Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85684 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 48, A Time of Mending
« Reply #1305 on: July 27, 2011, 05:07:53 pm »

I figure 10 Koins for the weapons, and 15 for the armor without negotiation.

She could probably make something better, but needs more than Green Iron, and would be more likely to listen to a fellow smith like Molten Heart.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 27, 2011, 05:28:34 pm »

Alright, so the stuff I've got is as good as I'm going to get with green iron, at least at the moment.

In that case, I know exactly what needs to be done, so I suppose I might as well tack it on there:

Pressing Tide ordered Amala to don one of the green iron ringmails and wield one of the daggers, reminding him that the ogres would likely be more comfortable if he left it sheathed. The rest he offered to the smith, but with a proposal.

"I also require a shield for my servant here. You can count on it seeing use in some of the harshest of battles- our journey takes us to the heart of this corruption, and will not end there. Might that be worth more to you than mere coin?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 27, 2011, 05:35:48 pm »

The Smith grunts

"10 Koinz...you can take one of the green iron shields I haven't melted down yet. My crafts would not be used on him, as long I breathe."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 27, 2011, 05:40:12 pm »

Damn.

Buy the shield, and sell the remaining ringmail, dagger, and one of the hatchets (keep the other in case we need to chop things), as well as both loincloths.

You can wait until later for this, since I'll have the larger axe to sell and numerous things to buy, but that's the plan if you want to get it out of the way now.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 49, A Time of Action
« Reply #1309 on: July 28, 2011, 12:22:54 am »

The Earth Spirits answer Molten Heart

"What knowledge do you think we hold...there are many Gem and Metal spirits, eager to find release from the Earth, so they may travel abroad. The Land itself, you may wish to know, if you are travelling upon it. Forwarning of those approach you, even...ahh, the companion, you would not see him. He would be an invisible protector, empowering your blows, or shielding you from harm. If he grows strong, one day he could manifest a physical form...but that does not often happen..."

Molten Heart agrees to think on it, while he goes to the forge. The Smith is glad to watch him work and pick up some of his knowledge for herself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Molten Heart is glad to find the Ogre smithy well stocked with supplies-the tools are somewhat poorer than he would have preferred, but it's no matter-he brought his own. He finds War Winds old tool box, and picks and chooses the choice items. He's sure the Drake would appreciate his craftsmanship not going to waste.

((Molten Heart gets Upgraded Tool Box, +3 to Craftstmanship rolls))

He begins hammering-the metal seems eager to conform to his will. He wonders if perhaps the Earth Spirits are subtly helping him? As he works, he tries to prounounce the words of the Holy Book from memory-he's only partially successful. It occurs to him he forgot that White Iron is usually formed with an attendant priest to read the rites while the smith forges.

"Good God Kai, guide my mind and body, so I may do great works in your honor...
May the Kind Goddess Ishtar temper this blade with cool water...
Let not the impurity of Naar cloud my hand nor vision...."

As he finishes the untreated White Iron begins to glow a pale yellow.

The boots are done first-just weighted plates designed to fit in the soles of the Elves shoes, he makes them light enough not to hamper speed. Later, he'll make sure to pad them down so they don't clank at the wrong times.

The Gloves are where his work really shines. Laying the White Iron in banded strips, he forms two gauntlets, designed to adapt to Sheltering Leaves leading hand-he made sure to take a mold from Sheltering Leaves old gloves. Molten Heart quickly reinforces the gauntlets with an overlapping Iron lattice-making them good for catching and deflecting blades.

Then, while letting the gauntlets cool and form, he begins making a variety of strange instruments and mechanisms. Dabbling engineering is one of Molten Hearts specialties...a few hours later, he fits a spring blade device onto the top of the gloves-it fits seamlessly. Only the a skilled smith, or the user, could tell that these weapons held hidden springloaded stabbing blades, that are activated by the thumb and index finger on twin triggering mechanisms at the same time.
A fine piece of work!

*Superior Quality* Reinforced Spiked White Iron Gauntlets/Boots =Minor Undead Bane= : +4 Damage, +2 Agility

Spiked: This weapon deals 1d3 additional damage to the opponent on a successful defense roll, and is considered both a blunt and piercing weapon.

