Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85759 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 22, Spider Fighting
« Reply #435 on: June 13, 2011, 12:27:24 pm »

Mending Moon is the only ranged fighter here, so he's the only one who can hit her without suffering ill effects. The Hoplite deals and takes double damage if he's the last one standing, so you could either kill him before the matriarch or leave him for last and bank on kicking his ass quickly with the 2x damage effect on him. The enchantress, on the other hand, is going to keep sapping Agi and Str from everyone until she's dealt with, like poison.

@Ninja Dwarmin: Didn't know if it would or not since combat's going on, even if he's not directly involved in it. That's why I didn't try it last round.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 13, 2011, 12:28:19 pm »

Do we get boni if we use corny jokes and lame puns in combat?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 13, 2011, 12:30:33 pm »

Mending Moon is the only ranged fighter here, so he's the only one who can hit her without suffering ill effects. The Hoplite deals and takes double damage if he's the last one standing, so you could either kill him before the matriarch or leave him for last and bank on kicking his ass quickly with the 2x damage effect on him. The enchantress, on the other hand, is going to keep sapping Agi and Str from everyone until she's dealt with, like poison.

@Ninja Dwarmin: Didn't know if it would or not since combat's going on, even if he's not directly involved in it. That's why I didn't try it last round.

Technically, now, your out of combat, and everyone is fighting someone else. If you had tried it last round, they would probably killed you with an attack of opportunity.

Do we get boni if we use corny jokes and lame puns in combat?

@Ninja Darvi: Of course, if successfull, monsters attack you-they get that enrage effect.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:32:18 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 13, 2011, 12:33:29 pm »

Also make horrible dirty jokes.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 13, 2011, 12:38:22 pm »

Humm... what a shame. On one hand, I don't want to die. On the other hand, THAT JOKE'S TOO IRRESISTABLE!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 13, 2011, 12:39:05 pm »

Do it next turn or next time.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 13, 2011, 12:39:23 pm »

Do it, it's totally worth it. At least if you die the spider will feel like a tool forever.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 13, 2011, 12:45:11 pm »

And I will hopefully join sooner!  ;D

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 13, 2011, 12:47:49 pm »

I'll do it if I get an achievement for it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 13, 2011, 03:50:50 pm »

I can be generous with achievements, even in death. Especially so!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 13, 2011, 06:34:50 pm »

"But you're forgetting something. There's more elements than the traditional four, or light and darkness. There's also *takes an orb, and puts on some sunglasses* the element of surprise." *insanely overpowered fireball in the direction of the coven*

"Yeaaaaaaaah!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 22.5-Rise up! Fall down...
« Reply #446 on: June 13, 2011, 07:07:07 pm »

Turn 22.5

Actions
Sheltering Leaves: Order Merame to bring potion
Mending Moon: Shoot arrow at enchantress
Silent Fox: Use elemental sphere-fire, on Matchriarch
War Wind: Attack Hoplite

-------------------------
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Round 4
Battle is rejoined! War Wind charges the hoplite, who has moved into a defensive stance. He feints a blow, then slips in a quick slash to his enemies side, but it doesn't piece the thick armor! He draws back to avoid a counter attack, hissing.

Meanwhile, Mending Moon aims carefully and sends an arrow through the Enchantress formerly pretty face-as she collapses in a twitching heap, her true form reappears-more spider than Elf, it seems. She won't be adding any more trophies to her necklace. War Wind makes a comment to the Hoplite about impotent he is at defending his sisters. He calmly replies...

You killed her. The witch took my eyes for her necklace, and I have been embolden to her ever since. Normally, I would thank you, but her last orders were for me to take revenge on those who might kill her. A SLAVE OBEYS!

He charges at War Wind like an oversized draft horse, his longspear pointed at the Kai's heart.

Silent Fox, determined to conquer his foe, takes out an elemental sphere and murmurs the arcane enchantments required-he summons the blessed white fire into his staff, and leaps toward the matriarch, who grins and summons a pure shield of shadow magic to deflect him. Holy light meets utter darkness, and for a moment, they are equal. They each summon vast reserves of energy as the two competing elemental forces strive against one another...

Silent Fox stumbles! He is thrown back, impacting into the wall with a crunch. He tries to stand up again, but something is wrong. He can't move his limbs! Silent Fox has been cursed by the Matriarchs evil magic.

He hears her evil laughter. Any words he might said die in his throat. She steals his thunder!

No one can stand against the darkness without losing what's most important to them...in this case, your spirit. I can use it...it will amuse me to corrupt it, and perpetuate evil in your memory, foolish Kai.

She begins to chant again, summoning up a massive blast of energy, preparing to destroy Silent Foxes body and consume his soul as soon as the residual light fades.

At this point, Sheltering Leaves quietly rises, his wounds having healed by the timely use of a potion from Merame.

--------------
Light source: Silent Fox, Fire Sphere, -2 to shadow magic, 1 round left

Silent Fox -7 HP, afflicted with Lead Limbs curse (-3 agilty), he is immobilized, and will be coup-de-graced next round
Sheltering Leaves +14 HP

Spider-Elf Hoplite -1 HP
Spider-Elf Enchantress -7 HP, slain
Spider-Elf Matriarch -4 HP

--------------
Spoiler: Spider Elf Coven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC:

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 22.5 Rise up! Fall down...
« Reply #447 on: June 13, 2011, 07:09:29 pm »

Dodge hoplite, Save fox! Manuver myself so that he has to go around or through the matriarch to get me ;D

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 13, 2011, 07:23:12 pm »

Sheltering Leaves stood, his cool lost, his calm expression replaced by anger. Silently, he sprinted towards the Matriarch, leaping into the air to kick her in the back of the skull while she was focused totally on Silent Fox.

Mending Moon: >Distract Hoplite with an arrow to the face to help War Wind and Sheltering Leaves save Fox.

Merame: >Sneak up on the Hoplite and stab it with the poisoned kris.

EDIT: This turn title, that a reference to the Gears of War 1 end credits track? :3
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:25:30 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 13, 2011, 07:38:14 pm »

EDIT: This turn title, that a reference to the Gears of War 1 end credits track? :3

Choo choo! 3:

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 110