Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85527 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 54, Time and Tide
« Reply #1530 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:39 pm »

Why do you keep calling them Birds Adwarf?
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 13, 2011, 06:47:59 pm »

I forgot their name.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 13, 2011, 06:59:59 pm »

I forgot their name.
the cave T-rexes?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 13, 2011, 07:23:05 pm »

Nitpicking, but technically you go from a 90% chance at 10 to a 10% at 11... and my idea was for 10+ to be equal to 40%, 20+ equal to 50%, etc. ^^;

hmm, just a straight 40% with no modifiers? I guess that would make more sense.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 13, 2011, 10:27:42 pm »

"Why does it seem like our companions keep trying to get themselves killed somehow? Do you know why this is, because I am at a miss."

Moltern Heart agrees with leaves' decision, it would be suicide to try to help the sprite, and what could he do against such a predator? Not much. He would go check after he helped the human.

Moltern Heart hurries off to see what the human is up to, and to see if he can help in someway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 14, 2011, 01:32:54 am »

Just occured to me I missed the part about the Molten Heart taking scrap metal.  Also, I didn't really answer any of Ironyowls questions properly.

In retrospect...this turn looks lazy. I'll do some edits in the morning. Bleh.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 21, 2011, 03:45:54 pm »

Don't forget about this one either. :x
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 21, 2011, 03:52:54 pm »

When the GM random jumps to another game with no warning, and doesn't get any bumps on his game in a week, he's not very keen to start updating again...but, since someone remembered, I hope I can restart this.  :)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 21, 2011, 05:09:32 pm »

Please do.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 22, 2011, 04:03:37 am »

Yes, please do. I haven't even had a chance to play yet :(
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 55, Resurgence
« Reply #1540 on: August 22, 2011, 04:17:21 pm »

Turn 55

Sheltering Leaves and Molten Heart agree-Silver Tree got himself into that mess, he can get himself out. They go to lend aid to their Kai brother as best they can...

They find Blade Singer, sort of in a trance, performing some sort of bizarre play. Actors in wolf costumes lie heaped behind him, and an Ogre dressed like an Female Orc-Molten Heart recognizes the face on the mask is the same one on the Totem of the Great Mother the old Shaman tried to sell him.

The Kai watch as the movements of the players are being shadowed by at least a dozen Ogres-who try and copy their movements as best as possible.

Feeling a bit silly, they begin to copy as well...nothing happens to them, at least, but they continue anyway...

((Molten Heart help roll:1d3=4))
((Sheltering Leaves help roll:1d3=2))

Blade Singer regains 5 to all Heroquest stats!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blade Singer saw the blast coming toward him. He faces it bravely.

((Endurance check:7, fail!
1d6 Mind Damage=6))

As he was metamorphosed into a wolf like form, his thoughts degrade...kill, feast! DESTROY!

He see's prey near him-Thrak had also allowed himself to be hit, and was a mere sheep...

Blade Singer/Lord Grey fought for control...

((Charisma check:6, fail!
1d6 Mind Damage=3))

He might have lost himself here, but the power of his friends had helped him, even if he did not know it yet...he glanced over to the mirror that had fallen on the ground...and

The mirror showed my true self-the Human, Lord Grey. Not the wolf...I remembered. Thrak saw it a moment later. We rose, our true forms restored. And, the Great Mother was afraid. We attack as two blades...where one would have fallen...

((Strength Check=4, pass
Body Damage 1d3=3))

Two succeeded! Blade Singer thought, as he struck again and again, parrying the witches deadly staff, while Thrak made heavy blows on her magical defenses.

By chance, Blade Singer saw the mirror, dropping out of the belt pocket where had stored it...

((Luck Roll 9 VS Fate roll 3, lucky?
Spirit Damage 1d6=6))

And caught it as it fell, on instinct-it had shattered in the original story....the Godlands shuddered, but Blade Singer had a feeling the quest was near over anyway.

