Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85619 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 33, You can blame War Wind
« Reply #690 on: June 29, 2011, 02:42:26 pm »

You could enter the spider realm via long-forgotten magic and rescue me.  Or just try it yourselves.  I'm rooting for you! As I scream in near-eternal agony.

You could use an update! The main turn will come some time in the next few hours...when I figure out how to give Ricctos character an eternity of torture.

Mini-update/Mending Moon

Some time later, deep in the Spider-Elf Kingdom...

Mending Moon screamed in agony. The torture had been going on for weeks...or Months? Years? There was no telling time down here. He measured the days with pain. He had remained steadfast till now, but...it was just too much. The final...the last one, had been unspeakable beyond belief. His primary torturer, a spindly Dark Gnome named Pinion, cackled with delight, adjusting his monocle.

"Finally! I thought we might never extract a scream from you, young Kai. I consider it an honor-you lasted longer than anyone else I've worked with. A testament to a Kais resilience! But, I have never failed in my duty to the Matriarch. It is only a matter of time...till you break.

Tell me, do you regret your sacrifice yet, Kai? Hmm?"

He did not give the vile Gnome the satisfaction of an answer...but, as always, his remarks cut dangerously close to the skin. Had he not, in the depths of torture, begun to hate the friends he had sacrificed his freedom for? The thought made him hate himself. He knew it was illogical-they would all have been captured, if not for him. It did not change the truth of his situation, though. Slowly, but surely...he was losing himself.

"I think we are done today. Don't worry, we'll get started again in the morning. In the meantime, your cell awaits...and remember-you can escape any time you like..."

Mending Moon is picked up by a trio of guards, and tossed into a cell, near the very bottom of the fortress he resides in. A Spider-Elf Priestess mumbles a few words of magic-healing him, of course. Not enough to stop the pain, but enough to keep him alive till the next session. Laughing, they close and lock the door, and leave him alone with his thoughts...and a small thing.

It's an unassuming blade, placed on an altar in the center of the cell. Too small to be used as a weapon, really. Not that he didn't try on the first day. The guard seemed to enjoy that-armed with heavy maces and full plate armor, they beat him mercilessly.

He knows what it's supposed to be used for. It's the only way to escape. Drive the blade into his heart and...escape. That's what they want him to do. It consumes his thoughts. He knows it's a trap. A fate worse than death awaits him if they force him to take his life-his own soul, used to power the Spider-Elf Matriarchs Dark Magic, his skull swinging from her staff as a trophy...

Yet, he also knows, there will come a time when he will not be able to resist. The blade, and whatever waits after, will seem a paradise to the Hell he must endure.

So, Mending Moon drops into meditation on the floor of his cell. Trying to ignore the pain. Remembering his Kai training..his childhood..his life. Trying not to think of the Knife. Thinking of a way to escape...a weak link in the chains...a crack in the wall. Anything. He hopes his friends are safe.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 33, You can blame War Wind
« Reply #691 on: June 29, 2011, 02:54:43 pm »

You, my good sir, are an excellent writer.  I only regret that it must be my character that is subjected to your cruel mercies.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 34, Encino Man
« Reply #692 on: June 29, 2011, 08:34:19 pm »

Turn 34

Riccto: Get gone
Ironyowl: I'll arbitrarily pick north
Zako:"Ow, that hurt. Let's hope we don't play another of this damn trap master's games again." I use the last polituce on myself.
Taricus: Bash down the door everyone chooses.
SeriousConcentrate:Leaf opened the door. "Let's continue on"
-------------------------------------------------
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The team decided on the North Door-probably a wise idea, since the way they had oriented, it was in the general direction they had been trying to go before.

The grates were difficult to open for an untrained Kai-it took four of them almost 5 minutes to open this one.
Molten Heart used the time to heal his wounds, patching up his chipped head with strong glue. He used up the last of the medical supplies...

(Molten Heart, +5 HP 12/14, -1 poultice)

Eventually, the door creaked open, and the Kai brothers quickly scurried under before it shut tight. It was clear that it would be difficult, if not impossible to retreat through here if under attack, as the Trap Master no doubt intended.

The party moves forward, expecting more traps, but they run into none. It's a straight path...straight to a dead end!

It's another circular, sandy room, littered with bones. The party is read to turn back-War Wind mentions that someone may have killed whatever creature was defending this area-when the entire room is flooded with an eerie green light...

The source of the light is an object hanging in the center of the room-where a chandelier would be normally. It's almost hypnotic...Trembling Peak takes a step forward...and is caught in a blast of green light, coming forth from the sphere!

The remaining Kai warriors cover their eyes. When they open them, Trembling Peak is gone. In his place, a tanned Kai warrior, brown haired, wearing a red headband, stands with two swords drawn-against some horrible reptile monster, almost ten feet tall and 30 feet long. It's red forked tounge scents the air, recognizing new prey. As it turns to look at them, all the Kai caught under it's glance begin to feel an unnatural legarthy come over them...

Sheltering Leaves recognizes it as a "Yaz"-a giant constrictor snake from the deserts of Vassagonia, and averts his eyes. It is not venomous, but relies on a form of hypnosis to mesmerize it's prey-it's said the dance of a Yaz is a the most beautiful thing to behold, for anyone who sees it must die soon after in its coils.

The warrior with the red headband calls for aid-both he, and the snake, are badly wounded, but the Kai is being slowly driven back to the wall, about to crushed under the reptiles weight.

Blade Singer

....was sure this was the end. After the Greycloaks had cast him down into the pit, he had chosen the North Door on impulse. It had taken him better than an hour...but he had opened it, and stumbled into room. Where the Yaz awaited him. He had fought with all his strength, but the creature had time on it's side-Blade Singer wounds were not fully healed after the Greycloaks had beaten him to a pulp.

