Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85452 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Descent into Chaos (Starting!)
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 03:29:26 pm »

command a swarm of bees

Nick Cage better watch out is all I'm saying. :3

Leaf listened quietly and respectfully to Shadow Lion, his hands folded behind his back as was proper, and lamented the short life of humans. She was a great leader, but younger than he was... and yet according to the life spans of humans and elves she would have been one of the elders of his people. When she congratulated him on his new ranking, he inclined his head in gratitude but remained silent. Merame clung to his shoulder and looked around the room curiously. "Hey Leaf! What's she on about?" the monkey chittered, causing the elf to glare at her. "Settle down, please, this is important and I'm trying to listen," he whispered back. Esteros? I see... Reconnaissance is a suitable mission for initiates such as ourselves.

"Yes, my lady," Leaf said when she finished, informing them that they would leave tonight. That gives us plenty of time to prepare. Merame tugged at his long black hair to get his attention. "Leaf...~ Can we get something to eat? I'm starving!" she complained. Leaf nodded. "If you will excuse me," he said with a slight bow to Shadow Lion, then turned and went back to the hall. It has been many years since I walked these halls... not much has changed. He found his way to the kitchen and looked around for a serving girl who didn't seem busy. "Excuse me, miss? May I have some fresh fruit for Merame?" he asked as the monkey climbed down from his shoulders to sniff around the place.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 03:53:30 pm »

The serving girl is new to you, but you can recognize a resemblance to a certain Kai master you once knew-Thundering Scorpion. He went missing years ago, and had been long presumed dead, and his daughter was taken in by the monastery rather than remain an orphan. She doesn't know who you are though...

(Charisma Roll=9, fail) Alma frowns "What is that...animal...you have with you? Is it sanitary? I run a clean kitchen you know! Out, out!"

(Agility Roll=2, Pass) (Item roll=4, 3)She shoos you out of the kitchen, but Merame managed to snag some oranges anyway while her back was turned. Sneaky monkey!

Gained 2xFresh Oranges (Heal 4 HP when eaten, double effect on monkey companion)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 04:05:56 pm »

"I'm sorry," Leaf apologized as he was shooed away by Alma. He watched her head back into the kitchen and rather firmly close the door in his face. "I knew I should have given you a bath before I brought you back to polite society." Merame merely chittered happily, not bothering to actually say anything, and gave him an orange. "...Thanks." He polished it against the side of his robe and put it away while she stuffed the other in her mouth. "You look ridiculous." He picked her up under the arms and she wrapped her tail around his upper arm and dropped away, so she was hanging from him.

"...We look the exact opposite of dignified. Can't you at least behave yourself until we're back on the road?" Leaf asked pleadingly. Merame swung up onto his shoulder, swallowed the orange, and settled in. "All right, all right, but only 'cause Mom said you were nice to her when she traveled with you." Sometimes I wonder how Meleye had such a mischievous daughter... He sighed and went back to the main hall, to look for the others and join them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 04:20:31 pm »

((I'll wait a few hours to see if Darvi and Frelock want a move before starting properly))

Lone Wanderer, War Wind and Sheltering Leaves arrived at the staging point with their weapons, armor and other equipment. The horses are saddled and ready, and five Kai outriders are ready to ride with you when your ready to go.

Alma shows up, lugging 5 packs of food and some familiar bottles of deep red liquid-Lampsur potion. During your training, you consumed it often, healing training injuries that might have taken a month to heal normally. It's very powerful, but the strain it puts on your body means to use it during battle would mean certain death-one must be in a relatively relaxed state for it to work.

To everyone, she hands out

-Food Rations for 5 days
-1xLampsur Potion, refills all HP, but cannot be used during battle

War Wind is surprised to find good smoked Ox meat in his pack-a favorite of Drakes, and Shelting Leaves finds some extra Orange slices in his...

They all patiently await the arrival of the last two, idling and chatting to each other to pass the time.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Descent into Chaos (Signing up)
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 04:56:29 pm »

Mysteriously obtain Sommerswerd.

Or meditate for a couple minutes, then leave.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 05:18:11 pm by Darvi »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 05:13:21 pm »

Sheltering Leaves took the rations. "Thank you, miss. I apologize again for the incident earlier." Apparently she had forgiven him, since there were extra orange slices in it for Merame. The monkey chittered happily at Alma. "She says thank you," he said as she walked away to give the others their rations, and he put a calming hand on his horse's neck. Merame scampered right into the saddle. "What's your name?" he asked the horse. "Thunder," the horse replied, chewing on grass. "Eletha. It's a good name." He scratched the horse behind its ears. The monkey rifled through the saddlebags, looking for interesting things, but all she found was food and the potion, which she wanted no part of. She had gotten into one before and felt sick for days! Disappointed, she put everything back in the pack and started grooming the horse's mane.

Leaf sighed and looked towards the horizon. It would be a long ride to their destination.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 05:34:47 pm »

Moon accepts the package graciously.  "Thank you, miss Alma.  I appreciate your kindness," he says, being careful as always not to show his wickedly sharp teeth.  Carefully arranging his belongings in his pack, he then goes off to find a quiet place to meditate, to prepare his mind for the coming journey.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 05:35:55 pm »

Taric nodded in acceptance of the rations. Wait for the rest of the damned group.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 10:10:27 pm »

Both Silent Fox and Mending Moon are busy attempting to drop into calming meditation, struggling to pierce the veil of worlds that separates them from the Gods of Light.

