Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Vermin FB  (Read 3150 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vermin FB
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 12:50:05 am »

What if it isn't teleporting like vermin, but instead being stealthy due to having the ambusher skill?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 01:05:57 am »

Ambushers shouldn't disappear once discovered IIRC.

Besides, since the cats are pathing to the FB to kill it, then the FB is indeed a vermin from the point of view of game code.
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

Dradym

• Bay Watcher
  • if its hard, overly complex, but fun, its a dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 02:37:55 am »

one of the three questions from monty python popped in my head-

how much can it carry?

and you should totally tame it and display it in the main hall, or give it to your baron/count/duke/whatever

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 05:32:48 am »

...give it to your baron/count/duke/whatever

Why not vice-versa ;D

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 07:51:01 am »

I read 'vermin' in the title as 'vitamin.' :(
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 11:03:25 am »

But does that vermin-FB actually hurt anything apart from cats? Maybe it is unable to do so? Maybe it hurts cats because they are able to interact with vermin? I'd throw some wardogs to check it out.

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2011, 11:11:11 am »

But does that vermin-FB actually hurt anything apart from cats? Maybe it is unable to do so? Maybe it hurts cats because they are able to interact with vermin? I'd throw some wardogs to check it out.
I'd starve the dwarves so they are tempted to eat it.
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 11:17:18 am »

I'd starve the dwarves so they are tempted to eat it.

And that is a good idea. You can simply wall the cave with dwarves thrown into it. Do butchers butcher dead vermin? Fishery can process fishes (and turtles) but what about birds? I was able to butcher some full-size FBs, disappointed because their meat was worth the same as standard meat, less than most exotic animals. And was non toxic.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2011, 12:17:24 pm »

I was able to butcher some full-size FBs, disappointed because their meat was worth the same as standard meat, less than most exotic animals. And was non toxic.
So that's what play-doh is!

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 01:22:10 pm »

I was able to butcher some full-size FBs, disappointed because their meat was worth the same as standard meat, less than most exotic animals. And was non toxic.
So that's what play-doh is!

Yes, it seems dwarves frequently suffer the same condition humans (especially human babies and human children) suffer in our world. It is pica (craving for something which is utterly inedible). Since humans  eat play-doh quite often it is very comparable to forgotten beast meat. Dwarves apparently suffer from more serious variant of this condition, they like to make roasts out of it.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2011, 01:29:16 pm »

Ive seen teleporting/blinking FB's too

Assumed i was tripping...

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2011, 01:02:12 am »

hmm not sure, probably not because I did try to kill it and my dwarves would not attack it. The FB would also not attack my dwarves.

Just to update, a cat finally killed the damn thing. After 52 dead cats one lucky bastard killed it.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2011, 01:13:00 am »

hmm not sure, probably not because I did try to kill it and my dwarves would not attack it. The FB would also not attack my dwarves.

Just to update, a cat finally killed the damn thing. After 52 dead cats one lucky bastard killed it.

And there you go. AwesomeCat is now in existence.

Did AwesomeCat get a title?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 06:49:46 am »

If it didn't... Make it kill some more stuff!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4