Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85743 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 16-Never split the party!
« Reply #345 on: June 05, 2011, 09:42:52 am »

...time!

I guess I should make a rule-to avoid all problems of IC knowledge VS metagaming when the party is split, you all have a low level psionic link between brothers that can tell you if each other are in general danger. So, Mending Moon would know Sheltering Leaf is in need of some medical attention, for example.

It's maaaagic! *handwave*

Anyway, how do you guys think I'm doing so far as a GM? Anybody disgruntled yet? :-\
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 05, 2011, 10:35:11 am »

i think youre great, great system combined with random things (again the big ugly lizard stuck thing).  :)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 05, 2011, 06:50:17 pm »

Quickly apply the medical bandage to War Wind, then, feeling the disturbance in the force, run into the building to sheltering leaves.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 06, 2011, 02:25:40 pm »

Look for whatever the guy might have been guarding.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 17-Interlude
« Reply #349 on: June 06, 2011, 03:20:52 pm »

Turn 17

Actions
Sheltering Leaves: Search acolyte
Mending Moon: Help Sheltering Leaves
Silent Fox:Investigate door
War Wind:Remove arrow

-------------------------
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sheltering Leaves quickly searches the young mans robes, and he finds a long blue vial...that's been shattered, apparently by the rough fall. All the precious anti-toxin is dribbled out uselessly onto the floor. Attached to the rim with string is a slip of paper is a single written word-"I'm sorry"...apparently his final act of redemption was all for nothing. Depressing. At least you know what the antidote looks like.

He contacts Merame and asks her is she's found anything. Her response is not good...Merames panic is clouding the animal bond they share, and while she see's many different bottles, she can't tell which is which. She is afraid of choosing too slow, but more afraid of choosing the wrong thing...Sheltering Leaves tries to talk her through, trying to see through her eyes and guide her, but both the damaged link and the poison's deadly effects interrupt him.

The poison burns within! Sheltering Leaves drops into a meditative stance, trying to redirect his bodies energy to defend against the poison, but it barely slows it...he momentarily blacks out, as Mending Moon enters the basement to treat him...

(Sheltering Leaves -3 HP, Poisoned, unknown, taking 3 HP damage for 2 turns)

------------------
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Feeling two distinct threats to your friends in your mind at once, you make a snap decision to go and help Sheltering Leaves. You quickly apply dressings to War Winds wound to stop the immediate bleeding, but it will have to be looked at in depth later...

(-1 medical bandage, War Wind +1 HP)

He scrambles out from the cover of the grave, and thankfully, the sniper seems to be reloading...Mending Moon runs as fast as he can, through the entryway and down the stairs. He spies the Two Kai, and the body of a young acolyte-he also see's the weapon on the floor. Thinking fast, he gingerly raises the blade and smells it...It's Shade Cap poison. He would know-the deadly mushrooms are known to be cultivated by underground races and used either for risky dining ventures-it's not nearly as lethal to them-or as a poison to use on overworlders, since they have little knowledge about it.

(Poison Identified: Shade Cap, 3d3 HP damage/round, Underground races get +3 end to resist)

Mending Moon has no miracle cure ready, but he can help him fight it off-he concentrates, laying his hand on his brothers wound, and lending his powers. He feels the poison abate, a bit. He has helped Sheltering Leaves as much as he can-he feels his brother will survive, if a bit worse for the wear.

(Sheltering Leaves, Shade Cap poison -1 round duration)

Silent Fox, at ease now that Sheltering Leaves will survive, turns and investigates the door. As he suspected the lanugage is ancient-Shadaki, even. The race of God-men that supposedly existed on Magnamund before all others. The only words he can make out are "Prison", "Hope" and "Gate". Intriguing.

You all suddenly feel as if War Wind is in dire trouble-Mending Moon mentions outside, that...
------------------

War Wind VS Acolyte Sniper

Mending Moon quickly stops your bleeding and rushes off to help Sheltering Leaves. Your somewhat conflicted, now that your out here alone...with an insane crossbow wielding witch hunting you down...War Wind feels her mental powers find a chink in his mind, and writhes in pain! He knows the acolyte will soon find a way to flank him...he's going to need some help here. He grunts and tears the heavy bolt out of shield, ridding it of the dead weight.

War Wind is taking cover behind the headstone, and cannot be targeted by ranged attacks.
Arrow removed from shield
+1 HP gained, cover being exposed in (2) turns

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: Snarf snarf. Taricus is in trouble. :3
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:57:08 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 06, 2011, 03:22:46 pm »

My danger senses are tingling. Lets see what War Wind is up to!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 06, 2011, 03:23:01 pm »

Psychic counterassault. (You know how ;D)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 06, 2011, 03:31:37 pm »

Too bad you didn't take either Mind Blast or Mind Shield :P

Wind might not be able to hurt her, but he can interrupt her mental attack...with some luck. Your Kai training covers all disciplines, even the ones you didn't master yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2011, 03:32:19 pm »

Really, I just want to send her insane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2011, 03:33:24 pm »

Really, I just want to send her insane.

She's already quite far along on that account.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 06, 2011, 03:35:02 pm »

Off the edge then.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 06, 2011, 03:38:27 pm »

Leaf decided to take it slow for the moment. He closed his eyes and meditated, specifically on the poison in his body. Maybe he could neutralize it through force of will alone. Probably not, but I'd like to attempt an END roll all the same. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 06, 2011, 03:43:14 pm »

Leaf decided to take it slow for the moment. He closed his eyes and meditated, specifically on the poison in his body. Maybe he could neutralize it through force of will alone. Probably not, but I'd like to attempt an END roll all the same. :3

I actually rolled for that

(Sheltering leaves Endurance roll, resist poison=10, fail....lolwth)

If you had succeeded, you would have lowered it's turn duration by one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 06, 2011, 03:45:44 pm »

I meant get rid of it entirely. :P I knew about the END roll to slow it...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 06, 2011, 03:46:42 pm »

It will go away, since you will have reduced it's duration to 0-no damage!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 110