(Charisma roll:3, Pass-6th Sense roll:6) Fox feels a connection. He tries to summon an image of the legendary Sommerswerd-a powerful weapon of the Order that has been lost for generations, or perhaps merely hidden until it may be used to greatest effect...he sees a long blade, unremarkable, laying on a slab of stone. He see's a shrouded figure reaching down and claiming it, and feels an astounding sense of power-but for good, or evil he cannot tell.

Then, he hears the low, musical voice of the Goddess Ishtar whisper unto him "Be steadfast...and do not show fear. When it is presented, do not take the low road, for it will be your doom."

*omen gained*

(Charisma roll:6, Fail) Mending Moon attempts to gain peace of mind as well, but he cannot. As he settles into a quiet corner of the monastery, it almost seems as if his attempt is being blocked...he sees a mocking shadow looming, hate and spite given form and function, armed with a spiked mace of purest jet-it points to him....and Mending Moon opens his eyes, feeling disquieted.

Silent Fox arrives, then Mending Moon-the group of five mounts their steeds and races into the night, little more than ghosts.

(Encounter Roll 8 vs 10, no encounter)

The trip is uneventful. They spot no foes, but they do come across a grim, bloodied band of warriors returning to the monastery. Two of them are carrying the massive head of a Gorgaz-am evil reptilian monster-between them, on spears. They say they have just fought off a raiding party of Shadowspawn, among them Drakkarim and Vordak, the Darklords human soldiers and lieutenants respectively. Apparently, they were waiting in your planned route to ambush you. They even found roughly drawn sketches of each of your faces among the leaders personal effects-you wisely save your questions for later, but it is greatly troubling. Have the Darklords spies pentrated as deep as the inner halls of the Kai?

The Hidden Camp

Eventually, just before dawn, you arrive at the Kai Camp, set up just outside the border to Esteros. It is well hidden, located in a long ago delved cave behind the curtain of a waterfall-an old Sommerlund Ranger trick, used to great affect by the Kai. You enter to find a chaotic scene-many men lie exhausted and wounded, but they still seem ready to fight at a moments notice. Many are smoking, drinking, eating or reading, but seemingly with no joy. Just passing the time till the next battle.

You are brought into the lowest cellar, and here, you are introduced to Swift Water-the Kai master of the wilds. He wastes no time...

He stands up straight, straightening his tunic-judging by his palor, it seems he hasnt slept or eaten much in days. For the record, I'm against sending unbled into combat...but I abide by the councils decision. I apologize for my appearance...the incursions have been getting more and more frequent, and I will not let my men ride out unaided...yes, about the mission..."

He gets up and stretches, then continues "It's up to you where to investigate first-Githyos and Erthon are all but fortresses now. We have Kai agents on the inside, but they have not been able to get out to give us word of what has happened. Our man in Githyos has orders to be at the small bridge in the old part of town, spanning the river Dend, every night at midnight, for 10 minutes. Our man in Erthon works for the mayor himself-if he's still alive, you can meet him in the old sewer underneath city hall. Trust me, he'll know your coming before you do.

As for Veyar, we have no word. Smoke was seen rising from the city many miles away a few days ago, but we have no other information. Our only spy there was a simple minded, but sharp boy working in the stables.

We have some other leads-it seems the main army of Esteros is camped smack dab in the crossroads between the three cities. They seem to be just sitting there, probably equally afraid of being invaded from all sides, by Sommerlund or the Darklords. If you could contact General Billon, the last person confirmed to be in charge, and earn his trust we might be able to avoid alot of bloodshed.

After I heard reports of undead-and saw them myself-I sent scouts to the largest graveyard in Esteros, the Keening Willow Cemetary on a hunch. Sure enough, they detected a truly evil force nestling within. It may be the source...or it my be nothing. I can't say for sure. I sent three Kai, and the two who volunteered to go in never came back out.

Your free to stay here until next nightfall, or you can leave now. We've got reports that Krann are overflying our positions, looking for people trying to cross the border. Whatever you do, stay hidden...the fact they know about our mission means something has gone rotten high up. After this business had been settled, I intend to do my own investigation...

He folds his hands and slumps back into his chair in exhaustion, leaving you to ask any questions, requests, or decision making you may have.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Descent into Chaos (Turn 1)
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 10:20:53 pm »

I'd like to get on the waiting list. I'll have an actual character sometime later.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 10:29:16 pm »

I'd like to get on the waiting list. I'll have an actual character sometime later.

Your added in the section training, under the player list.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 10:29:35 pm »

Sheltering Leaves put a hand to his chin as he took in Swift Water's words. The group had to stand as one, and that meant there could be no infighting. Even a minor disagreement would be a crack the dark lords could drive a wedge into. Things had to be discussed and decided democratically. Leaf turned to the others. "I think that perhaps we should go to Veyar first. The others are well-guarded; we shouldn't attempt to enter them until we learn more about the situation." Merame tugged at the hem of his robe worriedly, and he looked down. "Is it going to be dangerous, Leaf?" she asked. "I'm afraid so," he said.

Decided to start coloring Merame's speech brown so it's more obvious who's saying what sometimes. ^^;

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 10:43:57 pm »

"I say we get everything sorted out before we make our move"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 11:11:53 pm »

While the night is generally more dangerous, we're a small group and thus hopefully are less likely going to get unwanted attention. I think we should wait until dusk and then leave.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 02:50:32 am »

Agreed, best wait for nightfall, Moon replies.  "Not to mention, I have other matters to attend to," he thinks to himself.  He walks over to the most wounded kai, and begins his usual administrations.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 110