Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85739 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 49, A Time of Action
« Reply #1335 on: July 28, 2011, 01:57:27 pm »

"Is there another way I cna pay you, or would you do it for free if it was to help me kill the beasts in ther catacombs?" asked Silver Tree

((WORK !!!!!))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 28, 2011, 03:25:15 pm »

The Shaman doesn't believe you have a chance against the catacombs beast, but he does have a job for you...

"If you insist, the Shaman will offer you 200 Ograkoinz to obtain a Cave Tyrannosaur Egg. The nesting grounds are located a few miles to the North of the village, in the cliff sides. Bring us an egg, and you'll be paid. Do you agree?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 28, 2011, 04:20:20 pm »

you know that its belived that tyrannosaur mothers carved the flesh off the ones that tried anything with their offspring? good luck adwarf.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 28, 2011, 04:48:32 pm »

"Hmm... That sounds useful. I do not have enough 'koinz' as you put them, but I do have other things that are of value. This leather armour for example, it has an enchantment that strengthens it against demons. Quite handy in our line of work, and also for the adventuring type like yourself.

I also have with me, this spiked heater shield. It is well made by a past comrade of mine who died recently. You would remember the draconian, yes? He may have been somewhat ill mannered, but he was a skilled armoursmith, as you can atest to by looking at this fine shield.

I am willing to trade one of these if they are worth enough for this ring. Do we have a deal?"

Moltern Heart pauses to think something over and then points to the plain tin ring.

"Also, this poison ring, what does it do exactly? How does it make poison 'go away' precisely?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 28, 2011, 04:50:56 pm »

Hmm. Irony, think it's possible to talk this thing down between the two of us? I don't want to start a fight with it without your agreement.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: July 28, 2011, 05:51:36 pm »

"Deal, but when I return you must help me make a pact with the Spirits of Nature so I may gain some of their power that is all I ask." said Silver Tree as he bowed, turned, and left to get the egg.

Go to the nest, and get the egg with my bow at the ready.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: July 28, 2011, 05:54:04 pm »

Depends on if "you here to talk or to fight" was rhetorical or not. Might as well try it first, though.

"I would prefer to talk," Pressing Tide said to the spirit, "I have great interest in you and your master's craft." He continued staring at the creature in fascination- its mental capabilities had thoroughly intrigued him.

Also, bear in mind that I'm not sure if/how effective mind blast would be on it, meaning while I wouldn't be totally useless, uh...

"Deal, but when I return you must help me make a pact with the Spirits of Nature so I may gain some of their power that is all I ask." said Silver Tree as he bowed, turned, and left to get the egg.

Go to the nest, and get the egg with my bow at the ready.
Just... remember to run instantly if an adult finds you, and try not to train it back to the village? :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 28, 2011, 05:59:09 pm »

Well, I'll do the best I can to protect you if it comes to it. :P I didn't pick my Kai name for nothing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 50, A Time of Action
« Reply #1343 on: July 29, 2011, 11:42:16 am »

Turn 50

Molten Heart offered both the shield and armor to the Kobold.

Kirknak stroked his mustache, as he often does when he's concentrating.

"Could use both. Will take 33 koinz each value off of ring you want for each. Sound good?

Also, Tin Ring work by making poison go...away. Poison not hurt you while you wear ring. What more to say?"

-------------------------

Pressing Tide approaches the creature again, leaving Sheltering Leaves to keep an eye on the Spider-Elf, and expresses his interest in the craft of Blood Magic. The Wolf seems to have calmed itself down-or perhaps it was calmed down from the Shaman himself.

"You and everyone else...the knowledge is a grave responsibilty. The Blood Shaman is feared and hated, yet his skills protect the village from threats the warriors would not dare face, and his magic is often used to heal the sick and wounded, even if they do not know it. He must live alone, and shunned by those who he sacrifices the most for. He does so with no regrets.

Blood is not a benign element to control-it is dangerous to everyone who uses it...we were made to pump through beating hearts and veins, not walk freely under the sun, and as such, we Spirits are eternally hungry. I serve the Shaman of my own free will-but if his control was to slip, for even a moment, my own will would dissolve into rage...and I would be powerless to control my self. I would destroy everything I have vowed to protect. Does wielding such a power excite you?

So, why do you seek this knowledge? Destroying your enemies? Dominance for your Clan? If you cannot prove yourself worthy to pass me, then I shall fight you."

The creatures seems to be tensing again, though it has no muscles, Pressing Tide can tell when its about to shift out of its form by a subtle ripple that flows over its body, like as calm water would do when skipped with a stone.

Blade Singer is grumbling. The Ogre children are having a good laugh at his expense.

As he rises to his feet, a wise looking Ogress Shaman wearing a loincloth and a necklace of wooden beads approaches him and offers a hand up. Blade Singer hears her voice in his mind.

"The Trickster Gods are fickle, are they not? Sometimes they give you a new pair of shoes, sometimes they burn your house down...but, that very attention, even when negative can have unintended benefit.

My name is Shaman Aragrek. I've noticed you seem to be a bit lost, friend...and me and my compatriots have a offer for you, if your willing to accept. Have you ever heard of a God-Quest?"

