Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85589 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Hmm, this talking about weapons has made me change my mind about my own starting weapon. Can you change mine to a bastard sword please dwarmin?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Well, no one else has chosen an animal part of their name except Darvi.
I don't think there's any animals that fit my intended character well. I mean, maybe anemone or anglerfish or something, but hawks and wolves just aren't going to cut it.

I knew if I was making a character it would have something to with water...like "Typhoon Hawk", "Falling Rain" or "Tide Hunter". Just start with a concept.
The concept I've got, both for the name and actual character. It's whether those concepts should translate to Pressing Tide or Deep Soul or what have you that's got me stumped.

I would *prefer* everyone choose something slightly original, if only so I could mix up the action during combat, but it's not mandatory by any means.
I guess if it's any consolation, I'd envisioned his glaive being rather... stylized. A sickle and chain might also work, I suppose.

Alright, but if the new character tries to womanize he'll get flambe'd
Now might be a good time to mention my character's going to be rather creepy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...What sort of creepy?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

More to the point, can s/he out-creepy Taricus?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

...What sort of creepy?
You'll see. :3

More to the point, can s/he out-creepy Taricus?
Hard to say. The dice are definitely with Taricus in his... quest.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

:3 So, give us a sneak peek at this character?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 8-Busted up
« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2011, 12:04:06 am »

Turn 10
Ninja update
Rolling intiative!

(7,7) War Wind: Try and lop off one of his legs
(7,10) Lone Wanderer: you call that berzerk? ILL SHOW YOU THE MEANING OF PAIN use the glaivie as an "handle" to hold on to while i try to kick him in the face/balls
(10) Sheltering Leaves: Drawing back his leg for a kick to the back of the head.
(Defensive stance, auto last) Silent Fox: Engage evasive manoeuvres!
(healing, auto last) Mending Moon: Move in and heal Lone Wanderer

-----------------------------
War Wind
(Agility roll, targeted shot:3, pass!)
(Str roll:3, pass!) (Damage:3-3+2+3=5, armor absorb 4, right leg)

Rebounding from your knockback, you leap back to the attack and score a solid blow on the creatures injured leg. You didn't do much damage, but you've slowed him down a bit more.

Gourgaz, -1 HP, -5 right leg armor.

Lone Wanderer
(Agility roll, easy targeted shot:2-1=1, pass!)
(Str roll:3, pass!) (Damage:5-3+1+3=6, Head)

Deciding to use the creatures own force against it, you use the ground as a springboard and launch a powerful kick into his eye! It makes a sickening popping sound as your leather Kai boot sinks through his red eye, all the way through to your thigh. The creature wobbles, but remains standing, as you messily withdraw your foot and unleash a torrent of blood. Deciding you've done enough, you finally let go and try to stagger back to Mending Moon...the Gourgaz growls and tries to seize you in it's claws!

Gourgaz -6 HP, +6 HP bleed a round, must resist death higher than a 1 on D6
Gourgaz resist death roll (4, pass)

Lone Wanderer is free, but his glaive is still stuck in the Gourgaz

Sheltering Leaves
(Agility flank roll:8-2=6, fail!)(Agility targeting roll:7, fail!)
(Str roll:2, pass!) (Damage:4-2+1+3=6, Head)

As the Gourgaz begins thrashing from the grievous eye wound Lone Wanderer has given him, you leap high into the air and bring a heavy kick down straight through his torso! You feel the force of your kick reverberate through his body, and he staggers, but remains standing...

Gourgaz, -2 HP, -6 torso armor, must resist death higher than a 2 on D6
Gourgaz resist death roll (4-1=3, pass)

(Merame distraction roll:1)
Merame tosses another rock, and this one digs deep into the Gourgaz's face...it ignores the pain and continues whomping toward oblivion.

Mending Moon
(Gourgaz attack of opportunity, Mending Moon)
(Gourgaz Str roll:4, hit!) (Damage 6-4+2-1=3) (Mending Moon agility Defense roll=7, fail)

You must save your friend! You see as Lone Wanderer wounds the creature mightily, then drops from his glaive in weariness. The Gourgaz reaches for him with one gore caked hand, but you interpose youself between them and stab the webbing between deadly claws with your small dagger! It responds by howling in pain, and slapping you in the face with the palm of it's hand-you go flying and end up flying a few feet away, hitting the ground, and sliding through the dirt...at least you distracted it from Lone Wanderer, you think...

Mending Moon -3 HP

Silent Fox
You drop into a defensive posture-despite the damage done to it, the beast continues on it's wayward path toward you...it's breathing is labored, and great gouts of it's green blood are dripping behind it in pools...

Gourgaz
(Gourgaz attacks Silent Fox)
(Str roll:1, hit, crit!, 1d4=3) (Damage 6+2+3-1=10)(Silent Fox agility Defense roll, 3-2=1, pass, 2x2-4 damage negated)

Silent Fox cannot believe the creature still continues! He prepares his staff for the onslaught, but the creature is unstoppable! It rushes him, knocking Silent Fox down, dropping it's chain, and seizing the Kai in a horrible two handed grip. He feels the pressure as it squeezes...tighter...tighter than a python's grasp...his breath is gone. His vision of the Gourgaz's mangled, hate congested face staring into his own begins to fall away, as if he's viewing the scene from the bottom of a mine shaft...

