Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85744 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 22.5 Rise up! Fall down...
« Reply #465 on: June 14, 2011, 12:01:20 pm »

Does farting count as sufficient air current? ;D

Er...um, lemme check my technical manual...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 14, 2011, 12:05:52 pm »

Probably only if you mean to nauseate the target.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 14, 2011, 12:08:17 pm »

Could kill them too :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 23 Lights Out
« Reply #468 on: June 14, 2011, 01:29:49 pm »

Actions
Sheltering Leaves: Attack Matriarchm, Order Merame to attack Hoplite with poison kris
Mending Moon: Shoot arrow at Matriarch
Silent Fox: Pray
War Wind: Disengage from hoplite, attack Matriarch

-------------------------
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Round 5

For a moment, the Gods and powers that be, Good and evil alike, freeze the battle where it is.

War Wind has ducked to the side of the Hoplites charge as Mending Moon's arrow flies toward its face-War Wind himself barrels toward the witch, his face fixed in concentration. Silent Fox lies prostrate against a wall-all too conscious of the horrible fate the Spider-Elf Matriarch intends for him. Sheltering Leaves approaches her from behind, as quickly as he can...will either of them will be fast enough to intercept her? And since time only runs in one direction-forward, they must now witness the outcome, unable to act. To the sighs of the light followers, and to the cruel laughter of their dark counterparts, time is restored to it's natural flow.

Mending Moons arrow impacts with the face of the Hoplite, who doesn't seem to feel pain anymore. He changes direction, and lopes toward the Goblin. In a moment, he is cornered-his bow clatter to the floor, and the healer draws his small healers dagger in self defense against the monstrous spider creature. A brave sight.

War Wind reaches the matriarch as her power reaches a crescendo. He leaps high into the air, hoping to plunge his sword into her black heart, but she idly raises a hand, and shadowy tentacles ensnare him to the ground. He struggles, and breaks free in a moment, but it's just too late.

As Sheltering Leaves leaps up to strike at her, a burst of power erupts from her staff, incinerating Silent Fox on the spot.

As his vision is consumed with void, Silent Fox hears the voice of Ishtar again. She keeps repeating the same words-doom, doom, doom...and for him, the world rolls away as if immaterial...maybe there's peace? Or something much worse...

All that remains of Silent Fox is his green cloak, bones, and a humble prayer Book, seemingly untouched.

*Silent Fox has been consumed in a blast of dark magic-sadly, his life and his quest have come to end, here in the ancient prison below the Keening Willow Cemetary*

Sheltering Leaves blow strikes true, a moment too late-perhaps too true. His kick connects with her neck, and the matriarch collapses into...nothing. As if she were naught but hollow wind. Any trace of her is gone. What magic is this? There is no time to wonder, nor to grieve, for the hoplite, sensing his final sister slain or worse, goes into a frothing rage! He fails to see Merame skillfuly swing from one of the spider webs above him and prick a poisoned dagger into the soft spot behind his ears. Sneaky monkey...

------------------
Mending Moon, -1 arrow

Silent Fox, coup-de-graced, instant death

Silent Fox has gained the following post-mortem achievement
Doomed: This warrior did not heed an omen from Ishtar...and was met his doom as she predicted he would.

Spider-Elf Hoplite -5 HP, Poisoned, unknown, taking 3 HP damage for 2 turns
Spider-Elf Matriarch -14 HP, slain...?
--------------
Round 6 and 7
The Hoplite, gone mad now that he's finally free, swings around blindly, not caring to really hit anyone. Mending Moon slides around stealthily, avoid his clumsy blows

Sheltering Leaves kicks out one of his legs from under him, his foot shattering a plate of armor, and War Wind steps up and decapitates him with the practiced swing of his sword. The head goes flying...and the battle is over. The onset of what has just happened sets in slowly.

The shock of losing a comrade has shaken the Kai, but they remain resolute. His death shall not be in vain-there are two, or maybe three Kai trapped in the webs above them. It's not an easy question-was the life of your friend worth three...strangers?

Spoiler: Loot Available (click to show/hide)

--------------
Spoiler: Spider Elf Coven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: >_>

Well, I didn't expect that AT ALL. Sheltering Leaves, for once, rolled lower on intiative then the Matriarch, and then War Wind missed on his attack...but...at least we have a large waiting list. Giving Frelock 24 hours to come back, otherwise I'll have to drop him from the chapter as well.

