Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85475 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Descent into Chaos (Turn 1)
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2011, 08:13:14 am »

I'm not going to be inflicting many lethal blows unless I'm actually trying to as well. ^^

I know. Martial artists are badass. :3 I have to ask, was my character's name Kenshirou before they started calling him Sheltering Leaves? Just curious.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 08:20:10 am »

Easy answer-no one knows. Most people who join the Kai willingly forget their birth names-during the first years of training, you didn't even use one-you were merely referred to by your rank, but unofficially, they used your Kai name. You were just awarded with it for real and allowed to use it in public.

Oh wait, was that a real question?  ???
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2011, 08:26:26 am »

Sorry, just a random Fist of the North Star reference. ^^; In short, Kenshirou's fists make people explode. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2011, 08:53:14 am »

Using his sixth Sense, Fox tries to anticipate Leaf's attack and lauch a counterattack.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2011, 08:54:40 am »

Sleep.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2011, 09:05:44 am »

watch the fight, seeing how fox tries to keep the foe away from him.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2011, 10:25:37 am »

Duel: Sheltering Leaves VS Silent Fox
Both opponents circle each other warily, looking for telltale gaps in the others form. Both their fellow teammates and other warriors on break gather round silently to see the fight for themselves. Silent Fox closes his eyes for a moment and visualizes the coming battle...time slows down, but only so much. Sheltering Leaves knows he'll use his sight to his advantage, and begins making quick erratic movements to confound the sense of Fox, and it works!

Overeager, he strikes early-Sheltering Leaves ducks his blow with expert skill, and, dropping to one knee, angles a lightning fast upward kick into Silent Fox's lower body and under his guard. He stops just short of the mans ribs, a cagey smile on his face. They both step back, the winner of the first round-Sheltering Leaves. You both silently agree it would take more than that to stop a Kai though-the blow wouldn't have been full strength, and the 6th sight allowed Silent Fox to harden himself in anticipation of it.

They pause for a second, then recommence-Silent Foxes staff is a blur, deflecting blow and blow, but eventually, some get through. Sheltering Leaves manages to land glancing blows, only-and suddenly, he is caught off guard! Silent Fox launches into a well timed attack pattern of his own, landing 3 light blows in rapid succession. They both realize, Foxes goal is to wear down Leaves enough to land a finishing attack. Leaves is pressed into a corner, and when he tries to roll to the side, Silent Fox sweeps his legs and sends him to the floor asprawl. He's unhurt as he springs to his feet, but both of them are breathing heavily and sweating now.

They make another round, gauging each others reactions. Silent Fox makes the first move-he spins his staff in an intricate arc and brings it down on Leaves shoulder-he's too weary to dodge, and the other Kai silently murmur, such a blow would have broken the Elves shoulder. But, the battle is not yet over-Sheltering Leaves summons up his last reserves of strength and launches another flurry of punches. This time, he finds his mark-he gets under Foxes guard, knocks his staff away for a step, and executes a one handed hammerblow to his midsection-the spot in which he would already had been greatly injured by the first blow. Sheltering Leaves manages to stop, what would surely be a fatal blow had they been fighting for real.

The two Kai, bruised, tired but glad to have fought well, back away and bow to each other. Good fight!

Sheltering Leaves has gained the following achievement
1st Rank Duelist:This warrior has defeated one of four of his Kai brothers in honorable combat. He retains the 1st rank until challenged and defeated.

------------
War Wind misses the excitement, instead choosing to sleep-he has dreams of the hunt...

Lone Wanderer watches carefully, as Fox uses his weapon to defend himself-it's not so much that he's fast with it, though he is, faster than the Human eye-but that the staff if an extension of his own body, a shield of spinning ironwood, he weaves around himself to block and deflect away hostile blows. Sheltering Leaves was nearly driven to exhaustion attempting to pierce the defenses without being brained or tripped, but his speed allowed him to eventually come out the winner in this contest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You'll notice-6th sense ability I decided gives you +2 to all stats for 1d6 turns, and after 10 rounds of constant combat you'll begin to incur penalties until you just crit each other to death. Fox is actually not bad defense wise, but it was unlikely he could win in a physical contest-Sheltering Leaves has higher strength, endurance and agility, along with his unarmed fighting skill. Even then, it was a very close battle-if Silent Fox had not taken that critical on the first turn, theres a very good chance he would have won.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:55:41 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2011, 10:39:13 am »

DEEERP :V

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2011, 10:42:36 am »

That was a good idea, condensing the duel into a turn. ^^ I should probably do that for all single combatant fights over in SC IV as well, like Tarran's current fight.

