Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85434 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 43, War Wind's Glorious Charge
« Reply #1110 on: July 19, 2011, 06:43:19 am »

Ooo, perfect! We need a healer in the party, and you would be a welcome addition to the front line.  :D

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 19, 2011, 07:00:44 am »

Ooo, perfect! We need a healer in the party, and you would be a welcome addition to the front line.  :D

*blush*

I just hope I can liveup to/surpass Taricus.  :P
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 19, 2011, 07:24:35 am »

Hey, I'm coming back. Just as a different character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:23:50 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 19, 2011, 07:27:07 am »

Hey, I'm coming back. Just as a different character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We can be brothel buddies.  :P
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 19, 2011, 07:30:47 am »

I really think we don't need to add herbophilia to the list... :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 19, 2011, 07:33:36 am »

It's the same if you try to do two mindblasts on one guy, or two mindblasts on two guys. Of course, keep in mind, trying to juggle two mindblasts at once at your level of skills will be very difficult...and could lead to backlash on the part of the wielder.
My level of skills? What needs improving to make that easier?

Every rank up not only gives you two more disciplines, it improves your existing disiciplines automatically. That Lone Wolf RPG book gave me a lot of good ideas!

I'd like to join the list. 

1. Name: Storm strider (Innsmoth)
Race: Taur (Horse, general shape of a man mixed with the anatomy of a Horse  ;D)
Disciplines: Healing, Sixth sense
Starting Weapon: Lochaber Axe
Strength: 5
Endurance: 5
Agility: 3
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 5

Sounds good. Can you get a picture of what sort of creature you are? I mostly need to know if you have four feet or two. :P

Kai Name: Grand Vines
Race: Eaggra (A plantlike sentient being. Talks via a series of chirps and whistles. Very good engineers and craftsplants)
Disciplines: Weapon Training: Maul, Kai Armorer.
Starting Weapon: Steel maul

-Stats-
Strength: 4 + 1
Endurance: 4
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 8
Charisma: 3

In as well. Describe your character in more physical detail when you get the time, of course.

Also, Due to your previous player experience, I'll allow you to start at rank 2, which means two more disciplines and an extra stat point+starting health. ;)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 19, 2011, 07:40:20 am »

I'd like to join the list. 

1. Name: Storm strider (Innsmoth)
Race: Taur (Horse, general shape of a man mixed with the anatomy of a Horse  ;D)
Disciplines: Healing, Sixth sense
Starting Weapon: Lochaber Axe
Strength: 5
Endurance: 5
Agility: 3
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 5

Sounds good. Can you get a picture of what sort of creature you are? I mostly need to know if you have four feet or two. :P

Any images I could give you would make your eyes rot within your still living skull. >.>

A accurate description would be a Biped Horse/Human hyrid. =]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 19, 2011, 07:41:44 am »

Yay! bonus!

Also, Eaggra are multi-eyed and don't use conventional feet as so much as vines. Mostly green in colour due to the chlorophyll.

Link to an explanation game which I swiped the idea from. Should help you know what I'm talking about.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 19, 2011, 08:14:42 am »

I found something on Youtube about it anyway. From what I see, Eaggra are four-eyed plant based beings that very vaguely resemble a reptile in how they move, which is slithering with their plant tails.

The list says...

1. it's got to have to eat and drink something to survive-Check. Eaggra would still need rations, sort of like how venus flytraps need a source of nitrogen from the things they eat to live. They could  draw energy from the ground, but it would need a hunting check to find a viable area, just like normal beings would hunt for food.

2. Bleed or take damage someway-You bleed sap, and of course your plant parts can be hacked away.

3. Breathe oxygen-Obviously.

4. Roughly mortal limits of strength and stamina-Again, about right.

5. Keep up with a man on a horse-Eaggra get around the whole snake tailed creature trying to ride a horse problem by being able to grip with it almost like a hand, so they do this as well.

Edit: Also, ta-dah! That's an Eaggra. He's even wearing a little Kai Cloak. O-o

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:16:48 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 19, 2011, 08:20:01 am »

Alright, just let me edit one of my disciplines.

EDIT: Where'd you get that list?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:25:46 am by Taricus »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 6-Opening Volley
« Reply #1120 on: July 19, 2011, 08:26:58 am »

Question: When you say "any" fantasy race, what do you mean?
Go crazy. Choose whatever race you like that would it into D&D/Dwarf Fortress/Fantasy setting-it's got to have to eat and drink something to survive, bleed or take damage someway, breathe oxygen and be within roughly mortal limits of strength and stamina. Even non-bipeds like centaurs would be tricky, but doable, as long as you could keep up with a man on a horse... You would have to choose something pretty crazy for me to say no.

So no shapeshifter blobs or were-creatures (Technically you could take a merman or something that switches from legs/fin on land to sea, but that's as far I would allow), fully elemental beings/undead/demons (I'll take half-elementals though, like Zako's char, or half-Demons for example), or Demigods.

Whatever you choose, make it fun to roleplay if you like-helps me too, since it makes the turns less boring.

From my last post on player races.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 19, 2011, 08:38:16 am »

Ah, okay.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 44, Bitter Cold
« Reply #1122 on: July 19, 2011, 10:19:32 am »

Turn 44

Spoiler: combat (click to show/hide)

Round 2
The Spider-Elf scouts see Blade Singer fall and rush him in a disorganized mess. Molten backs them up with a wide sweep of his blade, then angles a rising sword strike at Izzquanltyrr, splitting him from stem to stern. Messy!

Pressing Tide sighs, since none of the scouts are even brave enough to approach. He makes up their minds for them and blasts Elaugnolus mind into the nether. The Spider-Elf Scout starts laughing merrily, then jumps in the swamp and puts his head under the water.

