Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85458 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 56.5 Pick your Poison
« Reply #1620 on: September 06, 2011, 01:31:59 am »

"Well, if need be, we can always follow the roars of the Rex. I just hope we can find him first though."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: September 06, 2011, 01:49:45 am »

"I don't particularly fancy the idea of fighting frogmen or a giant Rex." Blade Singer was getting ready to leave on the boat too, of course. "Not to say we couldn't take some walking frogs, but..." He shrugged. "I was never one for words when something needs to be done. Shall we cast off?"
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: September 06, 2011, 03:30:05 pm »

Silver Tree clambered screamed at the top of his voice "Come out Great Beast, and fight me, or are you to weak to stand against a lone Sprite of the Forest !!!" Thoughts ran through his head as he talked to himself silently "If I can lure it out to fight me then I can dodge out of the way, and get the T-Rex to fight it in place of me at which time I will slip away, and run as fast as I can in the opposite direction, but if that fails then I will stay here, and fight both of them until I die, so that they will fight over which one gets to eat me." He quickly looked at the trees, and once again thought "If I am to die here I ask only that the Forest forgive me o' Mother of Nature I am sorry for the crimes, I a servant to you, have strayed from my path. Please forgive me, and show mercy on my soul when I pass on to the afterlife."

With that Silver Tree drew his weapons, and took up a battle ready stance preparing for the monster to come, and attack him. "This is indeed a horrible place to die, but at least in this way I repay the Forest for my sins, and pay my peoples debt to the Kai." He then raised his voice once again yelling "Now come o' Great Beast, and may the Forest Spirits show forgiveness on your soul if one resides within you !!"

Follow the plan laid out above.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments
« Reply #1623 on: September 10, 2011, 07:56:03 pm »

Turn 57

Sheltering Leaves rewards the snakemen with a small bow-they just shrug their serpentine shoulders and go back to their drinks

Pressing Tide smiles and asks the batmen about their belts.

The twin batman blink their overlarge eyes in a way that's almost comedic. They seem surprised your talking to them...the Batman way of speech is soft, polite, rapid and oddly lyrical.

"Yes! Belts good for lots things, holding, storing, keeping...tools and weapons, hidden away, not to be seen. Poison, bomb-a's, pins and shooters, needles, slicers, bashers, cutters, glue...lots of nice things, for defending you. You like belts? We do too. Maybe you want buy, Batmen love to sell!"

They indicate that they do brisk business outfitting civilized cave dwelling peoples in many corners of the underworld-and, that if so inclined, they may consider offering their services to you in the future, if you ever visit again.

The Kai make small talk-time is a precious resource, and they get agitated as it seems their ride is slightly late...eventually, though, the bell is rung, and they depart the bar, having earned a token amount of respect...

((Encounter Roll 7 VS Fate Roll 3, lucky!))

They are introduced to their boatman- a Cave Crocodileman named "Jango." He seems to be crafty, and experienced handling his craft. Physically, he's fairly impressive-seven feet of claws, muscles, pale leathery skin, red eyes and a big mouth full of well used razor sharp teeth. Strangely, he doesn't have a speech impediment like many reptilians-Jango seems to have gone to trouble to correct it, for what reason only he would know. He carries no weapon or armor-maybe he doesn't need them?

"Sorry about the delay friends.." he says, holding up the torn off end of a purple tentacle which is familiar to Sheltering Leaves. "That one-eye Monster's always trying to eat me, but he was off his game today. I think something spooked him-doubt he'll bother us anymore, for awhile at least."

Together, you pile in a wide, flat bottomed boat, and everyone takes an oar...

The trip is almost uneventful. Jango steers the Kai past the more obvious dangers, such as rapids, whirlpools, rocks and embankments-and of the more subtle ones, such submerged boat net traps set by local bandits to ensare fishermen, hanging choker vines, explosive spores and fissures of superheated water.

Jango makes a note of looking into the water now and again for submerged foes.

"Seems the Cave Carp are sleeping today...lucky us, eh...oy, and there's the dock."

He points ahead-looks like a frogman construction, and a dozen of the small green frog people can be seen milling about, fixing boats and nets, and cleaning fish to be shipped to their villages. Once they see *you* however, they drop whatever their doing and barricade themselves inside an outhouse looking structure. Pressing Tide spots several viewport hatches open up, and can see nocked arrows behind them.

"Oh Jreengus, someone must a' riled them up today. Paranoid little buggers have shot up my boat more than a few times. You Kai want-a try to disembark here, and talk with em? Or maybe just hit the shore and move on, they're not like as to be very..

..helpful...also, you hired the boat for the day, but that means you also got me. Jango'll go with you if you like. I can talk to the frogmen-not get them to listen to me-but I can understand what they're saying. Not bad in a scrape either...you know?"

Jangos placid, yet oddly expressionless face somehow conveys an attitude of restrained excitement. He might be stretching the truth a bit, just to get the chance to go along with you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver Tree screams at the top of his lungs.

"Come out Great Beast, and fight me, or are you to weak to stand against a lone Sprite of the Forest!"

