Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85758 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

...I was waiting to see if everyone wanted to be more specific once they saw the opposition. You know.

Whatever, rolling combat now!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

i think you burst into sc:s figting room.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 22-Spider Fighting!
« Reply #422 on: June 13, 2011, 11:32:12 am »

Turn 22

Actions
Sheltering Leaves: Be knocked out
Mending Moon: Shoot arrow at enchantress
Silent Fox: Random target, no order
War Wind: Breath fire on Hoplite

-------------------------

Silent Fox sixth sense roll for (1) round

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Round 1
The Hoplite scutters toward the source of new threat with an order from the matchriarch-he stabs at War Wind. The Drake grabs the shaft of it's spear a moment before it pierces his chest. His throat glows a dull red as his summons up his inner flame, which jets forth, light the Spider-Elfs skin on fire! The monster ignores the pain and continues to press his spear closer and closer...

Mending Moon nocks an arrow and fires at the enchantress... Direct hit! or not? He was sure he hit her, yet she shows no sign of injury. Damn! Her magic allows her to hide her true form...

Silent Fox realizes he's got no elements to work with! He deftly manipulates the last of the candle flame and shoots a tiny jet at the matriarch, who knocks it out of the way easily.

Pathetic human...the only elements in abundance here are shadows. Of which I am the mistress of.

She sends a bolt of pure agony at Silent Fox-it strikes him, and he grits his teeth, reminding himself it's all just an illusion..it's not real. Even if it feels real...

The Enchantress looks over the Kai thoughtfully, eventually choosing War Wind. He's ready for her though, deflecting an overhead blow from her staff and at the same time defending his mind against her. She hisses angrily, and for a second her disguise drops...it's not pretty.

The candle flickers out.

---------------
Light Sources: War Wind fire breath, -2 to shadow magic

War Wind, -3 HP
Silent Fox, -2 HP
Mending Moon, -1 arrow

Hoplite, -7 HP
Matchriarch, -3 HP
----------------

Round 2
The Hoplite and War Wind continue to struggle for possession of the spear, but neither makes any ground. Both of them dig in their heels as the battle rages around them...

The Matriarch and Silent Fox continue flinging spells, Silent Fox gathering up the last of War Winds flames and sending them toward her again-she spins her staff in a whirling arc, knocking most of away, and retaliates with a mental attack which sends him reeling-mentally and physically! He impacts with the floor roughly, but is on his feet in a second. He notices the light is fading...and he's got no more fire to throw-he'll have to use his element spheres. The Matriarches power, on the other hand, swells-he can feel it even from across the room.

Soon the darkness shall fall, and you will be my prey...

War Wind fends off another frantic attack from the Enchantress, as her mental claws dig into his mind. He feels himself slipping...when a well placed arrow from Moon pierces her side, causing the spider-elf to shriek in agony and breaking the connection, for the moment.

-----------------
Light Sources: None, +2 to shadow magic

War Wind, -1 agi/str
Silent Fox, -3 HP, -1 agi/str
Mending Moon, -1 arrow

Enchantress, -6 HP
Matchriarch, -2 HP
-----------------

Round 3
The battle continues at a frantic pace. War Wind effortlessly deflects a heavy spear thrust and smashes his shield into the enchantresses face. Her mental fury goes dark as Mending Moon nails her with another arrow-he's figured out the trick. She's just a few foot to the left of where she always *seems* to be, and at this range, it's hard to miss! It embeds itself in her spider hide, and dark blood pours from the wounrd

Silent Fox feels a humming energy gathering behind him as the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He rolls on instinct, dodging a misaimed blow from the matriarch, whose power is now at full in the darkness!

----------------
War Wind, +1 agi/str
Mending Moon, -1 arrow

Enchantress, -7 HP
----------------

The three combatants of each side break off for a moment and assess the situation.

The Kai seems to be winning-Silent Fox is stunned and hurt, and so is War Wind, but Mending Moon is unscathed and prepared for whatever comes next.

The Enchantress is badly wounded, and the Matriarch only moderately so-In the darkness, her powers could easily turn the battle in their favor... The Hoplite remains steadfast, but he's beginning to flag, and numerous small wounds are bleeding from where War Wind has dueled with him. Responding to an invisible order, he grunts and retreats, guarding the two females.

Kill them all! I want their skulls for my staff! the Matriarch shrieks...

Spoiler: Spider Elf Coven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: Well, any hard feelings.. I don't exactly like to have everyone autoattack random targets, especially when not attacking the right ones can hurt the team quite badly. I should have spaced the turn better though, so as to not let anyone feel left out. First time GM, remember?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:35:00 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Turn 22, Spider Fighting
« Reply #423 on: June 13, 2011, 11:41:47 am »

Hit the matriarch with my stick. Because I still have the element of surprise on my side.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 13, 2011, 11:42:35 am »

Finish off that hoplite, then go after the matriarch.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 13, 2011, 11:43:40 am »

Hit the matriarch with my stick. Because I still have the element of surprise on my side.

And your elemental spheres...remember your starting bonus for taking magicka?

-5 enchanted glass Spheres that contain an extremely potent version of whatever element you wish, blessed and purified by the Kai Lords themselves, that gives a +3 to spells cast with it, with a single use each-refilled after every mission-

Really, go crazy. Fire/Water/Wind/Earth etc

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 13, 2011, 11:44:44 am »

FIRE DARVI, FIRE!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 13, 2011, 11:45:31 am »

Light dispels darkness ;)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 13, 2011, 11:46:08 am »

HEART!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 13, 2011, 11:46:49 am »

Light dispels darkness ;)
Fire makes light ;D

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 13, 2011, 11:55:22 am »

Use the power or EARTH, FIRE, WIND, WATER, and HEART to become CAPTAIN PLANET and smite those evildoers with GREAT JUSTICE!

alt. Use one of the orbs to turn my staff into a flaming sword of sorts. Then strike for great justice!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 13, 2011, 11:56:26 am »

Turn the matriarch back to the light. Literally. With fire. ;D

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 13, 2011, 11:59:00 am »

>Keep on the Enchantress; once she dies it'll be easy to take out the other two.

And for Merame, if that'll work...

>Force Leaf to drink his Lampsur potion.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 13, 2011, 12:00:15 pm »

Nono, matriarch and the hoplite first. The enchantress by herself isn't dangerous. And that hoplite gets supercharged if he's the laso one standing.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 13, 2011, 12:26:29 pm »

>Keep on the Enchantress; once she dies it'll be easy to take out the other two.

And for Merame, if that'll work...

>Force Leaf to drink his Lampsur potion.

Was wondering when you would figure that out. ;)

The enchantress is only dangerous if you face her directly in melee. War Wind is concentrated on the hoplite right now, Mending Moon is firing arrows from afar, and Silent Fox is having a magic duel with the Matriarch.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 110