Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85698 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 23 Lights Out
« Reply #480 on: June 14, 2011, 02:23:04 pm »

Trembling Peak falls from his holding place with a thud. Landing on all fours he peers around the room, his dwarven eyes being able to penetrate the darkness well he spots the all too familiar green cloaks that his rescuers were wearing. He had been patiently waiting for this day. He calmly picks up his own cloak that fell shortly after him, fastens in around his neck quickly, almost self consciously of his tattoo's and then presents himself "Hello Brothers. Trembling Peak, at your service.
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 14, 2011, 02:33:26 pm »

Yes, welcome Riccto to the game. I work fast. Darvi's ashes have barely settled on the floor. :3

For reference, Trembling Peaks immediate backtstory

((Year 1022-Having achieved his intiate rank earlier in the year, Trembling Peak as assigned to border patrol along with his brother Kai, and was present when the land went mad under darklord influence. Swift Water sent three Kai, Trembling Peak among them, to investigate rumors of evil at the Keening Willow Cemetary. He volunteered to go in, and was captured by the Greycloaks for his trouble after running afoul of the traps beneath the catacombs. They cast him into the old sewer drain room where a coven of Spider-Elves had taken residence, and it was here, he would surely have met a terrible fate...if not for the intervention of a travelling group of Kai warriors, who killed the creatures and freed him from the foul webbing.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 14, 2011, 02:35:22 pm »

I was considering picking up Darvi's cloak and wearing it "Man this thing is dusty!" But that would of been too much of a low blow I would think.
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 14, 2011, 02:37:04 pm »

Not to mention it got obliterated.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 14, 2011, 02:39:04 pm »

I was considering picking up Darvi's cloak and wearing it "Man this thing is dusty!" But that would of been too much of a low blow I would think.

Lol...you would have gotten an achievement. And an angry ghost following you around.

@ Taricus: Actually, it survived-those cloaks are made of tough stuff. Not like their owners. :3

Really though, someone should probably volunteer to take it back to the monastery-it's how the Kai honored their oft unburied dead.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 14, 2011, 02:39:15 pm »

All that remains of Silent Fox is his green cloak, bones, and a humble prayer Book, seemingly untouched.
Raggle Fraggle

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 14, 2011, 04:29:51 pm »

Pressing Tide emerged nonchalantly from his cocoon, seemingly unconcerned with having been stored in a larder. He met Sheltering Leaves' gaze with his own, smiling widely.

"Ah, thank you," he said, eyes still locked with Leaves'. After a moment he seemed to remember something, and glanced at the corpses of the spider-elves. "A pity about the spiders, though," he said, with just a touch of sadness.

He returned to staring at his rescuer.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 14, 2011, 04:42:19 pm »

Leaf knelt and picked up Fox's cloak, folding it respectfully and putting it in his pack for the moment. "What do you mean?" he asked. "The spiders intended to kill us... all of us." He closed his eyes for a moment. "I'm Sheltering Leaves. This is War Wind and Mending Moon," he said, indicating both in turn. "We were traveling with Lone Wanderer and Silent Fox, but Wanderer was captured and Fox..." He gestured at the skeleton. "What are you known by?" he asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 14, 2011, 04:45:21 pm »

"Same here, that enchantress was quite the looker. Nice to meet you"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 14, 2011, 04:46:52 pm »

Oh you...

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 14, 2011, 04:48:59 pm »

Shrugged slightly as his introduction went ignored as he walks around the chamber, tapping on the walls and looking for any hidden passages
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 14, 2011, 05:50:59 pm »

-mini update-

Trembling Peak eventually finds what he was really looking for-the small alcove in the West wall where he saw his possessions being stored as he was being wrapped.

(luck roll: 1d6=4)

He pulls his Bear Claw Gauntlets and tries them on experimentally. They seem to be undamaged! Which is not surprising, considering they are Dwarf make-the spiders took them from his as soon as they knocked him out, and for good reason-the reinforced steel claws would have shredded even the thick cables of the spiders webs if he had retained them. Not only can the heavy gloves be used to parry sword and mace blows-or catch them and snap them in two-, the mechanized joints are specially designed to augment the wielders grip strength in wrestling combat. It's a potent weapon, but the increased weight and short range are drawbacks-he's all too aware of vulnerable he is when grappling a single opponent, and has been taught body blows as well.

Further in, he finds a his lucky hip flask-well, he's still alive right? lucky!-and a half bottle of Lampsur Potion.

+1 Dwarven Bear Claw Gauntlets (+2 damage, +2 Str when grappling)
+1 Lucky Flask (3 shots of Goblin Spit left-increases all damage done and taken by 1d3 for 1d10 rounds)
+1 Half full Lampsur potion, refills half HP, can only be used outside of combat

In the back, he see's a long chain weapon-he's sure that belongs to Pressing Tide.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 14, 2011, 05:59:39 pm »

Pressing Tide nodded serenely. "All must play their part. It's just a pity they couldn't serve differently.

In any case, I am Pressing Tide. I fight the mind better than the body, but I have some skill with this," he said, recovering his chain weapon from the alcove.

"So, what business have you here? The flow takes you to the source, I imagine."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 14, 2011, 06:03:33 pm »

I'm guessing Peak and Tide know each other?

"There you go mentioning that flow thing..." he walks towards the group as he fastens his gauntlets "So. as I introduce myself again I'm Trembling Peak. Practictioner of the Dwarven Grappling Art." He bows his head slightly "It'll be a pleasure to join you on yer mission."
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 14, 2011, 06:04:56 pm »

"Pleasure to meet you too dwarf"
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 110