Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85506 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 7-Standoff
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2011, 08:26:48 am »

Cold blood?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2011, 08:28:45 am »

Leaf grimaced as he landed. "That's right, monster. Stay focused on me." He went for the right leg again, trying to shatter its knee and keep it from running away. While he was doing that, a rock came out of nowhere and almost hit the Gourgaz in the head. "Heeey~ You big dumb monster!" "Merame! I thought I told you run!" Leaf growled, temporarily distracted himself. "What kind of friend would I be if I took off now?" the monkey asked, readying another rock to throw at the Gourgaz's head. Sheltering Leaves shook his head and focused himself on attacking the right leg.

EDIT: I figure I'd better clarify Merame's stuff, so she's atop the sides of the gorge and flinging rocks to distract the Gourgaz from the Kais. Here's hoping it works without getting her killed. ^^;
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:31:08 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2011, 08:55:19 am »

backstab.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2011, 09:02:13 am »

Find more arrows, then fire off at the eyes again.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2011, 10:12:39 am »

EDIT: I figure I'd better clarify Merame's stuff, so she's atop the sides of the gorge and flinging rocks to distract the Gourgaz from the Kais. Here's hoping it works without getting her killed. ^^;

In her favor, there's literally no monster that would bother to attack her if they can instead attack you. She's more likely to get hurt and/or captured on a failed scouting roll.

And missing...Darvi's action? Weird, since he posted three times. >_>

Any suggestions for the weakness?
No idea. I don't really want to modify the stats anymore than I already am...I could make it that you need to eat a full meal beforehand for fuel-seperate from what you eat to avod starvation-and leave it at a max of 3 uses a day. That sound good? It's not a glaring weakness, but it means you won't be able to breath fire more than once a battle, and you'll have to hunt alot if you want to use it without starving.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2011, 10:35:53 am »

Rock to the face!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2011, 10:45:24 am »

Sounds good Dwarmin :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 8-Busted up
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2011, 11:45:09 am »

Turn 8

Lone Wanderer: Backstab
Sheltering Leaves: Distraction, Sheltering Leaves shook his head and focused himself on attacking the right leg.
Silent Fox: Rok to dah fase!111!
Mending Moon: Find more arrows, then fire off at the eyes again
War Wind: Attack the legs!

-----------------------------
Mending Moon
(Scavenge Int Roll: 6, pass!) (Luck Roll 4,4)
(hard Agi roll:9-2=11, miss!) (Arrow save? 1d4=1, yes)

You turn away from the creature! Damn, you need more ammunition...you remembered seeing four of your arrows sticking out of Giak as you ran in to engage. You pluck one, quickly prepare it, but the angle's all wrong. You can't get a clear shot! Instead, you relax the bowstring and pluck the remaining 3 arrows out of the corpse-they're the kind used by Sommlending soldiers, heavy and designed to pierce through thick enemy armor, unlike Kai arrows which are lighter and thinner to take better effect of your accuracy.

+4 arrows

Silent Fox
(Agility roll, targeted shot Roll 3, pass)
(Int roll:1, Hit! Crit 1d4=4) (Damage 5+4+2=11 location, head)

Silent Fox decides a more simple approach is needed! He summons a solid sphere of stone and blasts it into the Gourgaz's ugly face, tearing open his left cheek, punching into his mouth and breaking his teeth! You resist the urge to say something like "chew on that" or "Dinner is served".

Gourgaz -7 HP, Gourgaz head Armor -5, armor absorbed/armor stripped. +2 HP bleed a round

War Wind
(Agility roll, targeted shot:4, pass)
(Str roll:4, miss!)

Approaching the creature is harder than you thought. You try to zero in on his leg, but he angles a vicious backhand to ward you away. You wisely duck rather than take the blow.

Lone Wanderer
(Agility Flank Roll 1-2=-1, pass)
(Str roll:2, Hit!) (Damage 8-2+2=8x2, flanking bonus, armor negated-location, left arm)

Lone Wanderer uses the distraction provided by Sheltering Leaves to to spend a few seconds concentrating. He sees the slightest fracture in the Gourgaz's left arm scales, caused by the shrapnel attack from Silent Fox. Even the strongest armor is useless against indirect force...He concentrates on it and jabs his glaive in deep, tearing through the spaces between the scale and slicing deep into the soft issue underneath. Smoking green blood pours forth from the wound! The creature goes mad, clutching his wound uselessly-he won't be able to stop the bleeding now. Lone Wanderer tries to pull his weapon free, but it won't budge! He manges to hold onto it, but it's taken all his strength not to be thrown loose.

