Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85587 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 26, Old things and dead things
« Reply #555 on: June 17, 2011, 03:16:27 pm »

Knew it from a mile away on the necklaces. Also looking forward to Leaves' encounter. :3

Knowing he's probably too weak to do it himself, Pressing Tide attempts to help Molten Heart get the necklace off of War Wind.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 17, 2011, 03:37:27 pm »

That necklace would be a good assassination weapon

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 17, 2011, 03:43:07 pm »

Yes, it would-assuming you could protect *yourself* from its effects.

As we've just seen, even being in the same room with it causes prolonged fixation beyond ones control.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 17, 2011, 03:45:48 pm »

As we've just seen, even being in the same room with it causes prolonged fixation beyond ones control.
Seal it in a magically imbued jar?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 17, 2011, 03:46:34 pm »

I think I'll add that to the list of shop items.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 17, 2011, 03:49:19 pm »

I think I'll add that to the list of shop items.
Was I just helpful by accident?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 27, Close Call
« Reply #561 on: June 17, 2011, 07:14:13 pm »

Turn 27
Riccto:Point the wand at the ground a good distance from him, not at any of the other wands, and attempt to activate it
Ironyowl:Knowing he's probably too weak to do it himself, Pressing Tide attempts to help Molten Heart get the necklace off of War Wind.
Zako:I'll have to read this later. Put it away for the moment and run back and help War Wind pry it off. Try to find a lever of some kind to help.
Taricus: GET IT OFF!
SeriousConcentrate:Leaves replaced the stone, ignored the note, and left the room
----------------------------------
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Trembling Peak
Trembling Peak carefully aims the wand at the center of the room, and holds his breath as he depresses the trigger. The instrument trembles for a moment, then releases a small gooey sphere from the tip, that quickly expands into a web shape that flies ten or twenty feet and then floats gently to the ground. He experimentally prods the goo once it's settled, and discovers it easily bonds to flesh, cloth and metal. It could surely be used to entangle an enemy, but the web itself is sort of slow, and someone who knew what it what it was could dodge it pretty easily. Trembling Peak remembers from his training that he should be careful about using magical devices too much, too fast-he's heard about wands exploding in their users hands...to hilarious and often fatal effect.

*Item identified*

+1 Mithril Wand of Sticky Webbing (Does 1d3 agility damage on hit, stuns on hit, agility roll to dodge/Easier to dodge web at long range, of if it's been used before on the same group) *The wand feels very warm the touch.*

Sheltering Leaves
Feeling completely creeped out, Sheltering Leaves pick up Merame, and ignoring her increasingly uneasy chattering, leaves the room, pausing the drop the rock into the position he was sure it was in before he accidently kicked it-at least, he thinks it is. More of the rocks are disturbed now, as if more than on person had went through here.

He hears the sound again-this time, he whirls around. Nothing. He was sure he heard the tapping again. Or was that...singing? It must be a trick of the mind-brought on by a combination of grief and exertion, he reasons.

Sheltering Leaves opens the door, and quickly steps through. He watches the doorway very carefully. Nothing. The door clangs shut, and he returns to the fountain room, waiting for his friends. He's safe, right?

There's another quick tapping behind him. Merame mentions shes still smelling "not people where they should be but are not". Sheltering Leaves hears more tapping, and more singing. It's a little louder now, so he can actually make out a few words of some sort of insane, rhymeless singsong.

Freedom...the shadows...seek...your eyes...our eyes...we are...you are...not the same...the shadows...our eyes...are...

Something rushes by his back, causing his cloak to billow up. He turns, and sees nothing.

Pressing Tide, Molten Heart and War Wind

Reacting fast, Molten Heart throws the book down and looks for some sort of lever he can use as a prybar-all he finds is a half rotten table leg that breaks in two upon his touch.

War Wind is struggling mightily with the killer necklace, even as it contricts tighter...and tighter. Black spots begins to enter his field of vision, as both Molten Heart and Pressing Tide each take an end and begin to pull. The necklace is stronger than steel, and slippery like an eel. It digs painfully into their palms as they tug. Knowing that their fellow Kai will surely die if they do not remove it, the two ignore the pain! With their help, War Wind is finally able to gain the proper leverage-with a mightly pull from all three warriors, the chain snaps with a popping noise is tossed onto the floor, and kicked underneath the table.

All the Kai take a moment to catch their breaths. It was a close thing, and even now, they can feel the insidious magic of the strangulation amulets beginning to play mind tricks on them once again...
--------------------------
-Exits and Entrances-

North West Door (Guest Quarters)
South West Door (Stone Ring)
North East Door (Wand Room)
South East Door (Cavern)

Staircase up (Leads to lobby level 1)
Staircase down (Unexplored)
-------------------------

Spoiler: Player Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC:

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 17, 2011, 07:16:19 pm »

Get out of that room!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 17, 2011, 09:32:39 pm »

Grab the journal and hurry out of the room. Try to stay away from the table as much as possible, don't even look at it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 17, 2011, 09:40:23 pm »

Hmm, I've thought about it for awhile and I'm really not sure what I should do. Leaves is either going to go blind/get his eyes ripped out in a turn or two if my guess is correct, or he's going to be killed by demons - either way it doesn't seem possible to stop it from happening unless I'm missing something obvious - and other than waiting for the rest of the Kais to get back to the main room I don't really have any actions to take; going on alone is also certainly going to get me killed.

Any ideas?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 17, 2011, 09:49:23 pm »

Think it out, what did the note say? Perhaps that can help you? Try figuring out what is haunting you in the first place. Actually, now that I think of it, that journal that I looked at should provide some answers, hopefully.

Other than that, yep your gonna die. It's a nasty situation you got yourself into, but hopefully you can break out of it with some smart thinking. Make sure to listen to your monkey, since she keeps saying some interesting things.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 17, 2011, 09:57:10 pm »

The note basically boils down to "the spirits/demons/thing I trapped here in the ring rots eyeballs and loves to hide from you" and not much else. Merame only confirms I'm screwed since she can smell what's chasing me, so I know that something IS planning on blinding me. Guess I'll try this, since I'm doomed anyway...

Leaves spun, throwing a backhand at the area behind him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 17, 2011, 10:13:47 pm »

GM intervention!

Maybe, it's all in your head?

lol mind screw

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 17, 2011, 10:17:54 pm »

...I'd buy that if Merame hadn't twice said she knew something was up. And even if it was in Leaf's head he's still screwed because what can I do about that? :-\ Also the Fate roll kind of implies that yeah, something was contained by that circle.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 17, 2011, 10:28:58 pm »

Extremely powerful thought manipulation maybe?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 110