Molten Heart bullrushes straight through the gap created, right at the witch.

Shield Bearer Izzquanltyrr Killed
Scout Elaugnolu Killed

----------
Sheltering Leaves charges at Erthrar'olin, who does likewise. He's pretty fast, Sheltering Leaves thinks, but his anger is his weakness-it leaves him open...it's shame he was born to the Spider-Elf Empire, to see such potential wasted.

Sheltering Leaves drives him back, and then removes one of Erthrar'olins frontal legs in one low swipe, then his left hand as he brings it upwards, finishing with a kick to the face that stuns him and drives him into the river, finally satisfying the River Monster, who picks up his kills and makes haste back to his lair.

Erthrar'olin Eaten
---------
Elve'raema shudders until the mental assault-her spell was interrupted, but she doggedly persists, trying to break Pressing Tides mind lock.

Round 3

Sheltering Leaves charges straight at Imar, pausing to grab and hammer throw him into the swamp. The Scout lands badly injured, but continues to stumble away from the battle. He won't get far, an unwanted invader in an unfriendly land. Sheltering Leaves checks on  Blade Singer, and sees he'll be all right after a bit of rest, then turns back to the fight.

All the Spider-Elves fall back to the center-except one. The Witch points at him and says

"You there, attack the psionic!"

The scout finally gains a bit of courage, and leaps forward, driving his knife his Pressing Tides chest, slipping it past the armor. Pressing Tide instantly scrambles his mind into pudding for the affront, but it did hurt him. Strange, not quite Human blood drips down his shirt...he realizes that the Witch used the Scouts sacrifice to break from his Mind Control.

Molten Heart leaps at the Witch, who sidesteps his angry charge with unusual nimbleness. He goes stumbling forward. By the time he's turned around...the Witch has completed her incantations, but nothing happens right away.

"If I must die, we ALL shall die!" She raises her hands to the sky and cackles.

Pressing Tide frowns-he knows what she did. He can feel the bloody tear in reality she made with her spell. It's clear that was some sort of bridge between the planes, albiet a rought one. It's not so much she opened a door, as she found an existing window, and threw a rock through it. He would guess it leads to the Elemental Plane of Ice...and the uncontrolled mingling of two planar realms can be...very bad.

Imar Disabled
Gonet Slain

Pressing Tide, -3 HP

Round 4

The three standing Kai take out their rage on the Witch, but Pressing Tide can't get a lock on her mind with his wounds.

Elve'raema uses her staff with more skill than the previous one, and knocks the wind out of Sheltering Leaves with the flat of the blade as he tries to approach.

The last Scout rushes at Pressing Tide, but doesn't get far before driving his blade into his left eye of his own accord.

Molten Heart whoops, then rolls past her and slices open the Witches side. She grunts in pain.

Elve'raema grins "I shall meet you in Oblivion..." Then she seems to concentrate, before melting like a puddle and draining through the wooden planks into the swamp. An apt fate for a Witch, but is she really dead? Somehow, they don't think so.

Her equipment clatters to the ground.

Elve'raema, -7 HP

-Battle Complete-

The place where Elve'raema cast her spell is beginning to glow a bright blue, and all the Kai present can feel building pressure and a bitter chill in the air. Molten Heart voices the wise opinion that maybe they should not be here when whatever the Witch planned comes to pass.

------------------------
Blade Singer is having a pleasant dream-or perhaps something more than that-in where he's reliving his short time with the Queen, laughing and necking under a tall White Oak tree, in a sweet smelling grass field outside of Veyar. It's a nice and warm summer day, not a care in the world...he can't tell why his memories are still so vivid.

Then, she stops, almost as if she heard someone call her in the distance. That's not exactly what he remembered happened next...

She seems sad to have to stop, as well.

"Blade Singer...you have to wake up now. Back to the real world-I'll wait for you here...but, you have to go. GO!"

The world returns to him, muddy, bloody...and cold...corpses lie around him, dead eyes staring at nothing. Damn. Why is it so cold?

Spoiler: loot (click to show/hide)
*Attacking Enemies*

-Enemy Forces Left-
(OOC: Frontal attackers are on the bridge, attempting to engage Sheltering Leaves. Rear Attackers are defending against Molten Heart, Pressing Tide, and Blade singer. Those in the center are defending with the Witch, and can only use ranged attacks at about a 50% rate.)

Attacking Rear (0/4)--> Pressing Tide, and Blade singer

Defending Center (0/4) --> Sheltering Leaves, Molten Heart

Attacking Front 0/4

Spoiler: River Beast Tentacle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC:

Edit: Adding the Witches Loot now BTW, I forgot that. Assume theres at least 5 or 10 of ever item the soldiers carried,
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 10:32:46 am by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 19, 2011, 10:32:20 am »

Leaf put the staff onto his back where it belonged, then knelt by Blade Singer and shook his shoulder to awaken him. "Come on. We must hurry; take whatever you need from the corpses of our enemies and let's go!" He himself grabbed a green iron dagger - for trading purposes - and whistled for Merame. She led Thogga over and leaped onto his back, as she was accustomed to. "This way!" he said to the Orc before turning and running across the bridge.

Er, well. What did you want again Zako? I guess I can let you have that stuff since War Wind's dead now. :-\ I also have to give you back the ring.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 19, 2011, 10:46:31 am »

One down, one to go... Or, end of chapter to go. Whichever comes first. Then I get in! ^^ on a side note: Be careful, SC. Those shadows might still be following you... Or did they get dealt with? I forget. Anyways, the way this is going, you're the most vulnerable. D:
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 110