Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85524 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Descent into Chaos (Turn 2)
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2011, 01:59:27 pm »

He only responds with a cheery laugh-"OHOHOHOHO-adjusts his fancy hat, and comes to you sword drawn, crouched low in a expert duelist stance...

-running combat now-
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2011, 02:01:47 pm »

I have a package addressed to a certain "Lone Wanderer"

It apparently contains his backside.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2011, 02:02:34 pm »

You don't want Pierre to ever have possession of that. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2011, 02:03:07 pm »

It's for LW.

In other words, he's getting his arse handed to him.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2011, 02:04:23 pm »

well see....
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2011, 02:04:38 pm »

Nice, the fix suits pierre well >:3

Look for some crafting materials for some armour.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2011, 02:05:26 pm »

I also had a second package, but it's getting delivered to Transylvania right now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2011, 02:09:12 pm »

I wouldn't count on Ghost Wake's mental abilities helping much with the crippling Int of 2. :3 His other stats are good but I give Ahra a straight 50/50 split in terms of ability to win.

...and if he loses I'm going for Ghost Wake too, just to see if I win. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2011, 02:34:59 pm »

I wouldn't count on Ghost Wake's mental abilities helping much with the crippling Int of 2.

Intelligence?

Charisma: The force of one's personality; it is used for exerting and resisting psychic powers.

OHOHOHOHO

I just realized I should probably buff up the mind shield discipline. Ahra didn't take it, but he's pretty much helpless against psychic attacks without it...in fact I might add that damage can interrupt the stat loss when you break their concentration.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2011, 03:21:22 pm »

...Oh yeah, you're right. I saw Mind and immediately thought Intelligence. Sorry, I've been up for about 30 hours now. ^^;

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2011, 03:45:25 pm »

Lone Wanderer VS Ghost Wake

Lone Wanderer knows Ghost Wake's greatest asset is his speed-and he's heard that he's skilled in using the mind blast technique, but thankfully, he's only using the non lethal training version here. A kai priest helpfully uses magic to dull both opponents blades.

He begins by positioning his long polearm in an attempt to keep Ghost from getting close. But he's too fast! In  a blur of superhuman speed, Lone Wanderer feels a long blade poke him in the side-a deadly blow, but not fatal-he returns it, smacking the foppish menace in the chops and sending him back a step.

It's at this time, Lone Wanderer begins to feel the affects of the Mind Blast-it's like hundreds of women, screaming in ecstasy, in his head! He knows he must break his opponents concentration...he feigns an opening, and Ghost rockets toward him, only to almost get impaled on the glaive. The Ghost is forced back with a grunt, and Wanderer feels the mental pressure subside. They repeat this dance for sometime, each giving ground, Ghost Wake attempting to lock down Wanderers mind, and Wanderer trying to pen his quarry in. It's clear to both of them that Lone Wanderer has the physical advantage-Ghost Wake's speed is impressive, but it is only buying him time...

But Lone Wanderer suddenly felt himself begin to weaken. His mental defenses, already lamentably weak compared to Ghost, cannot hold back the torrent of Psionic Energy. The screaming gets louder...and louder...he feels himself slow down. Ghost wake dances around him, knowing the battle is over, but Lone Wanderer will not surrender! His final desperate thrust is a solid blow, but judged not to be able to stop Ghost Wake. His opponent slugs him in the jaw-low blow!-and Lone Wanderer hits the floor face first.

Ghost Wake throws his fancy hat in the air, catches it on the tip of his sword, then rolls it off the blade and onto his head, where he jauntily tips the feathered brim to his fallen foe, and retires to his bench to woo the female Healers with tales of his great victory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow. That was a lot closer than I thought it would be! Very exciting, but, it demonstrated how dangerous psionic attacks can be at least. Wander rolled awesomely, but he failed to resist Ghost Wakes mental attacks, and was knocked out-he'll wake up with just a bad headache.  Now, if you were facing a darkspawn, your brain would probably have exploded. ???

You'll see, if either the person attempting the mindblast fails, or you resist, and you damage them, you break their concentration. Battling a psionic enemy without defense is very dangerous!

I can only hope I did Pierre justice.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:46:59 pm by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2011, 03:56:08 pm »

Leaf scratched his jaw thoughtfully as he observed the battle. Ghost Wake is fast, but it seems to be the force of his will that is his real strength, he observed, watching his ally and the jaunty Kai parry and riposte in the training ring... but as the battle wore on, Lone Wanderer's movements began to slow. This must be the effect of his Mind Blast ability, he thought. Sheltering Leaves jumped to his feet as Lone Wanderer hit the floor. "Unacceptable!" he said loudly to get Ghost Wake's attention. "That last blow was clearly meant to hurt him in what is supposed to be a friendly competition."

Merame leaped off of his shoulder and went to go get Mending Moon for Lone Wanderer. "I challenge you." It was a fair contest; both had fought once already, so neither possessed the advantage of being 'fresh.' "Do you accept?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2011, 04:11:18 pm »

The other Kai agree with Sheltering Leaves-the battle went a little too far, and Ghost was out of line.

Ghost Wake merely rolls his eyes and rises to his feet to answer your challenge, rolling his neck left *crack* and right *crack*.

He whispers something to one of the women he was sitting with-you have a feeling he doesn't even speak natural Sommlending, can't or wont. She says to you "Ghost Wake will agree to another challenge! He told me to tell you that he hopes your mind is less feeble than your friend-the Darklords will not show the mercy he did."

The other Kai are impatient to be off, but they'll stay for this-for all his questionable morals, Ghost Wake is known as a good warrior to have on the battlefield, and most of them hope he'll knock out this impudent young Elf quickly so they can be off.

He strolls toward you, outwardly showing no wear from his last bout, but you can tell he is flagging. Then again, so are you.

-running battle now-
Both combatants ended last battle exhausted, so each starts with 75% of max health

----------
War Wind, tiring of sleeping or watching play battles, takes a short walk outside, looking for crafting goods.

(Int roll:5, Pass) (Luck roll:2)

He finds a fresh Ironwood sapling growing under an mossy overhang-it's not the best, but it is easier to work with...

Gained 3x Young Ironwood Bark (Can be applied to armor, or carved into weapons or arrows-it will only harden to a steel like state after the wood has been harvested and dried. Young Ironwood is naturally softer, making it easier to work with-+3 to all crafting rolls made with it.)

OOC: I've decided to just mash all crafting into one. It sucks to allow you to ONLY make armor, though I'll keep that as your specialty-crafting is now changed for your to make whatever you like.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:20:05 pm by Dwarmin »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2011, 04:40:17 pm »

"Giaks, eh?  I suppose I should come along; the soldiers we are going to relieve likely will have wounded of their own; and my bow can always be of use."  Go with the raiding party, but try to stay hidden in the back.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:41:49 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2011, 04:43:00 pm »

Volunteer as a ranged fighter for the raid
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 110