Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85454 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 56 Silver Tree must die
« Reply #1605 on: September 01, 2011, 09:17:13 pm »

Pressing Tide sauntered up to the deep dwarf. He supposed they should get on with the boat or somesuch, but they probably still had time. Awesome people always did.

"Excuse me, might I ask what brings you here?" he asked the dwarf, smiling disarmingly as he sat down. Surely he'd be thrilled to have such an awesome person chatting with him.

"To be honest I don't know much about deep dwarves, could you tell me? I've heard other kinds are renowned for their crafts, is that true of deep ones also?" He idly wondered if this one could hook him up with some awesome crafts or something.

He also grabbed a Cave Dragon Spleen Juice, if the on-the-house limit was per person. It sounded interesting!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: September 01, 2011, 09:56:35 pm »

I am convinced, our companions ARE trying to kill themselves.  :-\

WHHYYYYYYY?!?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: September 01, 2011, 09:58:16 pm »

Deep dwarf because ring.

Spleen juice because ring. Alright that's a lie, it just sounds fun. Might turn into Fun, especially with 3 Endurance, but what's life without adventure? :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: September 01, 2011, 10:07:08 pm »

Well, you are about to experience life without a working liver in a moment. And I can see why where the ring is involved.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: September 01, 2011, 11:23:53 pm »

Well, you are about to experience life without a working liver in a moment. And I can see why where the ring is involved.

Real men don't need livers. We grab life by the balls!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: September 05, 2011, 07:29:37 am »

-Quick Turn-

Sheltering Leaves brazenly approaches the Snakemen guards, who hiss and extend their crests at him. He's not impressed.

"Has there been any trouble lately?" He asks.

The one in the middle of the trio speaks up quickly, in common, but with a ssssserpentine hissss. :P

"What'sssss it to you? We heard a loud booming a few hourssss ago, that'ssss all. Apparently...Sssshakkalka Arg U Gorld Unk Krassss....issss looking for ssssssomeone...heh heh heh! No one hassss esssscaped her bite!

The Snakes hiss and laugh at your friends misfortune. You would like to teach them some manners....but this might not be the time nor place.

================================================================================================
=================================================================================================

Molten Heart and Pressing Tide went to the speak to the Deep Dwarf-Pressing Tide making sure to order Cave Dragon Spleen Juice. What killed mortals, Pressing Tide would laugh at!

They greeted pretty much the same way.

"Greetings earth brother. Do you mind if I ask if you have seen anything strange lately? I hear tales about a foul smelling beast..."
"Excuse me, might I ask what brings you here?"

The Deep Dwarf stares him down. Then he speaks in a soft voice, tempered by the quiet tunnels he lives in. "Wot? Oh, dey say a foul smelling beastie be snatching up chillluns and ol' people. That's why I'm here. Oflgrad Palestone's my name. Monsta hunta by trade. You fellows just stray outta mah way, I'll ave' the beastie killed un skinned quick like. No one's eatin' into mah reward ya hear? Not even green cloaks, eh. Best stay outta my way, lads."

He glares at you balefully, apparently worried you'll steal his "Reward". Who knew there was a bounty on this creature?

Pressing Tide, smiling confidently!

"To be honest I don't know much about deep dwarves, could you tell me? I've heard other kinds are renowned for their crafts, is that true of deep ones also?"

"Ayuh, you could say that. We Deep Dwarfs live furtha under ground-we get the better metals, and we don't care how pretty ar' armor looks. Down in the deeps, everythin' you make, you use ta survive...

================================================================================================
=================================================================================================

Pressing Tide then excuses himself-the smell of fresh Brimstone means his drink is done-and takes a seat beside Blade Singer. in the center of the bar. Apparently, it's a rare occasion.

The bartender helpfully dusts off the blackened bone ash from the bar with his rag, from last person who tried to drink the Cave Dragon Spleen Juice, and hands them each a steaming mug.

"Enjoy, ar?"

Blade Singer takes a look at his drink. It looks like a combination of molten lava and sulfuric acid-along with cayenne pepper and a little lemon...is that nutmeg? It even has a little adamantine Umbrella in the mug, the only material that can withstand melting within it's fiery depths. Fabulous!

The bartender stands back a few feet. Everyone does. Bottoms up?

((Silver Tree Agi Roll, to escape 1+3=4, pass))

Silver Trees small size allows him to compress and contort his body, until the ropes literally fall right off him. Bingo! He immediately hears the hiss of several arrows flying in his general direction.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He ducks, and two quivering shafts strike the pole behind him! Wasting no more time, Silver Tree takes off running in the direction of the catacombs...he runs. The Frogman deign to pursue, and fade back into the swamp.

A short time later-the mother is getting closer, as he begins to approach the cliffside he used to descend into this place. He realizes he might be in a worse position now. The tentacled monster is intelligent-something he would known if he had questioned the Ogre villagers like Sheltering Leaves-and is no where to be seen.

If he has a plan to draw it out, he'd better do it quick. The Mother Rex is rapidly closing in on him. He could climb the wall and be safe from her...but then the tentacled beast may be waiting for him in the den.

