Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85478 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 55, Triumph!
« Reply #1575 on: August 26, 2011, 05:44:16 pm »

I guess the real question is whether we want the necklace or one of the kobold's magic rings. For now I'll hang onto it, though.

One more question: Should I get two rolls of bat leather for later crafting, or the cheap "make you pretty" ring?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: August 26, 2011, 07:27:46 pm »

Probably bat leather unless you want to be ~FABULOUS~.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: August 26, 2011, 08:08:27 pm »

I would get neither. Keep your coins and necklace for now.

"Indeed, I shall leave to find the sprite. My elemental companion may be of some use, asking the rocks if they have seen which way he went. I have a feeling that he has gotten himself in trouble since the last time we heard of him."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: August 26, 2011, 10:02:40 pm »

"I'll accompany you." Cue epic cloak swish. "I wish to test my gift. Lead the way."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: August 26, 2011, 10:27:28 pm »

When am I next going to have a chance to spend ogre currency, though?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: August 26, 2011, 10:35:07 pm »

Probably not any time soon. I'd use it all now.

"Very well. Sheltering Leaves, if you would be so kind as to get our mind bending friend? We may require his services soon. Let us ask the ogres where our forest dwelling friend has gone to."

Ask the ogre guards if they know which way the sprite went. Use large amounts of sign language if needed. Once I have an answer or not, proceed in the best direction he would have headed to, namely the river. Have Claystone ask the rocks if they have noticed the sprite running close by and follow their trail.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: August 27, 2011, 12:12:32 am »

But... you just said...

Well, no matter. I think I do want the ring.

"I believe for now I shall keep the necklace," Tide said to the kobold. "Perhaps when we meet again you may end up with it.

In the meantime, I'd like the twisty ruby ring, as well as the triangular one, please.

Also... would you happen to know if it's possibly to create a similar item to the necklace, but less unpleasant for the souls involved?"

Once his business with the kobold was complete, he headed to the shaman, purchasing a totem of The Great Father and The Great Mother. He also donned the two rings, hoping to divine their exact function.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: August 27, 2011, 02:03:03 am »

You can always buy stuff like soul fetches and healing items. OH! Remind me to use my soul fetch on Thogga the orc alchemist. Hopefully it will get that ring off him.

It's always nice to have an alchemist on your side.  ;)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 55.5 Rings are for Beautiful People
« Reply #1583 on: August 27, 2011, 12:08:04 pm »

-Mini Turn 55.5-

Blade Singer swished his new cloak-it looked sort of like his old cloak, but changed-he felt the favor of Lord Grey upon it. 

Upgraded Green Kai Cloak =Blade Turning=
(Gain a passive +5 damage absorb, up to 10 can be absorbed in a battle this way. All attacks against you by a target you are not engaging directly have a 25% miss chance.)

-----------------
Pressing Tide pointed out the rings he wanted. He went to get the money from his pocket, but the coins were already gone-Kirknak was already counting them out in his tiny clawed hand. Sneaky Kobold!

"Business doing lovely with you, weird eyes!
Also, no refunds...never ever never..."

Got Green Iron Triangular Ring
Got Twisty Ruby Ring

Then, he sauntered over to the Shaman, who was sleeping. He coughed loudly and asked for two totems. The shrunken head spoke again...

"Oh, yeah-we got what you want. Two totems for Green Cloak customer. Also, you want a job? Shaman need Tyrannosaur eg...hey, where you going?!"

Pressing Tide is walking away, obviously not that gullible.

Got Totem of Great Mother
Got Totem of the Great Father

From a safe distance, He could inspect the rings a bit closer.

The Triangular ring was a simple copper triangle, placed on a band of copper. Pressing Tide notices it makes a pyrimdal shape, with an eye at the apex-at the point facing outward from his hand...there's writing, but it's in no language he's ever seen. In fact, your sure this is Arcanescript-used by magicka users, primarily.

You try it on...almost immediately, you feel yourself gaining confidence. Hey-you do look more handsome! At least, you wonder why no one has ever told you, that you looked this good. It's a sin to look this well, but it feels great, and why not? Your going to rule the world with this face! As long as you keep the ring on...yeah. Never gonna take this baby off again. You are a GOD!