His last gamble was toss his blade into the sphere itself, hoping it would malfunction and banish the beast, or at least blow them both to Hell before it could wrap the Kai in it's coils and devour him...there was a tremendous flash of Green light, and when Blade Singer opened his eyes, he was dismayed. The snake was still there, eyeing him hungrily. He picked up his sword, which had ricocheted off the sphere, and prepared himself...what was this? Where did the other four Kai warriors come from? And why are they just STANDING there?! He needed some help!

*Enemy*
Spoiler:  Yaz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: Welcome to the game Krath!
Torches are considered doused for the combat, btw, so they wont burn up while your in the room.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:05:40 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 29, 2011, 08:38:07 pm »

Throw the normal round shield at the lizard.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 29, 2011, 08:51:11 pm »

Leaf struggled forward. "Hold on, I'm coming!" he yelled to Blade Singer. He tried to circle around the Yaz and hit it with a Mystical Flash to the side; after he tried that it would be disabling strikes to the head, as much as possible, to stop it from attacking.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:10:17 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 29, 2011, 08:52:08 pm »

Snakes do not have arms or legs.  :(

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 29, 2011, 09:10:05 pm »

This one does. :P Sorry, I was distracted trying to write a rap for RtPJ and read 'snake' but when I came back to it I only remembered 'reptile.' I'll correct.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 29, 2011, 09:19:47 pm »

You were thinking of Snakeman.

You might want to beat Needleman before going after him, though.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 29, 2011, 09:26:59 pm »

Assault with chains, mind blast away.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 29, 2011, 09:31:25 pm »

Snakes do not have arms or legs.  :(

Didn't you know? Anatomy is Serious' strong suit.

Extend my Mind Shield to Sheltering Leaves and go for the head!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 29, 2011, 09:43:25 pm »

Only certain bits, Krath. >.>

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 29, 2011, 10:31:10 pm »

Try to pin the thing's tail down with my sword!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 35, Hissssss
« Reply #702 on: June 30, 2011, 10:19:05 am »

Turn 35

Krath:Extend my Mind Shield to Sheltering Leaves and go for the head!
Ironyowl:Assault with chains, mind blast away.
Zako:Try to pin the thing's tail down with my sword!
Taricus: Throw the normal round shield at the lizard
SeriousConcentrate: hit it with a Mystical Flash to the side; after he tried that it would be disabling strikes to the head, as much as possible, to stop it from attacking
-------------------------------------------------

Round 1

The Kai charge the Yaz from all sides-predictably, it casts it's gaze on all of them. Most of the Kai resist-Molten Heart and Pressing Tide are well trained to resist mental damage, and Sheltering Leaves feel his mind being defended by Blade Singer...who himself stumbles under it's gaze, unable to defend himself while defending the Elf.

The Yaz strikes out with lightning speed. Sheltering Leaves charges his Mystical Flash, but it draws the creatures attention-he is caught with a swing of the creatures massive tail and smashed into the wall!

War Wind tosses his shield at the beast-it was never meant to be a projectile weapon, but it nevertheless flies true and fast. The Yaz spots it, though, and catches it in the air like a dog with a flying disc-it quickly crushes the shield in it's coils and tosses it back to War Wind as a unrecognizable metal ball, almost as if mocking him!

Blade Singer, Pressing Tide and Molten Heart all charge at the same time. The Yaz deflects their blows with it's armored hide, forces them back with ferocious snapping, or makes them retreat under it's terrible gaze. Pressing Tide manages to begin mind blasting the beast though-it's nothing more than a simple beast, really.

Round shield destroyed
Sheltering Leaves, -6 HP
Blade Singer, -2 agility (mental damage)

Round 2

The Yaz realizes it's gaze is not having the intended effect-Molten Heart and Pressing Tide remain strong, and Sheltering Leaves resists with the help from Blade Singer.

Having not disposed of its foes with trickery, it turns back to deal with the other Kai, only to find Pressing Tide has intelligently positioned himself behind it. Pressing Tide loops his chains around the snakes neck like a garrote, and uses his weight to dig the sharpened links in it's flesh, all the while using his Mindblast. Sheltering Leaves tries to stand up where he was crushed, but stumbles on the way. Molten Heart tries to circle around, but the creatures thrashing knocks him down and winds him.

War Wind knows he would fall quick to the snakes gaze, and is not eager to engage in melee, so he stays at a distance.

Eventually, it bucks and tosses Pressing Tide, where he lands a few feet away, nimbly.

Hissing, it turns on Blade Singer, rearing up and staring him directly in the face. Before the man can avert his gaze, the Yaz begins swaying back and forth...and Blade Singer freezes in place! He can feel himself slowing down-he feels the need to...sleep. Rest.

As the creature slides forward to ensnare him, Blade Singer lashes out with twin blades weakly-cutting deep gouges in the creatures hood. It raises it's body to crush him, but the crafty Human throws himself to the side. He's not sure how much longer he can last like this.

The creature is bleeding gouts of brown blood from its neck, but the Yaz seems to have gotten it's wind back. It prepares to use it's blinding speed again!

Yaz, -10 HP
Blade Singer, -2 agility (mental damage)

*Enemy*
Spoiler:  Yaz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: Stopped the fight, since it will use it's Blinding Speed next turn....which could be very dangerous to those in melee range.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:21:49 am by Dwarmin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 30, 2011, 10:22:25 am »

In tried and true fashion:

RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 30, 2011, 10:39:05 am »

In tried and true fashion:

RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!

COWARD!

STAND MY GROUND! As the Yaz comes to attack, ready my swords and slice it horizontally before it hits me!

Yes, that's right, I'm going to pull a Zantetsuken Reverse. Only the first 40 seconds are relevant :V
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:49:20 am by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 110