Your free to sign back up Darvi-I'm wrapping up this mission about the time the party beats the dungeon, then starting the next round with ten players.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 14, 2011, 01:32:18 pm »

Seeing Eye Necklace (A gruesome collection of eyes, gathered by the enchantress. It may have unknown powers.)
1xSpidersilk vest, +4 HP (this comfortable undergarment is worn under armor-a sure improvement to the rough padding your wearing now. There's two of them, one on each Spider-Elf
Lamellar armor, +3 defense (Small plates of a strange silvery metal, woven with spider wire, this armor is fairly light, but stronger that your Kai leather by some degrees.)
Round shield +1 defense (Made of the silvery metal, it depicts a spider web in the center-upon closer inspection, one can see humanoid figures trapped in the web)
Prayer Book, A book of prayers to the Gods Kai and Ishtar. (It's undamaged, but coated in the ashes of Silent Fox...)

I'll take these

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 14, 2011, 01:33:37 pm »

Arise as a vengeful ghost and kill the GM.

Painfully.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 14, 2011, 01:36:54 pm »

Taking both the shield and the armor? Come on... (I don't want the shield since it's incompatible with my fighting style.) Taking a spidersilk vest for myself though, will edit in an action here in a minute. You should take the shield and give Frelock the armor if he comes back in time since he's our only healer.

Sheltering Leaves knelt by the spot where Silent Fox had been. ...this is an ill omen. I should've moved faster. He traced fingers through the ashes below the bones, then across ground them into his fists so his brother's spirit would be in each strike dealt against the Darklords. There was nothing to be said. He would have to try harder to protect his companions in the future. For now, he took the vest of the Hoplite and put it on under his robes, recognizing it's value as a defensive material. Next he picked up the bladed staff and moved to cut apart the spiderwebs holding the bodies captive; maybe with any luck he could at least save someone's life today.

If anybody wants the staff I'll hand it over in a minute, otherwise I'll drop it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:48:51 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 14, 2011, 01:40:33 pm »

Hey, I'll give him the demon's bane leather if he wants. I'm going to work on both the shield and the lamellar though.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 14, 2011, 01:48:03 pm »

Taricus-someone with better int will have a better chance with that necklace, as well. Unless, it's like horribly cursed to punish greedy people! Also, you already have a shield...there's nothing keeping you from working on it when you get out of here.

On the other hand, Frelock is about to get kidnapped again if he doesn't get back from his vacation. So, uh, it might not matter.

Here's Silent Foxes finalized history, btw

Year 1022-He returns from his Elemental Meditations in the Dawning Mountains with a newfound sense of magical and spiritual strength. He is awarded the 5th rank-Kai intiate in the traditional ceremony, alongside four brothers, and given the name "Silent Fox" due to his cunning and resourceful nature. The celebrations are cut short as he is called into the Grandmasters chamber...he fought bravely, using his elemental magicka to great effect against Giaks, Gourgaz and Greycloaks, but was at last met with an enemy that was his equal-and then some. He fell in combat with a Spider-Elf Matriarch, unable to withstand her shadow magicka without the aid of light or elemental strength. His death would be sorely felt by the Kai order in the years to come-they had lost one who had the potential to become one of the greatest Kai magicians...and he was far too young, a tragedy that oft befalls those who would call themselves Kai Warriors.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 14, 2011, 01:49:21 pm »

8 Int here :I

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 14, 2011, 01:51:24 pm »

Yeah, if he doesn't make it back you can keep the armor without any complaints from me. Just saying we should protect him as much as possible. ^^; Actually, wait. Hey Dwarmin. Is it possible for War Wind to take the blades off of this staff and affix them to my gauntlets and boots? :3

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 14, 2011, 01:52:22 pm »

The day leaves has ice skates is the day those 'spawn are done for!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 14, 2011, 01:52:29 pm »

Yeah, if he doesn't make it back you can have the armor then. Just saying we should protect him as much as possible. ^^; Actually, wait. Hey Dwarmin. Is it possible for War Wind to take the blades off of this staff and affix them to my gauntlets and boots? :3

I'm operating on MacGyver crafting rules.  8)

Edit: To be more precise-theres not limits to what you craft...if your doing it intelligently.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 14, 2011, 01:53:29 pm »

You're carrying the stuff then SC.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 14, 2011, 02:08:43 pm »

All right then, guess I'll hold onto the staff until we can get to a crafting station. Maybe once you take the blades off you can use the pole for some other creation.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 110