Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85704 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 49, A Time of Action
« Reply #1320 on: July 28, 2011, 04:34:58 am »

Yeah, but I had a chuckle at the expense of poor war wind. That's what counts.  :P Also, what do you guys think I should get with from the earth spirits? Knowledge or the companion?

"I am glad you like them, and to use the 'suprise' you have to use both triggers at once. Make sure you point your fist away from yourself or any of us. It should come in handy. As for the beast, see if you can find out what kind of stench it lets out as well as it's effects, as well as what it can physically do. That shaman has been the only one who has fought the beast and lived, he has invaluable information of the beast that we can use. In the meantime, I shall be by the shops tending to my business. I have to talk with a certain ring-seller to see if he can fix a very useful ring I had. See you later."

Moltern Heart bows in return and turns back to the village, heading to the kobold ring seller.

"Greetings Kirknak! I come to do business with you, wise and powerful master of rings! Tell me, what would it take for me to purchase that detecting ring? Also, I have with me the ashes of a powerful dwarven ring of protection, can you forge it anew? I am willing to pay with valuable coins and magical equipment..."
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:38:24 am by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 28, 2011, 04:52:54 am »

Depends on if you want to give a small boost to the whole party (knowledge) or a large boost to yourself (companion). Obviously my opinion is going to be biased towards knowledge since otherwise I don't get anything out of it. :P My self-interest aside, you may want to go for the companion to ensure your own survival, and it'll be a passive benefit for everyone as well since the stronger each member of the party is individually the more likely it is we'll all survive battles. Anyway, might as well do a little writing while I'm here...

Leaves pointed his right fist away from himself as he walked and pressed the triggers, causing a blade to emerge from the back of his hand. He stared at it a moment, then released the triggers, causing it to recede. Molten Heart certainly is a clever one, he reflected, popping the blade in his left gauntlet for the novelty of it. To be able to switch from subduing to lethal force in an instant... Hmm. He decided to stop doing that for the moment. There was no need to wear out the mechanism by acting like, well, Merame, who was currently clinging to his shoulder and taking a nap at the same time somehow.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 28, 2011, 06:17:22 am »

Hehehehe, I think of those gauntlets as assassin's creed style gauntlets now. :P

Still, if I ask for knowledge, then do I have to choose what type of knowledge they can offer, or do I get it all? If I am forced to choose one type of knowledge, then I will choose the companion, otherwise I will take the knowledge that they offer. That seems like a good way to fix my indecision woes by putting them all on the GM instead. ;)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 28, 2011, 06:24:15 am »

In other words, I need to change Leaf's clothes to white and start climbing everything. ...Well, I could let Merame do the second part of that, anyway. :3 *pouncestab* *counter, blades to both eyes, shove away*

...I wish I had Brotherhood. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 28, 2011, 06:36:01 am »

think of it as an polished assassins creed 2 with more things to play with.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: July 28, 2011, 06:46:03 am »

Yeah, but I platinum'd AC2 (with the exception of the DLC 'cause I ain't got that much cash >.>). Other than just fooling around kicking guard's asses and going through the story a fifth time I've done pretty much everything in it. I'm considering trading in the first two ACs for it if I get a chance. :3 The multiplayer looks pretty fun, and this is from a guy who generally doesn't play online.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: July 28, 2011, 07:17:02 am »

I personally can not wait for Revalations :3 But then again, I'm just a lurker. >.> <.< *back to lurking*
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: July 28, 2011, 07:23:00 am »

I am too but I don't wanna play it until I beat Brotherhood. I hate doing things out of order. :-\

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 28, 2011, 07:38:03 am »

Fair enough.Brotherhood is a glorified expansion pack, AC2 part II... The only new gameplay mechanic is the guild, really. But I'm a sucker for a good story, so I don't care. Also, Revalations brings back Altair. YAY!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: July 28, 2011, 08:00:49 am »

GET ON WITH THE GAME! I feel horrible for bringing up assassin's creed now. I'm not even that big of a fan!  :'(

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: July 28, 2011, 08:28:09 am »

Hmm, Just wonderin', can I talk to that blood wolf?