If it's a choice of which stomach to reside in, Silver Tree thinks, that's not much of a choice at all!

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 56.5 Pick your Poison
« Reply #1611 on: September 05, 2011, 07:51:07 am »

If the drink melts those two I'm so taking those umbrellas to sell. Even a small amount of adamantine's gotta be worth something. :3

Leaves had the :-\ expression as the Snakemen mentioned what he assumed was the T-Rex after Silver Tree. "I see. Can you tell me what direction this was coming from? A friend of mine disappeared into the wilderness recently and I have reason to believe that this Shakkalka Arg U Gorld Unk Kras may be after him," he said, trying to pronounce the name correctly.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: September 05, 2011, 10:47:18 am »

Moltern Heart had a bad feeling about those mugs. This was compounded when everyone stepped away from the mugs. Time to intervene, he thought. Moltern Heart promptly walks over to the two mug bearing idiots, and promptly snatches away both mugs, handing them back to the innkeeper.

"This is no time to be drinking. Our friend is in peril, and you two want to get drunk? Shameful, most shameful of you both. If you really want these, we shall take them 'to go' as the humans put it. But I will carry the liqour, lest you two decide to sneak a drink."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: September 05, 2011, 11:27:06 am »

Blade Singer actually looked rather disappointed, but stood up and nodded. "...Fair enough. I'm taking mine to go, though."
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: September 05, 2011, 04:57:55 pm »

Uh. Yeah. Maybe not such a good idea.

"...well, perhaps that's for the best. Now, what was this about Silver Tree getting into trouble?"

Glancing back to the deep dwarf, he made one last inquiry: "By the way, would you mind telling me where I might find the nearest deep dwarven settlement? I'm on a rather important journey at the moment, but I might like to visit it one day."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: September 05, 2011, 07:54:46 pm »

-Quick Turn-

Sheltering Leaves asks the snakes about what direction the creature was in.

They pause for a hit, hissing in their own language. The leader nods in your direction. "Northwesssst. Toward the village of the Frogmen. If you take a boat down river, you'll ssssse there frogman dockssss in ten or twenty or thirty minutessss. They're not very....friendly though! Tough little buggerssss..."

Sheltering Leaves gets the idea that Silver Tree, with his general lack of common sense, may have run into some trouble meeting these creatures.

Molten Heart helpfully order the drinks "to-go". The bartender seems offended.

"Waste-ar! Good drinks...ar! 10 koinz for take out."

He pays, and the bartender pours both drinks into a small brass cauldron cauldron and secures the lid, handing it to Molten Heart.

"Careful opening, yes-ar?" Well, that's not a very nice look about him at all

Pressing Tide directs some questions toward the Pale Dwarf.

"Oh? Hammadank Cove-Fort. If you sail up rivar, you would reach it in a week. We don't appreciate strangers like you though. Eh? Wots up with the eyes? Did yer mudder mate with a Basilisk-er a Cockatrice? Which way did she swing?"

He bursts out laughing, spraying stale plump helmet wine in Pressing Tides face.

The bartenders rings a bell. Boat arrival in 10 minutes. (next turn!)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: September 05, 2011, 07:58:02 pm »

Sheltering Leaves nodded. "Thank you. You've been most helpful." He gave the Snakemen a small bow and returned to his allies. "It appears that Silver Tree passed this way and headed along the river to a Frogman village. With any luck we'll meet up with him there on our way to fight the monster," he reported.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: September 05, 2011, 10:18:37 pm »

Wiping his face off, Pressing Tide left the obviously jealous dwarf to his musings, likely about how awesome it was to meet someone like Tide.

Preparing to leave with the boat, he spared a moment to approach the batmen.

"Pardon me, but those are some fascinating belts. I don't mean to pry, but what is it exactly that you do with them?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: September 05, 2011, 11:33:07 pm »

"Sorry, but I'm thinking of the greater good for the moment. I'm sure the drinks are still wonderful, but I appoligise for taking away your entertainment."

Moltern Heart carefully puts the cauldron inside his pack, making sure the lid is fastened tight. It would be bad if this stuff melted any of his equipment. Maybe he could use it for melting locks or chains? In the meantime though, he decides to talk with his fellow kai.

"So sheltering-leaves, the snakemen say he went downstream? Sounds like he got picked up by the frogmen. What do we do when we get to the village? I dout the frogmen will be hospitable, they have almost always been hostile in my recollection."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: September 06, 2011, 12:20:39 am »

Leaves looked down and scratched the back of his head. "...Honestly, I'm not sure what. I don't really want to 'beat the information out of them' but if they refuse to tell us where he went, I may have to resort to violence. I hope we can play on their hostility to make them give us the information just to get us out of their hair. Figuratively speaking, of course." Frogmen didn't have hair, naturally. "My first priority is making sure he's all right. He's young and inexperienced, in need of guidance." That much Leaves was sure of. Also, he was a woodland being as well, and therefore Sanera felt a closer kinship to him than the other Kais, except for Lone Wanderer. "Once we find him... one way or the other... we'll move on to fight the tentacle monster. If we're lucky all five of us will make it out." Leaves leaned on the wall carefully so as not to disturb Merame and watched her sleep for a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110