Gourgaz -16 HP, Gourgaz Left Arm Armor -16, armor stripped. +4 HP bleed a round, Glaive embedded in Gourgaz left arm, claw attacks -1 strength and damage while glaive embedded

Lone Wanderer being dragged until he lets go, pulls out his weapon or is thrown loose.

Sheltering Leaves
(Frontal Distraction agility roll:3, pass, all party members get -2 bonus to pass agility flanking rolls on this round, you cannot flank yourself)
(Agility roll, targeted shot:8, fail)
(Str roll:8, fail)
(Merame distraction:3!)

Another rock bonks the creature in the head-ignoring the blades and earth attacks connecting with it, the Gourgaz looks around for the source of this minor irritant!

With it distracted now, you are about to go in for another strong attack when Lone Wanderer embeds his Glaive in the Gorugaz's flesh! It absently mindedly swings it's chain toward your legs...

Gourgaz
(Gourgaz attacks Sheltering Leaves)
(Str roll:4, hit!) (Damage 6-4+2+1=5) (Wanderer agility Defense roll, 9, fail)

...and entangles you! The thick iron chain wraps around your torso, picks you up effortlessly, and sends you flying, braining you into a nearby tree! Everything goes dark...the ground is looking awfully soft right now. Maybe you should take a nap?

The Gourgaz is bleeding steadily from a large wound in his left arm-Lone Wanders glaive is embedded in it, and Lone Wanderer himself is hanging on and trying to yank it out. The creaures torso has been scarred with glaive and earth magic buckshot, but seems to be moderately damaged. He's got an arrow embedded in upper right chest, but it's merely stuck harmlessly in the hide. He's going a bit slower on his left leg where Sheltering Leaves kick connected. His right arm is scratched, but mostly undamaged. His face is half gone from the rock attack, and it's also bleeding. Also, he's gone berzerk. Like, crazy mad!

Gourgaz super enraged: Sheltering Leaves, +2 damage to primary target, will attack this target until distracted, will take +2 damage from all sources

Berzerk-Uses 2 random attacks a turn until slain

Sheltering Leaves, -5 HP
health below 50%

(Random attack:3, wind up attack, next attack +1 damage)
The Gourgaz ignores it's near fatal wounds, and everyone but Sheltering Leaves, and begins swinging it's chain one handed and advancing toward him with an evil grin on whats left of its shattered face. The effect is...disturbing.

(Random attack:4, bonus 1d2 attack, random target,1=Lone Wanderer )

(Wanderer agility dodge roll 8=fail, Damage 1d2=2)
Lone Wanderer is whipped around and connects painfully with the ground. It occurs to him he might want to let go, but then he would be disarmed..

Lone Wander -2 HP
--------

Sub-boss battle!

Spoiler: Gourgaz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: uh oh >_>
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:20:04 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 8-Busted Up
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2011, 12:01:43 pm »

try to rip my glaivie loose and aim for the arm with the chain. "ooouph cough, cough gaarg ´thunk´ .... i haa(being flailed around)aateee- `thud´ this guy so much, nonono gghhhaaaaa ´K-thock´ h-help."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:15:02 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2011, 12:05:31 pm »

Try and stab the bugger's back.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2011, 12:12:31 pm »

-2 and "moderately wounded"? Huh?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2011, 12:17:56 pm »

-2 and "moderately wounded"? Huh?

Typo? If your talking about his armor, it should have been

Head=-2/10 (heavily damaged, bleeding)

Any damage done to armor past its total goes into negatives and is converted into bleeding damage. Pretty nifty! Is this what you meant? O-o

EDIT: Fixed bleeding total
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:20:25 pm by Dwarmin »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2011, 12:21:38 pm »

you were laughing as you came up with that i was stuck him didnt you?
Quite fucked indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2011, 12:22:52 pm »

Yeah that's what I meant.

*whistles* "Hey you! Are you stupid or why do you let me shoot you with rocks?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2011, 12:24:23 pm »

you were laughing as you came up with that i was stuck him didnt you?

Ayuh.  Don't think this will be last time either. Weapon stuck ins are !!fun!! :D

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 110