from aquatic creatures. The Ogres say these are merely light hunting garments designed for mobility, and they have much better battle armor at the village.

(Luck roll 3 vs Fate roll 7, unlucky!)

And, I never was taught much of the Ogres culture-only their common lanugage, and how to kill them."

The Kai are approaching a long set of wooden planks and sticks raised above the muck like a dock, what amounts to roads down here. It stretches off in two directions. There are a few Ogres, Kobolds and Cave Trolls here, relaxing and enjoying bartering, drink and food. Apparently, this is a rest stop, neutral territory to all-a few of them have set up shops. The entire party rests for awhile, and pick up some useful information-apparently, the Shamans of the local clans have received worrying signs. The spirits of their ancestors are missing, or at least unable to contacted. They sound very worried-most blame the "Black Stone Prison"-a term for the Dungeon below the cemetary, and say the Shamans have all been feeling evil magic from there for a long time, though it has recently gotten worse. The races of the fungal marsh even sent a group of their own warriors, who managed to sneak past the tentacled horror-apparently they found something bad, and very few returned.

One of the only survivors, a blinded Kobold soldier missing an arm, sits in the corner of the bar alone, nursing a cup of brew. We keeps fearfully whispering the same words "The Gate will open...The Gate will open...the Gate will open..."

The Ogres hoot, stomp their feet and cover their faces-a ward against evil, they explain, Darain translating. They prepare to leave, and point down to the South, and say if you go that way, you'll find the Rat-Lizards. They are going East, across the bridge, to their village, and will welcome you if you visit. They warn you not trade everything away to the junk merchants-thats the exact word they use-before you come visit them, if you are.

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC: Turn will be up in an hour, assuming everyone wants to go to the Ogre Village. Final votes!
You can vote for a path to take, and still trade with the merchants before I run it.
Oh, and retconning everyone to have 25 crowns worth of gold. Not that you can use Gold down here very much. :3
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:22:25 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 12, 2011, 05:23:30 pm »

Decade-old crowns! Interest means I'm probably one rich dude.

I'm cool with going to the ogre village. Nothing much to buy, me thinks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 12, 2011, 05:25:01 pm »

Crowns stay the same value...

Orge village for me too.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 12, 2011, 05:27:01 pm »

Don't ruin my dreams!

On an unrelated note, once we get a spare moment to camp and such, War Wind vs Blade Singer in honorable combat to settle their differences once and for all.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 12, 2011, 05:28:31 pm »

Depends on the dream :3

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 12, 2011, 05:30:30 pm »

The dream of being ~filthy rich~ of course.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 12, 2011, 05:31:38 pm »

I'm sinking that one >:3

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 12, 2011, 05:36:01 pm »

Leaves looked around disinterestedly. "I don't see anything we can use. Perhaps we should move on to the ogre's village?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 12, 2011, 05:39:32 pm »

"It kind of smells too. I can't imagine the ogre village will smell any better though. That kobold does have a really cool mustache though."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 12, 2011, 05:43:33 pm »

Kirknak senses he's about to lose a business opportunity, and waves to Blade Singer

"Human want go faster as Elf? Kirknak has magic speeding rings for you!"

Then to War Wind..

"T-Rex-Man maybe suffer from afraidy-ness in battle? Always running away? Ogres tell Kirknak you not good fighter, and Kirknak want sell you a Courage ring for cheap! Kobold special-ality!"

Thogga yells for him to shut up.

Kolymarsh shrugs and blows a perfect ring of smoke. Wow.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 12, 2011, 05:44:52 pm »

Flip off Kobold, continue walking.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 12, 2011, 05:45:43 pm »

Aw man, I totally want to buy stuff from all of them. Curse these worthless coins, loincloths that are more raw materials than finished goods, and axe I need to enrage and/or placate the ogres with.

Oh man, this isn't fair.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 110