Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85689 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 23 Lights Out
« Reply #495 on: June 14, 2011, 06:09:32 pm »

Unfortunately Riccto and I are natural enemies. Stop chopping down trees, you... you... DWARF! And with the loss of Darvi we no longer have a human on the team. >.>

"We're here to investigate Dusk Runner's final resting place," Leaf said, nodding to Peak. "We hope we can discover why there are no undead here, and if it has any bearing on the situation in Veyar."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 14, 2011, 06:10:48 pm »

"STOP IT WIT YER PUNCHIN YOU ELVEN PANSY. I'M TRYIN TA BREAK YOUR BONES LIKE A REAL DWARF."
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 14, 2011, 06:11:42 pm »

"Err, Gorgaz!"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 14, 2011, 06:13:34 pm »

"I loike the sounds your bones make Mr.Gaz."
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 14, 2011, 06:13:50 pm »

*slaps Riccto with glove, throws it on the ground*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 14, 2011, 06:14:29 pm »

The gorgaz punches leaves.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:16:41 pm by Taricus »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2011, 06:16:12 pm »

"Erry'un stop moving so fast! I need to break you!"
Raggle Fraggle

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 14, 2011, 06:18:53 pm »

Hurray for Agi-debuffers, eh? :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 14, 2011, 06:21:49 pm »

Pretty Much. All we need now is a small cannon with a dwarf sized bore.
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Turn 24

(Molten Heart Luck roll, 3)
(Pressing Tide Luck roll, 5)

The party sorts through the remnants of Spider-Elf loots, and cuts down yet a third Kai, an Earthen Dwarf named Molten Heart. Among the personal effects, Pressing Tide finds his Karma cards, and folded piece of paper with a very...odd symbol on it. He's quite careful not to touch the symbol himself.

Molten Heart finds his toolset intact, along with his iron-Mind Headband and bastard sword-the blade is long and heavy, and meant to be wielded with two hands. It glows with arcane runes, to what effect only he would know.

The party, now six strong, prepares to move on...when they hear a rush of wind behind them. Standing there, unharmed, is the Spider-Matriarch! She seemed to appear from thin air.

The shadow protects...and nurtures. It would not let me die so easily. Witness the full force of our legions, surface dwellers, and despair-for soon the land shall go dark, and we will take our revenge on those who betrayed their own.

She directs the last line toward Sheltering Leaves. He can recall that, long ago, a faction of Elven criminals was banished to the underworld. Perhaps, this is what became of them?

Behind her, the air shimmers, and where once was solid wall, portals to the underground realm open. A legion of heavily armed Spider-Elves waits patiently for the portals to stabilize, then rushes forward in a wave of horror. Against this, the Kai must flee or be slain...or worse. They gather into a combat circle around the door, as Pressing Tide tries to open it...

The ferocity of the attack threatens to overwhelm the Kai. Slowly, they are beaten back...Molten Heart bravely parries elemental shadow blasts, absorbing them if cannot deflect them from his allies, while War Wind stands up front, taking the brunt of the thrusting swords and spears. Mending Moon stands in the back, calmly firing arrows, while Sheltering Leaves and Trembling Peak guard the flanks. Soon, the realize something is wrong-Pressing Tide cannot open the door!

The reason? The Matriarch, standing confidently behind her hordes of minions. She chants steadily, keeping the mechanism of the door locked from afar. The Kai warriors resign themselves to a final stand...but Mending Moon has a better idea. Handing his healing supplies to Sheltering Leaves, he draws his dagger and sprints forward into the horde, dodging and rolling-even as their claws reach for him, he drives his dagger into the Spider-Witches chest, disrupting her spell!

The Kai do not waste the opportunity. They retreat through the door into the main chamber, and it closes with a satisfying clang, shutting the hated foe behind unbreakable doors. Only a Kai, or his descendant, could even open that door. For now, they are safe.

Mending Moon was trapped on the other side...he is gone...

*Mending Moon has been captured by the enemy. For now, at least, his quest has come to an end*

Trembling Peak, -3 HP
Molten Heart, -4 HP
Sheltering Leaves, -3 HP
War Wind, -3 HP

Spoiler: Loot Available (click to show/hide)

----------------------
Mending Moon spits in the face of the vile Matriarch. He is bound by dozens of warriors, and faces death with no fear.

But, almost as she has read his mind...

Death? Oh, the last thing I will do is kill you. No. You see the staff? Only Goblins-much like you. They freely took their lives after I was done with them. Such despair is a powerful weapon. In the end, you will die, yes-after years, no decades of torment-and eventually, by your own hand. And then...you will be mine.

Let us return to the Underworld, brothers...we are done here.

Mending Moon is steadfast, as he is dragged through the portals into utter darkness. As a heavy blow knocks him out from behind, the Kai warriors last thought is concern for his friends, not himself.

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: *tears up a little*
Don't worry, you guys will eventually get side quests to rescue the players who had to drop out. :)
In the meantime-the quest continues...point any mistakes!

I lowered the damage on those chains on purpose though :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:18:19 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

"What a noble Kai, Tha' Spiderelf's name shall be added ta the Book of Grudges." Peak shook his head slowly "But, we must continue our investigation.Yes?"
Raggle Fraggle

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Oh gods a warhammer dorf.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Where are we again? Or rather, what's around us? I seem to remember something about multiple doors and a hallway, but I'm lost otherwise.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grab a lanturn or candle and explore.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

Oh gods a warhammer dorf.

I thought the bright orange hair and the ritual tattoo's might of tipped people off. :P
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 110