Reinforced: This weapon provides plus 1 defense passively

White Iron, +1d3 Damage against the undead on a sucessful hit

Minor Undead Bane, Undead who fail a Endurance roll when hit take double damage

--------------

Blade Singer gives all his money to Pressing Tide. He figures his generosity will be repaid somehow.
He faintly hears the laughter of the Jerkass Trickster God Nemelex Xobeh, who has noticed the Kais charity from his Celestial Low Rent Apartment, and thusly, the God rewards Blade Singer by tying his bootlaces together, and making him fall face first into a mud puddle.

---------------
Pressing Tide disposes of most the green Iron armor. leather loincloths and weaponry, keeping a hatchet for general use, and a dagger. to arm the Spider-Elf with them. Blade Singer also gives you all his Coinz. Maybe that dream put him in a happy mood.
He gets 120 Coinz in all.

Then, after a quick search, he finds an Ogre whose dutifully carving a large leg bone of some sort of creature. He grunts. Say's he'll buy the axe of 20 koinz. He has a few things to sell, of course.

Afterward, he leaves the village, and takes the long, lonely road up to the Blood Shaman Merrigurthags Hut...
Merrigurthag already knows Pressing Tide is coming...the Kais blood betrays him. The Blood Shaman has had to kill many fools who thought themselves powerful enough to learn his secrets. Perhaps this one will pass the test?

Pressing Tide spots the place he's looking for up ahread-it's a humble home, carved into the hollowed out section of a giant fallen cave mushroom. He spots a tell-tale red mask peering at from out of one of the windows. The door opens, but not to invite him in...

Merrigurthag stands in the doorway. He chants, and a living glob of blood flows forth from the Shamans staff onto the ground into a puddle. A few seconds later, it rises, and forms itself into a giant amoeboid Wolf-like form. Then the Shaman retreats to his home. The Blood Wolf doesn't charge, it merely paces back and forth in front of the doorway like a attendant watch dog. What will Pressing Tide do now?

--------------

Sheltering Leaves and Silver Tree explore the village together. It's not very large, anyway-there's only about thirty warriors, and double that in non-fighters. There's a depressing lack of Ogre children. They question an young Ogre woman sweeping her front porch, and she says they've lost many of their young and old to the horrible tentacled beast that lurks in the catacombs. It often ranges throughout the entire swamp, killing at it's leisure, and none of them have been able to stop it.

The only one who came close was the Blood Shaman-he developed a special mask that protected him from the creatures deadly stench, but he was only one Ogre, and they essentially fought to a draw, with neither of them being able to win.

Spoiler: Kirknak Ring-Seller (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:24:39 am by Dwarmin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 28, 2011, 12:33:07 am »

Silver Tree looked at Sheltering Leaves, and said "We have to help them even if it might be dangerous this situation is bad. I have something to look into, and I must be going  now." with that he bows, and turns walking in the direction of Forlane. He had to ask Forlane to help him form a pact with the Spirits of Natuer for if he tried to do it alone he feared he may say something wrong, and end up killing himself. He was a guardian of nature, so if he could form a contract with a spirit, or spirits of nature that would show he is trully worthy of defending his family, and loved ones, as well as all who were under the protection of the Kai.

Ask Forlane to help me form a contract with the a Spirit of Nature. (Wood, Water, etc.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 28, 2011, 12:36:24 am »

Sheltering Leaves thought about the ogre woman's story for a moment. A special mask to protect from the stench... Perhaps I should pay the shaman a visit and see if he'll give us one in exchange for taking out that monster. He nodded to Silver Tree. "All right. I have a lead to follow myself; I'll catch up with you later." Ogre or not, a monster that hunted children had to be put down. And killing it would probably benefit the Kais as well. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement for both sides, so he headed towards the shaman's home to talk to him.

...and hopefully Pressing Tides will have taken care of the summon by the time I get there. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 28, 2011, 01:11:56 am »

Moltern Heart stands back from the forge, holding the new weapons up to the light and inspecting them from every angle.

"As the humans say, that is some damn fine work. If only I had remembered to take leaves along with me to help with the enchanting... No matter, he will surely like the physical benefits of these fine weapons nonetheless."

After donating the left over tools that he didn't need to the ogre smith, he left quickly, seeing leaves starting to head out of town.

"Kai-brother! Wait a moment! I have something for you!"