Silent Fox -6 HP
health below 50%

The Gourgaz is bleeding steadily from a large wound in his left arm-Lone Wanders glaive is embedded in it. The creaures torso has been scarred with glaive and earth magic buckshot, and impacted with a heavy kick from Sheltering Leaves, but seems to be moderately damaged. He's got an arrow embedded in upper right chest, but it's merely stuck harmlessly in the hide. He's going a bit slower on his left leg where Sheltering Leaves kick connected and War Winds sword struck him. His right arm is scratched, but mostly undamaged. His face is half gone from the rock attack, and it's also bleeding. One of his eyes is gone, and blood pours from the wound. Also, he's gone berzerk. Like, crazy mad! The blood gushing from it's wounds means it cant last much longer, surely, but he seems to have some life left in him...

Gourgaz bleeds for 12 hp, must resist death higher than a 3 on D6
Gourgaz resist death roll (4-3=1, fail)

Finally overcome with it's wounds, the creature throws Silent Fox roughly to the earth and stumbles around blindly. It makes a sad keening sound and drops to the ground on its knees, using the last of its strength to pathetically try and crawl to the safety of the hole it came from, streaking blood over the earth. At last, it stops breathing, and all is still. The Kai, beaten down but victorious, have triumphed!

*The Gourgaz has been defeated!*

Lone Wanderer, Silent Fox, Mending Moon, War Wind and Sheltering Leaves have gained the following achievement
Gourgaz Slayer: This warrior has taken down his first Gourgaz, physically strongest of the Darklords minions. There are many more where he came from.

Reward: Since Taricus is taking firebreathing, I'm letting everyone choose an additional race/class skill of their own choosing as well. It'll have to be balanced, of course-whatever you choose, I would prefer it NOT modify your stats negative or positive. I've got some good ideas-Mending Moon could take "Arrow Talk" to give him a once a day auto-crit on arrow hits, for example. We'll see what you come up with!

You'll get a turn of rest, then it's off to the next phase of the quest. ;)
--------

Sub-boss battle!

Spoiler: Gourgaz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: Round of win!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:07:38 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Better yet, I think he's done.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 10-First Death
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2011, 12:18:59 am »

Nice...sort of min-maxish, but I guess I'll have to deal with stuff like that as a GM. Good choice of race! I'll look forward to hearing your backstory about such a thing managed to become a Kai warrior.

Oh, and remember, there's all sorts of things immune to mind blast... :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2011, 12:23:53 am »

Sheltering Leaves released a deep breath and fell to his knees. That had been a really rough battle! He was surprised he had survived. Merame leaped down and joined him, perching herself on his thighs and looking up at him in concern. "It's all right, my friend. I just need a moment to rest," he said, patting her shoulder. "Sanera you idiot! What were you doing, fighting that thing!?" Merame asked, pinching his cheeks with both hands. "Ow. Stop that... and that's not my name," Leaf said. Merame planted her fists on her sides. "Yeah, yeah, you're Sheltering Leaves," she said dismissively.

She hopped down and circled around him. "You worried the life out of me, you and your buddies there. Were you TRYING to get killed?" "If I had to die I would have, to ensure the safety of the people of this land. You need to learn a little more about sacrifice and humility," Leaf sighed as he got to his feet. "I'm not a Kai, I don't have to be virtuous," Merame said defiantly. "True. And as a Kai it is my duty to protect others. Someday you'll understand why I do this, much as your mother came to understand." Sheltering Leaves walked away to greet War Wind.

Could I take Specialized Training, Intelligence? If not, then I'll take Healing and change the last bit of my turn to this:

"True. And as a Kai I have brothers to attend to." Leaf approached Silent Fox, seeing Mending Moon near Lone Wanderer. "How are your wounds?" he asked, checking over the human.

Unless you have an idea. I'd like to hear it because I don't really have anything special in mind. ^^;
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:25:31 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2011, 12:24:18 am »

If i ever see one of these again im gonna seriously consider showing something with sharp edges down its throat,
i havent been this beat up since master Cheetah hunter was displeased of my weapon use.

rest and go get my glaivie

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:39:02 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2011, 12:35:13 am »

You got it backwards. Your not taking extra disciplines, your taking bonus abilities, like...

Fire Breathing: Three times a day you can breath fire on your foe for 3d3+1 damage. You have to eat a full meal to use this ability, and cannot eat a sapient being to do so.

Or

Arrow Talk: Once a day, you can "speak" to your arrow-such an arrow, if it flies true will be an automatic critical hit.

Or

Flawless Dodge: Once per battle, you can test your agility to negate all damage done to you.

Did I make it clear enough?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2011, 12:44:06 am »

Hmm, so like a special attack? Then I'll take this on Darvi's recommendation. :3

Mystical Flash: Leaf gathers energy into his palm, then lunges forward and hits the target, releasing it as a bright flash in the colors of the rainbow. The release of spiritual energy is very powerful and can blow the enemy away. (Special attack that, if successful, adds Charisma to damage)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile

As Irony has finally posted a waitlist character, I shall do the same! Sadly I'm not nearly as creative with races as Irony is.

@Serious: Oh you. Now I miss Taz's Hamachi server, which turned from Touhou 12.3 to Terraria.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 31, 2011, 12:53:50 am »

The slayer: Lone wanderer swings his glaivie in circles to gain speed and momentum before chainging the path of the glaivie and hits the enemy wth an powerful overhead slash
however this attack is easier to dodge than an normal attack.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 110