Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85678 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 35, Hissssss
« Reply #705 on: June 30, 2011, 11:10:07 am »

If you don't want to get knocked out, though, you may want to bring your mind shield back on yourself.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 30, 2011, 11:12:03 am »

You make a fair point.

Do that too!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 30, 2011, 11:13:24 am »

Leaf took the double-bladed staff off of his back. What he really needed right now was a bit of range, and the staff offered that. For now, he would continue to attack from the side to try and keep its attention divided.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 30, 2011, 03:10:16 pm »

No fear.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 30, 2011, 09:21:02 pm »

The beast is almost finished! Finish it off quickly!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 36, No one can outclass Blade Singer either
« Reply #710 on: July 01, 2011, 12:59:04 pm »

Turn 36

Krath:STAND MY GROUND! As the Yaz comes to attack, ready my swords and slice it horizontally before it hits me!
Ironyowl:No fear.
Zako:The beast is almost finished! Finish it off quickly!
Taricus: COWARD!
SeriousConcentrate: Leaf took the double-bladed staff off of his back
-------------------------------------------------
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Round 3
The Yaz swayed back and forth once again-Pressing Tide and Sheltering Leaves were caught in it's gaze!

Pressing Tide shook himself free first, and lashed out at the snake, landing a light blow on the side of it's face, while Sheltering Leaves had unlimbered his blade staff and adopted a defensive position-the snake struck at him again, and Sheltering Leaves spun it around fancily, sending the snake reeling...Molten Heart was about to charge the beast once again, when a terrified War Wind knocked him over in his haste to escape. War Wind feels a yellow stripe forming on his scales!

The Snake was moving to attack the Kais prone body, when suddenly it was parted in twain from a heavy overhead blow coming from Blade Singer. He had waited till it turned away, then leaped onto it's tail and brought both his swords from the top of the creatures head to it's midsection. It messily slid into two halves, each falling to one side.

Blade Singer jumped through the gap created, and regarded his fallen foe for a moment, before turning to the others...perhaps introductions were in order?

The Kai slowly recover their senses lost to the snakes dance. Molten Heart spots a small glint of metal in the Yaz's guts-a possession of one of its last meals, no doubt.

*Enemy*
Spoiler:  Yaz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: Lolwut. Dice Gods are funny today. o_o
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 36, No one can outclass Blade Singer either?
« Reply #711 on: July 01, 2011, 01:07:53 pm »

Hey, you don't fight the rabbit of caerbannog in close quarters now do you? :P

Skin the Yaz.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 01, 2011, 01:13:22 pm »

Sheltering Leaves replaced the staff since it was no longer necessary, then nodded at Blade Singer. "Well fought. I'm Sheltering Leaves. This is Merame," he said, looking at the monkey who had rejoined him and was now sitting on his shoulder. Once everyone else was through introducing themselves, he would head back to the hub and suggest they try the southern door.

Southern door: "Howdy, y'all. Want some grits?"
Sheltering Leaves: "No, thank you anyway."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 01, 2011, 01:37:22 pm »

Blade Singer channeled Pierre from another dimension there.

Blade Signer doesn't answer right away, his senses still dulled by his injuries and his mind still lagging from the Yaz's mind numbing dance. After a moment he nods, "Well met. I'm Blade Singer, and I have to say it's nice to see friendly faces down here." He stumbles and clutches his chest for a moment, dropping one of his swords in the process, but shakes it off.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 02, 2011, 12:54:29 am »

"Hmmm? What's this?" Search through the guts of the dead creature.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 37, A Sad Stone Head
« Reply #715 on: July 02, 2011, 02:03:14 pm »

Turn 37

War Wind goes about extracting a roll of snake skin with skinning knife, while Molten Heart pinches his nose and begins digging through the Yaz's guts. The smell is overpowering, bitter and acidic, but he eventually pulls the item free-it's a small band of stone.

This ring is a band of thick black Onyx, and engraved on the front is the Dwarven rune for Protection, in a Mithril setting, which explains the glint. This is a fairly common possession among Warrior Dwarves-it's a ring of protection. It empowers its user with increased resilience against damage, but they have a short life span, tending to break after repeated use. It's depressing that it couldn't do more to defend it's previous owner, though-little good it did him in the belly of the Yaz. Molten Heart says a quick prayer to it's previous owner, and pockets it.

War Wind extracts a roll of Yaz skin, and rolls it up neatly, storing it in his pack. If it's like other magical scales he's worked with, it'll make an excellent addition to any piece of armor or shield as an additional buffer against attacks. It could also be used in its entirety to make a pair of gloves, boots or a helmet.

