Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85728 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 20-Webs
« Reply #390 on: June 10, 2011, 08:13:23 am »

I already did. Check your character history tab...

...only a day into his mission to investigate the source of trouble in Esteros, he was forced to sacrifice himself to let his brothers escape-he was captured by the enemy. Current whereabouts, unknown....
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 11, 2011, 02:12:23 am »

Hey, just to let you know, I'm going on a camping road trip for a week, so I'm probably not going to be around.  I'll need to either be autoed, or have a sub.  My apologies for the short notice.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 11, 2011, 02:36:26 am »

Hummmm...

Follow the others, provide backup with my 6th sense in case of ambush.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 11, 2011, 09:00:40 am »

Hey, just to let you know, I'm going on a camping road trip for a week, so I'm probably not going to be around.  I'll need to either be autoed, or have a sub.  My apologies for the short notice.

I'll probably have you captured by the Spider-Elfs after the battle...lol

To the pit with you! *waves scepter*

Anyone want to take control of Mending Moon before the duration of the battle? I mean, if he comes back before it's over, he can keep playing.

Of course, if you guys want Frelock to stay in as an NPC, or are willing to wait for him to come back, I'm fine with that. He is your healer after all. I'm trying to maintain the five players at a time rule though, for now. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 11, 2011, 02:59:56 pm »

Turn 21

Actions
Sheltering Leaves: The first spider to attack was going to get hit with a Mystical Flash.
Mending Moon: Left. Now. hurry.  Heal Leaf when I get there.
Silent Fox: Follow the others, provide backup with my 6th sense in case of ambush.
War Wind: Follow leaves

-------------------------
Sheltering Leaves
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sheltering Leaves orders Merame to run-forgetting that she has no way to open the door herself...he prepares himself for battle, summoning his mystical flash...The Kai warriors hands begin to glow a pale blue.

The first to come within view of his light is Spider-Elf Hoplite. His legs are like a tarantulas, but the upper body is like an Elf, but pale skin and stark white hair. Close inspection reveals his eyes have been removed...He drops the ground with a heavy thud, behind the Kai.

The warrior that stands behind Sheltering Leaves is an armored monstrosity-his upper body is covered by a thick lamellar armor and layers of protective spidesilk padding, while underneath all eight of his spidery legs are covered in thick slabs of metal. He wields a wickedly barbed longspear in one hand, and a round shield with a symbol of a spider web in the other. Despite this, he seems not to be slowed down much the weight of all his armor...he moves to block Sheltering Leaves from escaping.

Sheltering Leaves hears another stealthy skitter to his left, as the younger of the two females Spider-Elves descends from above. This one appears to have all the beauty and radiance of one noble born, yet also seems fallen from grace-it's an intoxicating mix. Her good looks are only partially ruined by her spider body-which resembles a black widow, naturally...Sheltering Leaves finds it difficult to look at her directly without feeling a powerful, unnatural attraction toward her. Clearly, since she intends to devour him, this must be an enchantment. Remembering a trick to deal with fey magic, Sheltering Leaves looks at her from the corner of his eyes...that view, stripped of all her illusions, shows the true horror that hides underneath.

She wears a loose robe of shimmering silk to better accentuate her body, and wields a staff with one blade on each end-it's a clumsy weapon, but it allows her to defend and attack with equal ease. She wears a necklace that looks like stringed white pearls at first glance, but stripped of illusion, it's seen to be a string of humanoid eyes...

The Witch that drops down from a thick line of spider silk last of all in front of him, hides behind no illusions or armor. Her eyes are dead black, her skin is like moon dust, and her hair is white as fresh fallen snow. She looks upon you with disdain, not unlike you would look upon a squirming insect that found it's way into your boot.