Unfortunately, as you may learn sooner of later, while the Ring is great for enhancing your self esteem, it does literally nothing magically otherwise...and while it's not technically cursed, the thought of removing it is now horrifying to you.

Still feeling like a million crowns, you try on the other ring-Trollish regeneration is a suitable gift for a God like yourself.

But, first-you take a look. It looks...odd. Almost like it was grown, rather than made. The twists in the ring pulse with actual blood-it feels warm. There's more of that Arcanescript writing, on a small plate on the otherside. Is this thing alive? One way to find out!

You slip it on your other hand-because two magic rings on one hand is known to have dire consequences-and wait...well, nothings happening yet...but..

ARGHH!

You bend over for a moment, as your body begins to change into that of a Troll! You can feel yourself growing taller and wider...tusks forming over your mouth...normal hands becoming claw hands...and you do feel the need to !!DESTROY AND EAT EVERYTHING!!. Your equipment even seems to be merging with you.

Well, if your going to take off the ring before the transformation is complete, you can still do so. Ring magic is always temporary, thankfully.

Sheltering Leaves is in the distance, eyes wide as he watches Pressing Tide become a horrible Troll. Oh, no!

-----------------

Molten Heart and Blade Singer set on the trail of Silver Tree. The giant T-Rex footprints are a dead-giveaway...Molten Heart is careful to question the stones about what they saw, and they all agree. One Sprite, running for his life from a big angry momma Dinosaur...eventually, they realize he jumped in the river-the blood on the ground is a bad sign-and they cross it, and begin searching the alternate shore.

They're really just following the Giant Footprints though. Whatever Silver Tree pissed off, it's already ahead of them...they're resigned to the fact that they'll never catch with him in time, when they see something interesting. There's a small wooden boathouse, nestled by the river ahead of them-they can see a single Snakeman guard , who's sleeping at the moment, armed with a wooden club, 'watching' the door. They could rent a boat from here and catch up...or steal one. Someone inside may even have seen a Sprite floating by.

The T-Rex footprints go right past it, unerringly-so someone must have heard that, at least.

-----------------

Silver Tree raises his hands in parley-trying to speak to the frogman. Not one of them know what he's saying, though. He points to the water, but the creature is long gone. They sort of ignore him...until he pulls out his potion.

That causes them to be alarmed. They form a ring around him with their tiny spears, and he watches one of the Frogmen coming up with a rope-probably to tie him up. The alternative to this is to start mowing them down, but Silver Tree has a feeling that wouldn't be exactly moral-you are trespassing on their territory.

The Frogman grunts-meaning, put your hands together so we can tie you up. What does Silver Tree do now? He's still got the potion in hand...he can try to drink it before they react...

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:12:09 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: August 27, 2011, 12:59:20 pm »

"Well I am sorry if that scared you. I wish I could speak your language I should have learned it when I was in the Forest." Silver Tree said as he put the potion away, adn put hsi hands up so they could bidn them.

Do as they want, and let them tie me up

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: August 27, 2011, 04:11:16 pm »

Huh. Well. That's... interesting.

Deciding that, despite how utterly attractive he is, now is really not the time to destroy and eat everything, Pressing Tide removes the ring. With that business done, he also collects his servant and tries to find his comrades.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: August 27, 2011, 05:23:02 pm »

Blade Singer sighs and mentally facepalms upon catching sight of the tracks. He jerks a thumb towards the boathouse. "Might as well see if rent a boat to catch up. We can ask if they've seen a midget getting chased by a giant monster while we're there."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: August 27, 2011, 05:27:48 pm »

Blade Singer sighs and mentally facepalms upon catching sight of the tracks. He jerks a thumb towards the boathouse. "Might as well see if rent a boat to catch up. We can ask if they've seen a midget getting chased by a giant monster while we're there."
Wait i'm a midget?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: August 27, 2011, 06:12:58 pm »

sprites are typically small forest spirits methinks.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: August 27, 2011, 06:16:09 pm »

sprites are typically small forest spirits methinks.
Ahh, but I was under the impression I was human size otherwise I was using a pretty big bow for being a gnome.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 110