Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hospital Murderer  (Read 3717 times)

Jamuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hospital Murderer
« on: May 23, 2011, 09:08:04 am »

hi

i ve had a little fight with a titan ... a stupid bee that creates a poisonous mist around itself
well it didnt end to well ... for both sides^^

i ve put up a hospital zone and all that stuff but didnt have a dwarf with a good diagnostic skill (only one with lvl1)
and suddenly all over my fort dwarfs a bleeding to their death
no only the military ones me used in the fight (the few who survived)
but also completly unrelated ones

could it be that my noob doc, tries himself as a dwarf-butcher?

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
Re: Hospital Murderer
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:10:31 am »

Probably some kind of syndrome from the poisonous mist. Isolate the infected. Sounds like you got a nasty strain of something.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 10:31:45 am »

if your doctor has any kills, there will be an option to view them when you look at his info with z.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:40:00 am »

Oh shit. The infection was spread by the military. Isolate the infected and incinerate any contaminated remains! Clean the floors with magma, so all contamination is destroyed. We must not let this thing spread to the mountainhomes!

lol. Generic CDC protocol works in dwarf fortress too  ;D

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 10:47:47 am »

Oh shit. The infection was spread by the military. Isolate the infected and incinerate any contaminated remains! Clean the floors with magma, so all contamination is destroyed. We must not let this thing spread to the mountainhomes!

I don't think generic CDC protocol calls for quite the salt-and-burn-the-earth results that magmatic doom would bring on the hospital. xD Could you imagine that? "Oh shit, we have an outbreak of Staph Aurius! I'm pulling the cleansing lever!"

Hell, people'd pull that lever for fun.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 11:04:47 am »

I don't think generic CDC protocol calls for quite the salt-and-burn-the-earth results that magmatic doom would bring on the hospital. xD Could you imagine that? "Oh shit, we have an outbreak of Staph Aurius! I'm pulling the cleansing lever!"

Depends if it was a flu or if it was Ebola. The CDC would either lock them in a room to die, or shoot them if it was Ebola.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 11:09:13 am »

Depends if it was a flu or if it was Ebola. The CDC would either lock them in a room to die, or shoot them if it was Ebola.

I thought they'd isolate them for observing effects. For science.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 11:20:31 am »

, You monster  :P

They already know Ebola, so they wouldn't observe that. If it was a new disease however...

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 11:31:00 am »

, You monster  :P

They already know Ebola, so they wouldn't observe that. If it was a new disease however...

Maybe new only for them. For example that one hybrid of Ebola and influenza. You never know what you get. You don't expect Ebola in certain places, so you may assume it is a weaponized variant. Now, if there was option to weaponize gases, infections and FB excretions in DF...

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 11:38:28 am »

I thought scourging the entire fortress with lava to assure a swift painful burning death of every single life form that wasn't a magma crab was science.

On a related note, anyone know how to deal with a magma crab infestation with only a weapon smith and trader left?
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 11:46:13 am »

Agreed.  We already have an extract from dead animal task.  We just need it to work on FB corpses so we can weaponise the gas...clay containers and you got gas bombs. 

Wonder if I could mod that...
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 11:46:56 am »

I thought scourging the entire fortress with lava to assure a swift painful burning death of every single life form that wasn't a magma crab was science.

On a related note, anyone know how to deal with a magma crab infestation with only a weapon smith and trader left?

Try to get the trader to pick up the syndrome and spread it to the crabs.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 12:10:24 pm »

I call science!!! It is airborne? Isolate the infected and do experiments like how long does a healthy dwarf has to be exposed to it to get infected as well.

Jamuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 01:56:00 pm »

seems to be under control ... lost 5 dwarfs to it
well time to test the magma burrial chamber

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 03:00:19 pm »

Maybe not at a human hospital, but perhaps at St. Sankis Memorial Hospital...
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages: [1] 2 3