Well, everybody can-elemental spirits that take physical form usually know many languages. It doesn't count as a true animal, though.

Still, if I ask for knowledge, then do I have to choose what type of knowledge they can offer, or do I get it all?

You'll generally get three choices-either a passive damage boost, passive damage absorb, or a non-combat spirit that can be used to scout the Earth and warn you of danger.

-----------------------------
-Mini Turn-

Silver Tree asks Forlane for help contacting the spirits, but all he gets is an eye roll. He's out of funds!

The shrunken head on Forlanes neck growls.

"Come back when you get some money, buddy!"

Molten Heart Approaches Kirknak, and asks him if he can repair the ring. The Kobold strokes his mustache. He looks at the bottle carefully for a few seconds.

"Well, Kirknak no Ring-Maker, he just Ring-Finder...find rings in many place, no where to look!"

Also, Detect-or ring cost 100 koinaz. You special customer, maybe only 75?
It work, when you hear bell sound, you know something you want is close."

He smiles craftily, holding up the golden ring for Molten Heart to look on. It certainly looks...garish. It would fit on the hand of any well fed noble with bad taste and an overabundance of money.

Pressing Tide warily approaches the creature. It seems to shift and slide disturbingly, but it still maintains it's basc form-that of a large wolf.

He hails it, and asks it politely to let him pass. He extends the slightest of his mind powers toward, only to find...he can't really get a hold on it. Almost as if it was slippery, and easy to lose. Pressing Tide felt this once before, when he tried to experimentally use his mind powers on a living plant. He felt...something, some unimaginably vast intellect, but he couldn't recognize what it was, and it eluded him like sand through his fingers.

And yet...it still returns his summons, speaking to the Kai in a watery, quavery voice. There is little emotion in it. except for hunger.

"The Spirit do not answer your summons, out-worlder, I have been given the honor of consuming your essence by the Shaman, if you attempt to force your way past. I will be glad to do so. So, are you here to fight or to talk?

Pressing Tide realizes the creature is tensing to spring, and retreats momentarily. It's clear the creature won't attack unless he provokes it.

Sheltering Leaves arrives behind him at that moment, and they discuss their mutual problem.

While they talk, they see as a flying cave swallow swoops in low past the Shamans house, and the Blood-Wolf shifts it's entire body, jutting upward, catching it and drawing it into it's own gelatinous body. A few seconds later, it spits out the hollow birds corpse, completely drained of blood. Pressing Tide notices it seems to have gained mass from that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 28, 2011, 09:49:52 am »

"Hmmm... Whenever something I want is close? That would apply to anything that isn't treasure as well, such as my own possessions. I think I will pass. How much for the dungeon rock ring, and what does it do exactly?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 28, 2011, 10:38:37 am »

Kirknak doesn't seem too surprised.

"Sometimes-Gold ring only really works if you *really* need it, but don't *have* it. Agree, not always treasure-Kirknak once find rope with ring, and laugh, but rope save life not a day later...true story.

But, pass up good deal, not get it again...Dungeon Rock Ring 100 Koinz. Angry Spirits everywhere these days-especially if you, er kill lots of people. Spirits usually not powerful, but sometimes they are-especially if, uh, what is word... Undead Riser? Necropriest? Bad Life Awaker...one who makes undead get back up, to fight for them. They use Evil Spirits to make undead come back.

This ring, protect you against them spirits. I once use on a walky corpse man, he explode into dust...true story.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:37:37 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 28, 2011, 11:02:33 am »

Kirknak is obviously the master adventurer. You all should recruit him and bask in his glory.
Raggle Fraggle

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 28, 2011, 11:08:28 am »

Kirknak is obviously the master adventurer. You all should recruit him and bask in his glory.

I second this.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 110