Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85644 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I'm a bit confused about our location too. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Where are we again? Or rather, what's around us? I seem to remember something about multiple doors and a hallway, but I'm lost otherwise.

The dungeon/catacombs underneath the Keening Willow Cemetary-your in the 1st level lobby. There's four exits in each cardinal direction.

One is a spiraling staircase leading down.

One you just escaped from-the sewer drain room.

One has the skeleton of a chained dragon, where SeriousConcentrate found a Draconic flute

and the last one leads back to the surface through a trapped hallway, which has already been passed.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Ah, so down's the only path left, really.

Head down the stairs, grabbing a light source if there's any nearby.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Leaves punched the wall. He and War Wind were the only two left from the original five who had left the monastery! And at the rate they were losing brothers, how much longer would either of them last? He forced himself to calm down and followed Pressing Tide in silence, lost in thought about the fate of his brothers.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

Follow Tide, Keeping up pace next to him
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kai Name: Silver Tree
Race: Nature Sprite
Disciplines: Animal Kinship, and Weapons Training: Archery
Starting Weapon: Longbow
Animal Companion: Wolf

-Stats-
Strength: 4
Endurance: 2
Agility: 7
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 5

Bio: Silver Tree grew up tending to his forest, and protecting it from harm, but in the end to portect it he had to leave, but before doing so the trees gave him a gift, his bow, the bow grown from an oak, and was a sturdy,a dn reliabel weapon in battle. He became a Kai to protect his forest from the evil forces that were closing in on it, adn thus he attacked his training with a grand vigour mastering archery training in record time. Not soon after he arrived people started to realize that he could talk with, adn befriend animals in no time at all.
Physical Appearance: Silver Hair, Silver Eyes, 6 Ft, Very Pale
Personality: Calm, but easily angered

Is that ok?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What the...just provide me what a pic of what a Sprite is.

I was thinking they were like, really small.  :-\
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is the wiki page, but not all Sprites are small Naiads aren't,and neither are Mermaids. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_(creature)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Hot damn, I'm in! A shame about loosing our healer though, that sucks.

"A shame that your friend had to do that for us. Truely there was no other way, and we shall carry on his mission in our hearts and minds." Molten heart bows his head for a while, and it seems as if his hair glows ever so slightly from the roots for a moment. "We should find ourselves a light source of some kind, and quickly. Perhaps there is something we can use outside to make torches or maybe find a lantern?"

Also, I claim both the potion and the healing kit.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Adwarf:All right, I guess you'll have to be a slightly smaller, white skinned Elf. I dunno!

You mind if I fix your bio?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 06:08:58 am by Dwarmin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Adwarf:All right, I guess you'll have to be a slightly smaller, white skinned Elf. I dunno!

You mind if I fix your bio?

That perfect !!!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 25, Traps!
« Reply #521 on: June 16, 2011, 10:46:02 am »

Turn 25
Everybody:Search for light, descend
----------------------------------

The group of Kai warriors decides to retreat momentarily-realizing that a light sources would be helpful, but seeing none on the walls, they backtrack to the basement and find four torces, along with flint and steel sets. Only War Wind lights his to lead the way, and other 3 are distributed to Sheltering Leaves and pressing tide, who must navigate without the benefit of Darkvision.

The stairs descend nearly 50 flights in all-and there's traps littered throughout, as well as hallways branching off every ten steps or so. The Kai realize it would take months to explore the entirety of this place, and for now, are content to seek the bottom...

War Wind spots and steps over the first one-a tripwire set to trigger to some sort of arcane explosive device. He warns the others to be careful...and misses the next one, a nearly invisible lever in the floor. His heavy foot depresses it, and the Kai hear a very quiet *fwip* as a hidden launcher fires a dart! It strikes Sheltering Leaves in the chest, barely piercing his armor with the tip-Sheltering Leaves feels a familiar burning sensation...this time, he's able to rip out the dart and before the toxin can do any damage. He purges the remnants of the Shade Cap poison with no difficulty.

War Wind is more careful as he continues, and he spots another lever like before 14 flights down, and steps over that one without incident. The last one is the most difficult-as they reach the bottom, there's a sudden dim illumination ahead of them. Supressing the urge to run ahead, War Wind thinks for a moment, and then looks up. There! A small emitter bud, set about head level-gathering up a handful of dust, he blows it and his suspicions are confirmed-it's an invisble beam of light. The Kai keep their heads down as they pass, and War Wind experimentally waves his sword in front once everyones at a safe distance. Nothing happens right away-except his sword begins to glow red hot. That would have been a nasty trap!

Glad to be free of yet another trapped corridor, the Kai emerge from the Staircase into a room larger, and more ornate than the one before-it seems someone has been here recently-there's a lit torch set on the far wall. There's four doors leading out of here, one in each corner, and another decending spiraling staircase directly across from them. In the center is an pool of what seems to be fresh water-in the middle, three statues, depicting a woman and two young children at ease. They seem unnaturally cheerful for a place like this. Engraved at the base, are the words...

'Dedicated to my family-Alana, Rebecca, Dalia-we will be reunited one day'

Sheltering Leave -1 HP
Pressing Tide, +1 torch (10 round remaining)
War Wind, +1 torch (unlit)
Sheltering Leaves, +2 torches (unlit)

-Exits and Entrances-

North West Door (Unexplored)
South West Door (Unexplored)
North East Door (Unexplored)
South East Door (Unexplored)

Staircase up (Leads to lobby level 1)
Staircase down (Unexplored)

Spoiler: Player Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: If you don't run into any combat while exploring the rooms, they'll be done with mini-turns, btw, with me giving you small updates as whenever I can. So, feel free to explore...

*evil laugh*
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:50:32 am by Dwarmin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 25 Traps!
« Reply #522 on: June 16, 2011, 10:49:43 am »

My god! I'll end up killing everyone by accident or association at this rate :P

Light the torch, explore the northwest door.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:53:11 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 16, 2011, 10:52:19 am »

War Wind takes out a marker from nowhere and writes in the letter "E" on the statue. All of a sudden, Rocks begin to fall from the ceiling, crushing all the Kai warriors!

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 16, 2011, 11:17:54 am »

I'm assuming I have Darkvision.
Peak trundles cautiously into the North East room
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 110