Blade Singer only knows from tavern talk that God-Quests are something practiced by certain wild peoples, those with connections to ancestral Gods who were once mortals. It's apparently some way of reliving the Gods great adventures, and reaping benefit, but they are very dangerous...

She motions him to follow her, if wants to.

Silver Tree made his way out of the village, pausing to look at roughly drawn map of the Jungle. A few hours later, he spotted obvious marks of Cave Tyrannosaurs-Mushrooms knocked down in rages and fights, big footprints in the mud, well stripped remains of giant beetles and bats, and of course, giant piles of acidic smelling dung. As the forest began to get sparse, and the ground became drier and angled upward, he stopped and hid himself.

He took cover behind a dung pile, as he surveyed the cliffs that lay about 200 yards in front of him. He could see at least one medium sized male Cave T Rex, laying on its side and snoozing. It's guarding a small clutch of three eggs. The Eggs are not buried in plant matter, as he guessed at first, but half buried in a sandy depression, probably to keep them warm. There may be a thermal source underneath the nest sight.

The Rex itself is a bit smaller than he imagined in his head-still large enough to swallow him whole, though. It's got wide, almost webbed feet, used for manuvering swiftly through the muddy terrain, overlarge nostrils and small, beady eyes. Its body is stocky and compact, suitable for an underground creature, as well as being subtly camoflaged-it's dark brown with red stripes that run laterally from it's snout to tail, giving it a fearsome look. Silver Tree remembers vaugely that these creatures mate for life, and that the female is usually larger, so where's the mother?

The space between him and the nest would be easy to traverse, but there's no cover except from some small boulders.

What will Silver Tree do?

Spoiler: Kirknak Ring-Seller (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC: Yes, I have been playing King of Dragon Pass, and its been sneaking into my writing. Like those Gods-Blasted Blue Spruces sneak into my Tula and steal my cattle.   >:(
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:37:59 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 50, Calm before the Storm
« Reply #1344 on: July 29, 2011, 12:03:39 pm »

"Alucard stay here do not interfere until  call for you." says Silver Tree as he begins to dart across the land between him, and the eggs.

Steal two eggs without alerting the bird.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: July 29, 2011, 12:11:51 pm »

Oooooh... That may not be the best idea adwarf... The mother could be hiding in the shadows for all you know, or worse, under the eggs. God help you if you are seen or more likely smelled.

"Hmmm... You are one wily kobold who certainly knows what he is doing, I'll grant you that. I'll take both. I shall trade both these items, as well as my own pouch of gold crowns and pay the left over sum with koinz. Deal? And you mind giving me tips to find such rings or people who know about them? I may need the knowledge where I am going, and you seem wise and experienced in these matters."

After dealing with the kobold, shaking it's paw to seal the deal after trading items and currency, Moltern Heart focuses once again on the shearing stone, contacting the earth spirits.

"Greetings once again rock-kin. I have made my decision, I would be honoured if you could ask a fellow spirit to follow me into battle. But I wish for you to only send one that is willing to go and accepts the risks involved, as I could never demand for any of you to do this against your will or without knowledge of such dangers that it involves."

After communicating with the spirits, Moltern Heart smiles and proceeds to the Garmlor and Hildridge, offering to sell the left over leather armour to the leather worker, who could surely reuse the leather, and the shortbow and longsword to the smith, since she desperately needed iron.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: July 29, 2011, 12:26:37 pm »

(( I must acquire the money, make a contract with the spirits, and slay the beast in the catacombs. I NEED MOAR DAKKA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: July 29, 2011, 12:37:29 pm »

(( Yeah, you should be more careful adwarf...I tend to be less forgiving of players who don't think things through. As the other players will tell you, examining the area in detail can be very helpful.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: July 29, 2011, 12:48:03 pm »

((These guys don't even have that good quality stuff to risk a characters life for. You can get money a lot easier with just normal battles, not to mention you will have a lot less chance of getting swallowed whole, or worse. If need be, we can sub you some money, Irony has a lot of cash he isn't using, if you are nice to him and give him a hand then he should loan you some out of repayment or something.

Just think this through... These beasts mate for life. You can't see the mother. The overly large nostrils mean that they have a strong sense of smell, so before you can even get close you will most likely be smelt by one of them. Your only decent weapon, your longbow, while it will faze them for a moment or two, it will not be able to kill one of the beasts before it eats you. And keep in mind that there are TWO.

And your longbow is awesome for the moment for the quest, you have enough dakka for now, plus I am aiming to give you the arrows in my inventory for you to use as well. And remember, you have the keystone! WE NEED TO KEEP THAT THING SAFE!! At least leave it behind before you rush towards certain doom...  :'( ))

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: July 29, 2011, 12:51:50 pm »

Blade Singer shrugs and follows along slowly. In his mind, he was thinking...A God-Quest? Well...It'll definitely give me something to pass the time. And something good might come of it, too. Shaking off his thoughts, he ran to catch up with the Shaman, now a bit more interested in it.

It's time for a GREAT ADVENTURE!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 110