Like the honored Elder, the others pay her visible respect, and she radiates dark and wild power. She quickly gives orders-now in her own chittering spider tounge-to the others, and they obey without question. She wears an unadorned leather vest with spidersilk underarmor, and wields a ebon staff made from the spine of humanoid, topped with the several Goblin skulls, attached with spider lines and made to rattle when shook. She mumbles a few arcane words and shakes her staff, and opens the battle with a blast of pure shadow magic from it's tip! Sheltering Leaves bravely stands his ground and takes the blast full force...he is forced back a step as the eldritch magic saps his strength. Dark lines begin to blur his vision.

Behind him, the waiting spear of the armored warrior....as the weapon comes down, Sheltering Leaves leaps up, landing on the spear shaft. Before the beast can recover, he nimbly walks it's length and delivers a powerful mystical flash to the creatures unarmored, eyeless face. The flash brightens the room and weakens the matchriarch's aura of shadow power, somewhat.

He leaps away as the Spider-Elf stumbles away, holding it's face in agony. Now where was the the...

Sheltering Leaves is bashed from behind from the flat end of Spider-Elf Enchantress's bladed staff. He crashes to the ground, his weariness finally taking it's toll. He rolls over, and her beautiful, terrible visage meets his.

Do you like what you see? Good...because, it's the last sight you'll ever know...

She raises her clawed hand to remove Sheltering Leaves left eye to add to her trophy necklace...and at that moment, his three friends burst in from the adjoining room. The candle, still lit where Sheltering Leaves dropped it, flickers briefly.

Spider Elf Hoplite -9 HP
Sheltering Leaves -3 HP, knocked out for duration of battle (can attempt to get back up, but the next time you fall it would be fatal)

Light Sources: 1 lit candle, 1 rounds of light remaining, -2 to shadow magic
1 Round remaining, Mystical Flash, Shadow Magic -2 to shadow magic

Spoiler: Spider Elf Coven (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: All right, since you guys would probably get a total party kill here without a light source with my current rules, I'll take away any combat penalties in darkness-Mending Moon will actually get a bonus in these conditions, and everyone else will fight like normal.

Also! Vote time-who wants to take control of Mending Moon for the battle while he's on vacation? SeriousConcentrate is a good candidate, since he's down for the count anyway...also, do you want him to stay on as NPC, or get Riccto in from the waiting list?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:25:32 pm by Dwarmin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The silk is flammable right?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

test it
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The silk is flammable right?

Good question. Researching...

Somewhat. Apparently, spider webs will shrivel when exposed to heat, but not burn. You wouldn't be able to use if a prolonged light source.

Note, there's actually a living Kai warrior (Or two) trapped in the web. You could get them out...or yourselves, if someone gets webbed. As long you don't light them on fire. :)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fire breath on the hoplite.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I'll just post suggestions for him, I don't really wanna play his character since I'd have a different interpretation that would most likely not match up to his. :-\

>Shoot the Enchantress.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

I'm assuming my character is waiting excitedly in the web? Oh. And I should go about putting up an actual character sheet also. Hm.

Kai Name: Trembling Peak
Race:Dwarf
Disciplines:Weapon Mastery : Dwarven Wrestling, Mind Shield
Starting Weapon:Dwarven Wrestling Gloves (?)

-Stats-
Strength: 5
Endurance: 6
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 3

Bio/Physical Appearance/Personality: A Dwarf easily recognized for his shock of orange hair that he keeps in a mohawk and his his stout frame covered in tatoo's reserved for warrior and beserker classes, Despite his flamboyant appearence he is strikingly calm both in and out of combat due to his Kai training and see's about working his problems slowly and methodically in a similar manner that he works his joint locks.
(I feel like I dont know enough about the universe to make a good statement on history)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 05:42:20 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If Frelock doesn't get back in time, you'll be up there with IronyOwl.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Awww... I was hoping to get in, but it appears that I'm not that lucky.  :( Oh well...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Well, maybe if somebody else gets eaten during the battle. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Considering Leaf is at 0 HP that's likely, Irony.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 110