There is a pause...bold words tend to have extreme consquences...not a minute later, Silver Tree hears a horrible liquidy sound that frightens him and makes him sick-it's like a lunatic squeezing his own infected wound, the mind raves-and he sees a mass to tentacles and slime begin to emerge from the hole above him....

A few moments later the Cave Tyrannosaur Mother emerges from the bush, breathing heavily from the exertion of the chase...

((Silver Tree Agility Roll=5, pass))

Silver Tree disappears from sight-as he planned, the two monsters, intent on him spot each other. He's not sticking around to watch though.

The Sprite runs-he can hear a dire battle unfolding behind him, but he's not interested in the outcome...all he cares is that he has survived for now...

Silver Tree hides behind an old mushroom stump, and nearly passes out from exhaustion, but he manages to keep his wits about him. The creatures are still fighting...but now the sounds from the Mother Cave T-rex are more pained than defiant. No one will blame Silver Tree for saving himself, but has he sacrificed her life to feed that abomination?

[
Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:46:10 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: September 10, 2011, 08:10:11 pm »

Silver Tree hisses through his teeth, and yells "Damn it !!" before pulling out the Potion, and drinking enough to heal his wounds. He then turned, and raced in the direction where the beast, and T-Rex were fighting for even if it was to save his life he could not run, and let the Beast kill that Bird without much of a fight. As he raced onward he drew out his fighting sticks, and said "Well this ought to be one hell of a fight even though I am most likely going to die. I will go into this willingly, and do my best to aid the T-Rex in its effort to kill the Beast for maybe in this way he can finally be forgiven for breaking the rules of his people. His thoughts ran through his head quickly "I made a promise to that village that I would free them from this Beast, and keep their children safe, and I will do that even if it costs me my life !!". When he arrived he would dive at the Great Beast, and attack it full force putting everything he had into the attack hoping to catch it of guard, and to allow the T-Rex to wound it. He would also communicate to the T-Rex with his mind saying "I will aid you in this fight as payment for my stupidity of crossing onto your land, and daring to what I had planned. I hope that you can forgive me for what I had planned, and what I have done, and if not then the only way I can repay you is to fight this Beast until you, and I slay it, or I die."

Go back, and aid the T-Rex in the fight against the Beast

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: September 10, 2011, 08:17:42 pm »

"I'm sure we have some use for you, Jango," Pressing Tide said, admiring his ring, "Just be careful to get out of the way if it gets too dangerous.

Anyway, let's ask the frogmen what spooked them, and if they've seen a giant T-Rex recently."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: September 10, 2011, 08:42:14 pm »

Ummm... Adwarf, if the beast can handle a T-rex with no real problem, what chance do you alone have? I wouldn't go back if I were you...

Moltern Heart looked curiously at the ring that Pressing Tide was looking at. He recognised it as the ring that 'made one pretty' from kirknak's store. He had that sinking feeling in his stomach again... But now was not the time. He would have to investigate later.

"I'm sure he knows what to do in a fight, we just have to be careful that we don't get shot first. I say we should pull over to the shore by the villiage instead of docking."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: September 10, 2011, 08:55:19 pm »

Yeah, I'm not too certain of our chances of killing it/helping him. :-\ Gotta try though, and maybe we'll luck out in that the T-Rex will injure it enough that we can defeat it.

Leaves shrugged. "Whichever allows us to depart quicker," he said. "We might have to retreat if they prove hostile, and even if they are not, the sooner we can get moving the better. We're on a time limit, after all," he said. None of the other Kai here really knew about it since he was the only one remaining of the original five, but they had to investigate and report as soon as possible, before a war broke out. If the others wanted to take it to mean a time limit to find Silver Tree, well, that worked too. The more time they took to find him the lower the chances of finding him alive were.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: September 10, 2011, 09:01:53 pm »

"Might be quicker to go through them than retreat," Tide said, waving his hand dismissively. "I'm sure they scatter easily enough."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: September 10, 2011, 09:34:46 pm »

I need to act like my character since I have already strayed quite a bit earlier from this character, but if we get lucky me, and the T-Rex can hold out until you guys arrive, and we can win. (Though I most likely might get killed, or wounded greatly it must be done !)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: September 10, 2011, 09:35:34 pm »

If nothing else, maybe he'll get some free attacks on it.

Except, he lost his bow, so... uh...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: September 10, 2011, 09:36:43 pm »

If nothing else, maybe he'll get some free attacks on it.

Except, he lost his bow, so... uh...
I will be forced to engage it hand-to- ... uhhhhh ...... tentacle combat

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: September 10, 2011, 09:46:29 pm »

dude. this is the same level of probably suicidal principles that killed me in dwarmins dragon rtd, hope you get luckier.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: September 10, 2011, 11:50:18 pm »

"I am not afraid of a fight, but I am wary of a potential ambush if we dock with the village."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: September 11, 2011, 12:12:38 am »

"The more the merrier, Jango. I suppose we should try to reason with the frogmen if we can...I'll leave that up to someone else, though."
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110