Weary, bruised, and beaten, Sheltering Leaves pressed his palms together in front of his face and bowed low to Silent Fox. "Thank you, brother," he said. It always amazed him how humans could learn so fast. He was ancient by their standards, had had over one hundred years to practice and hone his craft, and yet Silent Fox, perhaps a fifth of his age, had matched him every step of the way. They truly are an enviable race. I feel as if I learned more from our duel than in the decade I spent training on my own. "Your skill humbles me," he said sincerely. "I hope that once our mission is completed we will have time to spar once more, and use the experience from our journeys here to learn more from each other."

Merame dropped down on his shoulders, nearly dropping him to a knee from the sudden weight and surprise... and that he was too weary to properly catch her. "Wow, that was cool! But ya shoulda used Monkey-style! He never would've seen it coming!" "I doubt leaping about like a silly primate would have done much good," he said quietly to the chatty monkey. "Awww... your name's Sheltering Leaves, not Stick in the Mud! Lighten up! Have some fun with yourself." Merame gave him a disapproving look, and scampered away to his pack to get an orange slice.

This she brought over to Silent Fox, making noises the whole time she was offering it to him which, after a few moments, made Leaf smile. "Merame likes you. Then again she likes anyone who hits me..." he said with a quiet laugh.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2011, 11:27:56 am »

In most cases, I'll run fights for about 6 rounds, unless you guys specifiy your either fighting to the death, or trying to retreat.
Also, new thing-NPC's talking are in green. woo!
-----

Swift Water walks up to Silent Fox and claps him on the back. Watching such a display of skill seems to have envigorated him somewhat. Excellent work, Intiate. You did well-do not despair at your loss, for you and he have both come out the stronger for it. I suggest you work on developing your strength-trickery and speed are valuable, but in the end, you'll need power to put down your enemies.

Swift Water then pays a visit to Sheltering Leaves. I'm impressed at your skill in the unarmed combat-there are few among the short lived races that put trust in their own two hands and feet over a long spear or a sturdy shield. Your balance of offense and defense is commendable-keep up the good work! And, if you ever feel like a real challenge, come see me when your skills have improved-I'm a master of the martial arts as well... He cracks his knuckles intimidatingly and laughs deeply.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2011, 12:01:24 pm »

Sheltering Leaves placed his fist against his palm and lowered his eyes to Swift Water's feet respectfully. "Thank you for the praise, Elder," he said, keeping his head inclined. "Would it be too forward of me to ask for training from you? Our mission may be dangerous and every bit of knowledge and experience we gain raises our chances of success," he said.

Come on, Charisma roll... *crosses fingers*

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2011, 12:15:28 pm »

He smiles. Well...I may have a few hours...

(Charisma Roll: 9, fail, Intelligence Roll:9, fail :( )

Swift Water is suddenly distracted by four messengers appearing behind him, as well an argument breaking out over strategy near the storage area, and a young Kai who has just woken up in his hospital bed screaming...and is that sound of a cave in?! nah, its just War Wind snoring.

Seems the lesson will have to wait, Sheltering Leaves. Just let me handle this thing...and this other thing...if we both get out of this, I'll be sure to owe you a lesson.

He turns away, harried-It's clear he's a little bit busy at the moment.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2011, 12:19:27 pm »

``Lone wanderer grunted as he stood up after being still for so long´´ "does anyone want to spar with me?"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2011, 12:24:59 pm »

Sheltered Leaves nodded in understanding. There were important things for the elder Kai to take care of as well. While that was happening, Lone Wanderer stood and also asked for a sparring partner. He turned to his fellow elf and thought about answering his challenge...

Giving someone else a chance to take Ahra up on it before I steal the opportunity. :3

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2011, 12:41:00 pm »

Other than his immediate teammates, Lone Wanderer sees a few others that are willing to duel him...a loudmouthed Dwarf, a Silent Lizardman, and a fancy Human wielding a rapier who seems to be...quite sure of himself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:42:31 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 110