Sheltering Leaves voices the idea that they should try the Southern door, and there is no argument.

Blade Singer detects a familiar scent coming from the pocket of his overcoat-a letter? He remembered receiving it from an Imperial envoy who visited him, but he never had a chance to read it, before he wandered into the basement and was taken prisoner. It had the mark of the Queen of Esteros on it, even. He had forgotten about in all the excitement.

Molten Heart,
+1 Dwarven Ring of Protection, provides a passive -3 to all damage suffered while worn, expending a charge every time it is used in this way.*the ring feels completely cool to the touch*

(OOC: It's not equipped on you by default Zako-theres a very real possibilty that it will be destroyed by repeated use, with the ring getting hotter as a clue. However, given enough time, it will always cool back down and be safe to use.)

War Wind
+1 Roll of Yaz Skin, can augment or be made into a cloak, small armor, or shield with +1 defense, +2 bonus HP, +1 elemental resist

--------------------------------------------------------
The Kai make their way out of the room, and across the Hall. With no one distracted, this door is easier to open, anyway.

They move forward, and the emerge into an area not of carved dungeon flagstone, but of roughly hewed rock. They see the remnants of the puzzle they were supposed to solve-some annoying combination of balancing water levels in different size tubes with different size buckets. Any monster may be preferable to that.

There's also two marble Golem Guards on each end of the room, also smashed-it seems one was crushed into powder and stone chips, and the other one is undamaged, but missing his head and arms

It's been smashed to shards, and the secret door they would have revealed to a flight of stairs is covered in rubble-it seems as if it was collapsed on purpose.

War Wind groans-he says he saw much the same when he investigated above. This is no doubt part of the tentacle creatures burrow. The Kai are deciding if they should retreat, or move forward, when a Golem head speaks out from behind them. He's lying on his side in the far corner, the force of whatever impact that severed him from his body leaving a sizable dent in the rock behind him.

They instinctively draw their weapons, but-it's just a head, roughly shaped like a Dwarf. It speaks to them, in a booming, monotone voice.

"Intruders most foul! Solve the Trap Masters puzzle-balance the water, or be crushed!"

Something seems to come over it then-it orients it's stone eyes on them, and speaks to the Kai in a more conversational tone.

"Sorry. I've got my orders to say that. I didn't mean to alarm you. Not that I can do much about anything in my current state, of course. Feel free to laugh at my situation, I'll be glad of the companionship."

His stone face registers a certain hopeless resignation that makes you feel a profound sense of pity.

Spoiler: Player Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:09:08 pm by Dwarmin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 02, 2011, 02:18:18 pm »

Examine the head in detail.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 02, 2011, 02:20:58 pm »

Leaf looked at the stone head with a small measure of compassion. The above ground world was more his domain, but he was hard-pressed not to feel some sympathy for the poor construct. "Perhaps we should destroy it, free it from its current situation," he suggested to the others. "Or at least bring it with us. I wouldn't want to face an eternity of staring at these four walls." If they took it out of the crypt maybe they could put it somewhere with a better view, or give it to someone who wanted some companionship or something.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 02, 2011, 02:45:51 pm »

-Quick Turn-

War Wind dispassionately examines the head. It was obviously carved from solid marble in the shape of a Dwarf, beard and all, yet it has interior mechanisms that allows it to function and show basic emotion. There's a splintered mithril rod jutting out from below it's neck-which matches the splintered rod from the beheaded Golem body on the other end of the room.

"I'm sorry to say my mithril control shaft was severed in the battle-it's not the sort of thing that can be repaired easily. If you need a living term for comparison, it's the equivalent of my spine.

It nods to Sheltering Leaves.

"But, do not fear, I've not an eternity to wait, kindly Tree Dweller, as Golems of my line are only built to last about thirty five hundred years, give or take-at least thats what the Dwarves would claim-in truth, the wear and tear of daily life far shortens our lifespans.

Elves still dwell naked in the trees, correct? And do they still practice ceremonial cannibalism? Excuse my impropriety if I seem overeager for news.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 02, 2011, 03:03:21 pm »

Leaf raised an eyebrow. "You certainly are a dwarven construction. Elves wore clothing before the other races discovered what sentience was, and we've never eaten people. Unless you mean the dark elves. I can't speak for them."

Obviously Leaf is going to be a little arrogant when you question him about elves. :P
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 110