Lord Grey diasrmed the witch, and drove the blade down, meaning to plunge it into the evil Orcs chest.

Wait.

They needed her alive.

Thrak and Lord Grey hold the Great Mother at sword and axe point, defeated. But, they lack the Blade of Thirst. How can they get the antidote now?

Blade Singer has one, final choice...

Heroquest Stats
Spirit 11/15 (Your Spirit is stable)
Body 6/16 (Your Body is fading from the Godplanes...)
Mind 5/13 (Your Mind is fading from the Godplanes)

Quest Artifacts
The Mirror of True Sight
Lord Greys Razor Edged Greatsword
Lord Greys Runed Cloak of Blade-Turning
Great Mothers Twisted Black Oak Quarterstaff
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pressing Tide was chatting with the Kobold again.

"Eh? Kirknak can use! Great power, if smart...or, maybe Spider-Elves pay much for it back...sure can turn profit on dumb one. Either way, useful.

Will trade for one full price ring, as before. Deal?"

He asks for a moment to think and confers with the spirits on the feeling of the necklace being destroyed.

NeverNooooMURDER YOUR A MURDERERmeeeercyNEVERdontkillusYOUMONSTERmeeeercy...

You get the feeling they wouldn't appreciate it. You can't even get a clear answer out of them, but you can feel great tension within your mind. Remember the man politely knocking at your door to your mind? Now, it's more like an angry and scared mob. They have not started throwing rocks yet...but, all it will take is a single spark to set them off now.

Kirknak cocks one eye as he watches you fighting with the voices in your head.

"You okay weird eyes? Sumthing wrong?"
Silver Tree floats on his back a bit, relaxing.

((Luck Roll 5 Vs Fate Roll 10, unlucky!))

He's not really paying attention to anything-not very good in a place like this-when he feels something tickle his foot...on instinct, he rights himsef and looks down into the water.

Uh oh!

It's a large...something, with a single giant eye and multiple purple tentacles. All of which are reaching toward him. He tries to communicate with it...

"Oh, you can talk too like the other one with the Green Cloak? Like an Elf right? You taste like an Elf, maybe? Huh? Come on, answer me...come on!"

The tentacles are making a loose cage around him, prepared to drag him into the murky depths. What will Silver Tree do now?

Spoiler: Kirknak Ring-Seller (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC: AHAHAHA! Sorry for the really late, crappy turn. I should my get my groove back soon enough.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 22, 2011, 04:26:53 pm »

'I will kill you even if it kills me !!! screamed SIlver Tree with his mind as he grabs the bow. He talks to teh spirits within 'Awaken Spirits of Fire ! Come forth summon the Inferno, and torch me, and my foe.' He then gets as close as possible to the beast before the spirits awaken, and get free.

Wake up the spirits in the bow, and use them to destroy the beast, and me if nessecary

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: August 22, 2011, 05:21:36 pm »

Good to see this back. :3

Leaves mimicked the motions of the ogres as well as he could. It was certainly unfortunate that he came in at the end, but apparently his and Molten Heart's participation here would strengthen their friend, and if he looked a little silly doing so (as Merame was quick to laugh and point out) at least it was for a good cause. Hopefully. He was curious about what the man had gotten himself into, but his questions could wait.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: August 22, 2011, 07:09:24 pm »

Pressing Tide cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"Um, yes I'm fine," he said absently to the kobold. He focused deeper on the necklace.

"Might I inquire as to what happens to the price you collect, without paying another one?" he asked. The elder one, at least, would probably be calm enough to answer, if he felt so inclined.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:56:24 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 23, 2011, 01:27:01 am »

Ballin'! You're back! That's awesome! I like this RTD, more than your dragon one at any rate. I am very glad you came back to it.

"Best not to ask, just go with it. It's magic, that's plain, but where magic is concerned, it is best not to question all that much. We shall ask him what he was doing when he comes out of it."

Moltern Heart tries his best to copy the movements that the ogres are doing.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 110