Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85476 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Descent into Chaos (Turn 1)
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 06:18:05 am »

-Subturn-

After some argument, the only thing you can all agree on for now is to wait for nightfall...time wears on.

Mending Moon goes to treat most wounded warriors (Int Roll: 2, Pass) (Luck Roll:6)
He works late into the morning, tending the worst off-many are scored with crude jagged slashes, or burned with strange magics. (-2 Easy Char Roll: 4-2=2, pass) You gently question them, and most admit they got careless and found themselves on the end of a Giaks blade-Giaks are a thrall race for the Darklords, similar to Orcs, but stunted and evil-or they ran afoul of enemy sorcerors, who use living flames to attack them from afar. They mention its been made a priority of slaying them first, if possible. More depressingly, you find evidence of extreme Adgana abuse-tremors, bloodshot eyes and increased heart rate. These men are being pushed to the limits...

The healers are willing to spare what medical supplies they have if you ask, but their own stocks are dangerously low.

The others catch up on sleep, or pace restlessly, lost in thought.

It is now early morning, the first Kai are wearily leaving to take up sentry positions in the forest.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 06:53:59 am »

^^; I thought we were leaving at night...

Sheltering Leaves finished his morning stretches, working out the kinks and soreness in his muscles through yoga-like exercises. Merame watched and tried to follow along but got bored halfway through and instead settled for trying to disrupt him by overbalancing him however she could. It was all right with him. A little extra challenge couldn't hurt. "Leaf...~ I'm gonna go find someone to play with," Merame said, scampering off. "I'll call for you when we are ready to depart," Leaf said as she left. That was equally all right with him. Being left alone to concentrate was also good.

"Hwah!" He threw a punch forward, then another with his opposite fist and followed it up with a high kick. As his left foot reached its peak he pushed off with his right and twisted in the air, delivering a back kick with his right leg. He landed smoothly, dropped to his hands, and swept his legs around in a hooking motion designed to trip up surrounding opponents before finishing the move by standing on his hands. There is a certain... purity... to fighting with only one's body, he reflected as he rolled forward and onto his feet once more. He threw his left leg up while bending his body in the opposite direction, then twisted, placed his hands on the ground, and completed an arc with his opposite foot before resuming his stance once more.

"Hooo..." He brought his arms up, crossed them over his face, and brought them to his sides while taking a deep breath and exhaling it slowly. Perhaps I should find someone to train with. I think I'll ask Silent Fox if he wishes to spar. He left to find his human ally and ask him that very question.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 07:13:45 am »

^^; I thought we were leaving at night...

Aye-you left the monastery at midnight, and arrived at the hidden base at dawn.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 07:21:23 am »

Oh. I didn't see where it said that...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 07:26:52 am »

Preperations are already made for your departure, at midnight tonight

Eventually, just before dawn, you arrive at the Kai Camp

I guess if I'm going to keep track, I'll add a summary of your teams position and the time of day in future turn updates. I don't want people to miss things...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 07:33:49 am »

Wait, now I'm completely confused. I knew we were at the camp; did we actually wait for nightfall to leave or are we going through the entire day? (This is why I shouldn't stay up in excess of 20 hours at a time. :-\)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 07:36:19 am »

"Training? It would probably be wise to hone our skills before we leave. Very well, I accept your offer."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 07:37:25 am »

Your waiting the entire day at the camp until nightfall-you haven't left yet. I would auto the day, but *something* will happen very soon.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 07:39:09 am »

Lemme guess. We get attacked and the one guy who had to collect fire wood as a punishment will be the only survivor?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 07:43:35 am »

Ah, OK. Now that's cleared up, sorry for the confusion. ^^; That's why I shouldn't assume things... So Dwarmin, is this sparring session going to be treated like actual combat, or is it just going to be a few rolls dealing no damage since we're not actually trying to injure the other person?

Leaf bowed to Fox. "Thank you. I suggest that we fight not to hit, but merely to prove we could." He raised his fist, pointed at himself, to the side of his head, stopping it just before it touched to clarify his meaning. "Shall we begin?"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 07:45:27 am »

LF draws his staff. "Have at you!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 07:51:02 am »

Shh.  8)

And actually, the ultimate fate of the Kai Order is up to you-if you guys do good enough, you'll avert the tragic fate that awaited Lone Wolf. Otherwise...events will proceed as predicted.

@SeriousConcentrate-I assume Kai are skilled enough to avoid most Dwarven style sparring accidents :P
Combat will occur like normal, and continue until one person "runs out" of Hitpoints-at which point the winner will get an easy Charisma roll to determine if he goes a bit overboard and attacks for real. Other than the last part, the damage won't be real.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 07:52:53 am »

Considering I have a stick and good krisma... yeah, you're safe SC.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 07:55:23 am »

OK then, gotcha. Especially easy for Darvi and I since we have pretty good charisma in the first place. ^^ @Ninja Darvi: True, and I'm barehanded so I'm not going to be inflicting many lethal blows unless I'm actually trying to as well. ^^

Leaf nodded and took a stance, eyes on Fox's weapon. He has quite the reach advantage... but my fists and feet are faster. He charged in, then rolled to the side and came up with a kick towards his opponent's midsection.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 08:10:59 am »

Running combat now.

Also, you'd be surprised how lethal a Kai Martial Artist can be, SeriousConcentrate. Your training in mind over matter allows to generate concussive force with your kicks and punches-essentially, you can make people explode if you hit them hard enough. :3

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 110