He rushed over to leaves' side and dug inside his pack, withdrawing the boots and gauntlets with a smile.

"These are for you. They are one of my finer works, and I am proud to have made them. The only real downside to them is that the enchantment could have been better, I had to say the rites from memory. If you wish for me to redo the weapons again, you should come with me and say the rites from the book while I work. But other than that, these are truely fine weapons. Put them on, I wish to see how they fit, and be careful not to point them at yourself. They have a suprise hidden inside."
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:23:30 am by Zako »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 28, 2011, 01:25:05 am »

Frick. First rule of Blood Club: Do NOT fuck up the opening test. D:

Pressing Tide gladly sold the axe for coinz, pleased not to be so overloaded anymore. He would attend to his purchases after seeing the shaman...

His reception was not what he had been expecting. His interest had been shallow curiosity, not a desire for the shaman's deepest secrets at any cost. Yet, from all appearances, the shaman had decided to subject him to some sort of brutal initiation test- if he could bypass or survive the wolf, presumably he'd be "worthy" to speak to the shaman. It seemed he had little patience for weak fools or idle chatter.

Motioning for Amala to stay out of it- he suspected the shaman would not appreciate those who needed aid from others- Pressing Tide met the ameboid's gaze with a calm but determined expression. If he could convince the creature to let him pass, whether by cowing it or convincing it he meant no harm (or both), all the better. He suspected otherwise, but he wouldn't know until he tried.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 28, 2011, 01:42:54 am »

I just noticed the new details you've added on to some of our items, Dwarmin, as well as the revamps to our inventory  :o It's a nice touch!

Blade Singer pushed himself up off the ground, wiping mud off his face and untying his shoelaces, mumbing something along the lines of how Nemelex gives stupid gifts and Xom is a much better god of chaos.

Standing back up, he briefly wondered what he could do to pass the time in the village. His thoughts briefly turned to War Wind, to the best of his knowledge, still frozen in the middle of a swamp. He lingered upon that for a moment, absent-mindedly staring down into the mud. Is he feeling remorse for arguing with him so much? YOU DECIDE!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 28, 2011, 01:46:27 am »

No. Not even a little bit. He's just that COLD HEARTED. Ahahahahaha...

Oh man, I really outdo myself at times...  ;)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 28, 2011, 02:20:55 am »

Say... do MacGuyvery crafting rules apply to enchanting things as well?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 28, 2011, 02:46:07 am »

I don't see why not. Just make sure you don't screw something up, or you may get an unwanted explosion in your face.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 28, 2011, 03:58:07 am »

Hmm, Just wonderin', can I talk to that blood wolf? Also, I believe my Agi is 5+4 now. :3 (5 +1 discipline +2 gauntlets +1 undershirt)

Leaves stopped as Molten Heart hailed him and turned to the earthen Kai. "Oh, thank you," he said gratefully as he slipped them on. He wasn't sure what this 'surprise' was, but he could feel the triggers in the gauntlets once they were on. "These will be a great help to me in our journeys. You've done a fine job," he said, clenching his fists to get a feel for the difference between these and his old gauntlets. He had repaired his ancestral gauntlets many times, so while he wouldn't consider himself a smith by any stretch of the imagination he felt he had a good idea of how gauntlets should be made, and these really were wonderfully done. As he was doing various hand exercises to break them in, he filled Molten Heart in on what he and Silver Tree had learned.

"The beast that hunts this area - and blocks our path back upwards - apparently emits some sort of stench. I'm not sure quite what that smell does, that is, I'm not sure if it's just noxious or if it is actually poisonous, but either way, I was told the blood shaman of the tribe made a mask to combat it and was able to fight it to a draw with it. I'm on my way there now to speak with him about this mask and ask if we may have some for our own battle with the creature. I do not think we'll get past it without a fight, and the beast slaughters children." It was just one thing he couldn't abide. He would run in and fight it alone if he had to.

He put on the boots as well and buckled them closely to his legs; loose enough to be comfortable but tight enough to ensure a snug fit. "Thank you again. I'll meet up with you back here when I finish with the shaman," he said, bowing slightly and resuming his business.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 28, 2011, 04:09:22 am »

No. Not even a little bit. He's just that COLD HEARTED. Ahahahahaha...

Oh man, I really outdo myself at times...  ;)

I should slap you upside the head with a trout.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 110