Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85620 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 38, Slimy Doom
« Reply #810 on: July 07, 2011, 11:34:26 am »

Fair enough. Was just a point of interest for me :P
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 07, 2011, 10:44:16 pm »

"I don't like this... Not one bit. We should go, quickly. To the water then."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:42 pm »

Shrug and follow allies.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 39, Fungal Jungle
« Reply #813 on: July 07, 2011, 11:21:07 pm »

((OOC:New rule! When three or more players post a direction, we go :) ))

Turn 38
The group decides follow War Wind, who has impulsively moved toward the faint sound of water. The ground is treacherous-the stone is covered with pools of slime and slick with condensation. They walk for almost a half hour, before finding the exit-the path opens up into a naturally hewn amphitheater, and the air is certainly less foul.

Peering out into the opened space, They realize the place they are standing in, is a natural opening in a cliff side, and what lies beneath of them in no less a jungle from a primordial age-castle sized mushrooms spread for miles and miles, encircling a mighty underground river that flows from above, through the jungle, and terminates in a giant waterfall that falls into black infinity, some miles away. There is a bioluminescent blue glow that seems to be coming from everywhere, which has allowed the Kai to see all this clearly.

It's a wondrous sight. The Kai can see small individual creatures, going about their daily business-harmless, semisentient orange blobs of protoplasimic goo, feeding on carrion, Giant Cave Beetles with midnight blue shells, trundling and feeding on moss and lichens like cattle, protecting their tiny young from predators-such as the jellyfish like creatures Molten Heart describes as "Fungal Squids", which hover ominously over the mushroom tops, dangling their long, sticky tentacles as fishing lines-and the deceptively lazy Giant Cave Crocodiles, who can be seen resting in the mud by the river, pretending to sleep. They hear a massive roaring from somewhere across the river. Again, Molten Heart identifies it as a Cave Tyrannosaur-somewhat smaller than their aboveground cousins, but no less hungry.

War Wind spots some silently gliding Fungivore Bats, who seem to be subsist on the fungus tops, and points to one as it lands on a mushroom top-only to watch as the top turns into a perfectly camoflaged Cave Spider, which snatches the bat and drags it back down to the jungle floor to feed. There's alot of life down there, and death, in equal amounts.

Pressing Tide is the first to spot the *settlement*. He was looking for it after all-a small collection of primitive huts on the rivers edge. They can see small, lizard-dog-rat like figures moving about, but none of them can tell exactly what they are from here. The cards said you could find hospitality...and judging by the fact the slime pools extend all the way down even to the base of this cliff, your guessing any intelligent species must have faced the creature in their territory, and could provide aid. Then again, this could be a dangerous diversion from your true mission.

The path down the cliff is fairly clear-there's many chunks of stone ripped away, in the rough path the creature takes to descend itself. Judging by the fresh slime, it's used often. It should be a tricky climb the slippery, irregular surfaces, but not an impossible one for a Kai warrior.

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:28:48 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 07, 2011, 11:29:56 pm »

Put away my swords and travel down yonder cliff face.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 07, 2011, 11:57:30 pm »

Proceed carefully down the cliff face. Make sure everyone only uses stable rocks to stand on.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 08, 2011, 12:32:10 am »

Down the cliffs and to the kobold village!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 39
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The group begins the descent down the cliff, Sheltering Leaves leading and looking for handholds, and Blade Singer going last, since he was deemed the strongest. While some of the Fungus Bats swoop dangerously close to them, angling for a better look at the Kai, they don't pose any threat. Free climbing is never easy, but even the less physical Kai warriors find progress steadily enough-Merame has no trouble at all, climbing down to the bottom in in about a quarter of the it will take the rest of the Kai, then patiently waiting and mocking them for going so slow.

They are about halfway to the bottom, when Blade Singer momentarily loses his grip on a slimy stone and plummets, but he manages to grab Sheltering Leaves outstretched hand before falling into the muddy ground below. Showcasing his Elven strength, Sheltering Leaves swings him back onto the rock face while still holding onto the cliff with his other hand.

In time, they reach the bottom.

*Plop*

As could be expected, the Jungle floor is made up of thick, soupy mud that comes up to your knees. It will be difficult to move in this, let alone fight. The only dry 'land' is made of fallen mushroom stalks, which are slippery and rotten. Merame mentions she's found tough fiber swing ropes hanging from some of the mushrooms, anchored with crude copper nails, that can be used for swinging. Maybe thats how the creatures get around?

The Kai begin to move in the direction of the village...even at a slow rate, it shouldn't take them more than an hour...

They hear the creatures long before they run into them-low hooting and yodeling that most of the Kai know as Ogres. Merame takes a look from above, and says there's about ten short, pale, Cave Oges wearing heavy wooden mud boots and loincloths, and cutting apart a dead Giant Cave Beetle with their knives and axes, storing the meat in mushroom cap baskets on their backs. The Kai are not sure of their chances of bypassing them undetected, and that are not eager for a fight on uneven ground. What should they do? Cave Ogres are no less or more violent than any race when trying to protect themselves, so they are not immune to an attempt at diplomacy. Problem! No one here speaks natural Ogre. Molten Heart mentions the only words he knows in Cave Ogre are "Run" "Hello" and "Your Mother"

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"We should probably try to sneak by," Leaves said. "Unless Darain can speak Ogre." He turned to Tide, who was carrying the head, and looked at it. "Can you?" he asked it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We should probably try to sneak by," Leaves said. "Unless Darain can speak Ogre." He turned to Tide, who was carrying the head, and looked at it. "Can you?" he asked it.

(Luck roll 4 VS Fate Roll 3, lucky!)

Darain hums-he explains thats the sound of him acessing his memory.

"Tree Dweller, I do know the Universal Ogre trade language-Hwoorsh Tang-though I am not versed in regional dialects. If these Ogres are not isolated, I can probably translate what they say".
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:54:33 am by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Leaf nodded, then turned to the rest. "What do you think? Should we risk it?" he asked. Merame chittered nervously. "I dunno Leaf, those things are awfully big! Maybe we should just sneak on by. We're both small and quick!" Leaf looked at her. "I don't think all five of us could manage that." He turned to the rest. "She wants to sneak by, but as I just told her, I don't think it's entirely possible. However, I would prefer to get by without fighting," he said, leaving it up to the rest whether they wanted stealth or diplomacy.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile

Blade Singer looked rather uncomfortable knee deep in mud. "I don't like our chances of sneaking by those ogres in this mud. If the Golem head can speak with them, let's give it a try. Push comes to shove, we can insult their mothers and run."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

why dont you just swim with as much of your body under the surface as possible :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

why dont you just swim with as much of your body under the surface as possible :P

Hey, your supposed to be enjoying an eternity of torture in the Castle of Terrors. Given that I gave Frelock an update...I might as well give you one.

Some time later, deep in the Castle of Terrors...

Lone Wanderer wasn't how much more he could take.

Sure, his cruel jailers had allowed him a spacious cell with a four post bed, two furnished bathrooms and enchanted beer tap that never ran out...and his primary torturer was a a hot Elven babe named Iriccia who had a very unique method of 'interogation'... and they actually told him he could leave at any time, with his choice of free artifact weapon and armor...but still-he has asked for cookies, and he had gotten them. But they didn't give him any MILK! Will the horrors ever end?!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile

Enchanted beer tap that never ran out...

!?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 110