Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85561 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 40, Fungal Jungle Pt. 5-Shop Smart...
« Reply #885 on: July 12, 2011, 05:46:42 pm »

Mind blast and taking some things?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 12, 2011, 05:47:55 pm »

Orc smash, ogre's already mind blasted. If I was gonna pull that on the kobold I'd claim to be from some agency or another so he'd throw something in my face and book it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 12, 2011, 05:49:19 pm »

If you want to buy something Irony, just ask me in-character. I'll hook you up with a few rations... but you'll owe me a favor for down the road. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 12, 2011, 05:50:21 pm »

Or just use your CHA score to sic the ANGRY orc onto the kobold :3

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 12, 2011, 05:54:31 pm »

Aw man, I totally want to buy stuff from all of them. Curse these worthless coins, loincloths that are more raw materials than finished goods, and axe I need to enrage and/or placate the ogres with.

Oh man, this isn't fair.

Ahh, remember-it's a barter economy.

You trade goods for goods, or *services* for goods. They'll accept nearly anything you have in your packs that they think is useful to them, really. Even coins, if they like shiny things.

Also, as mentioned

Darain mentions if you have food rations, Underground Dwellers usually value those as luxuries.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 12, 2011, 05:55:17 pm »

That's why I offered. >.> Also, how much can we carry at a time, anyway? Just curious.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 12, 2011, 05:56:47 pm »

If you want to buy something Irony, just ask me in-character. I'll hook you up with a few rations... but you'll owe me a favor for down the road. :3
*Slight 9-Cha Blush* "O-okay, I'll do you a favor later..."
*Man with a monkey on his shoulder and all the food chuckles vilely*

But yeah, I didn't realize you had some rations, huzzah. :P

Or just use your CHA score to sic the ANGRY orc onto the kobold :3
Also a good idea, but most of the rings would probably get thrown around in the rampage. And granted, most of the rings are useless or cursed anyway, but that's a defeatist attitude!

Browse all the shops for fascinating goods. Alllll of them.

Also ask about prices and see how much the loincloths are worth, and whether they take crowns. Or prophecies. :3
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 12, 2011, 05:59:23 pm »

So?, It gets that annoying Kobold a few bruises and a black eye :3

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 12, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »

Woop woop, going to go take a nap.

Will steal anything Taric buys/beat him up when I wake up.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 12, 2011, 06:03:04 pm »

Steal yer own shit!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 12, 2011, 06:07:39 pm »

Ah, jeez, Irony. That's flattering. :P But believe it or not, despite it being me saying it, I didn't mean it that way. I didn't specify because I like keeping my options open, like if these shadow creatures ever get around to killing Leaf off as I suspect they one day will maybe you can help out my next character a little bit. (I didn't forget about those things, Dwarmin. I also didn't forget I'll come back with a Kutebold just for you. <3)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 12, 2011, 06:12:21 pm »

Oh, I know. That was just too amusing to not say. :P

Anyway Dwarmin, tell me what I find. I need to know what worthless nicknacks I can trade precious food and valuable leather for!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 12, 2011, 06:47:39 pm »

Well, to be fair, I didn't plan on you guys searching everything at once...if no ones figured it out yet, feel the rage of all my failed Roguelike games.

That's why I offered. >.> Also, how much can we carry at a time, anyway? Just curious.

Of food? About seven days worth.

Of everything else? Pretty much infinite...but you have to RP *how* your carrying them, once you've got alot of stuff, or you get the GM smite.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pressing Tide giggles uncharitably and goes to browse the stalls.

He starts at the ring stall, naturally. Kirknak will trade a ring for three to four rations, or one of your magic items. He'll take 50 of your coins for one ring. If he claims to be selling it 'cheap' you can get it for two rations, or 25 coins, or even a minor item from your inventory.

"Kirknak bring out special stock just for you, strange eyes...oh yeah, all sales finals...read sign..."

The Kobold shows you the following items.

1. Silver Belled Ring
"This ring, let you be powerful spell caster! Bells make pretty music, too."

2. Hollow Copper Ring
"This ring, make fast-zoom zoom zoom!"

3. Plain Black Rock Ring
"This made from dungeon rock, keep safe from spirits. Useful in Kirknak line of work..."

4. Twisty Ruby Ring
"Special offer, limited time only-makes you healthy like Troll!"

5. Springy Ring
"Jumping ring, obviously-ever jump too low for being short like Kirknak, you find useful. Cheap for special customer!"

6. Luminous Diamond Ring
"Psst...special offer. This ring lets you switch bodies, and brains by touch. Kriknak have fun with this one."

7 Hollow Glass Ring
"Make smarter-er, tells you what things are! Give Kriknak headache, he use so much-you use better?"

8 Puzzle Box Ring
"Solve tiny puzzle, Big Spirit in ring comes out, grants wishes for...uh, blood...he very specific about that. More trouble than worth, personally. Sell for cheap."

9 Double Banded Jade Snake ring
"Got from jungle Elves. Not sure what it does...but willing to let you have for cheap."

10 Wooden Brass Rimmed Ring
"Ring make enemies fear you power...true! They run away like rude T-rex-man!"

Then he wanders over to Thogga who shows him the following potions, he has about five of each. Thogga will trade a potion for a ration, or multiple potions for one of your weapons.

"Thogga honest Salesorc, all other stuff make you die. Thogga sad when customers die."

-Violently Bubbling Potion-
You take a whiff and feel your form grow indistinct
"Thogga potion make you seem where are not, sometimes."

-Chunky Orange Potion-
You take a whiff and feel hair sprout on your chest.
"This one make you into animal, sort of-but you might not be you anymore."

-Sweet Smelling Potion-
You take a whiff and feel sleepy. It smells like...sweet.
"This potion good for curing bad fears, makes the go away...for awhile"

-Watered Down Lampsur Potion-
You don't need to examine this-it's clearly a lampsur potion, if extremely watered down.
"Healing Potion Thogga make good-at least!"

-White Spicy Potion-
You take a whiff and burn your nostrils

"Thogga make potion to resist heat or cold. Maybe work, but also not work, make other one worse..."

Finally, he visits the Old Troll, who smiles toothlessly and shows him a dozen mushrooms, most of which are hallucinogenic-three are interesting to you, though, since you have not seen them before. Thogga will sell two mushrooms for a card reading, or one ration, and has about a half dozen of each. He's not very interested in any of your items.

-Shiny Grey Mushroom-
"Thogga...use shiny Grey for selling. Makes one...charismatic..."

-Green Striped Mushroom-
"Thogga...sell Green Striped, for sleeping with no bad dreams. Can be made onto weapons, or sneak into drink...if you need it."

-Purple Whorled Mushroom-
"Purple Whorls! They make you FLY like bat!"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 12, 2011, 06:52:24 pm »

Offer a cave fish thr. knife each for the Glass and diamond ring. See how many potions the Orc'll trade for a knife each.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 12, 2011, 06:58:37 pm »

Man, all those rings look good, but probably have horrible, horrible downsides, so I want to get a karma read on them... but that's a lot of readings. >_>

So, uh, what's the limit to card readings in a between-turns shopping spree? >_>
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 110