Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Destroy Troy!!  (Read 11018 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Destroy Troy!!
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 11:53:28 pm »

Rofl...you made me spit out what I was eating.

Satisifed we're monster free, I instruct the crew on amphibious landings-Port side stick, starboard side stick, move fast and clear those murder holes-Five men is a juicy opportunity, one man's a waste of ammo-keep the sand out of your weapons, keep those actions clear. I'll see you on the beach.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 02:43:53 am »

Beach landings under fire were notoriously difficult in this period, because you can't form a phalanx when you're waist-deep in water on shifting footing.  The opposing side can simply stand on shore in formation and skewer whoever hops out of the ship.

Continue keeping watch on the prow.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 04:10:40 am »

Bear in mind, we're just stopping for supplies right now. Actual siege comes later, assuming we don't get swept off course and Odysseus ensues.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 05:08:49 am »

What are the chances of...

Oh shit... I just jinxed it, now didn't I?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 05:10:25 am »

:P Maybe if you were on the ship...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 05:21:57 pm »

ROLL 2

Frelock
Beach landings under fire were notoriously difficult in this period, because you can't form a phalanx when you're waist-deep in water on shifting footing.  The opposing side can simply stand on shore in formation and skewer whoever hops out of the ship.

Continue keeping watch on the prow.
(5)You Stand on the prow, keeping watch on the ocean in front of you.(5) The Port in starting to get in sight.

Dwarmin
Rofl...you made me spit out what I was eating.

Satisifed we're monster free, I instruct the crew on amphibious landings-Port side stick, starboard side stick, move fast and clear those murder holes-Five men is a juicy opportunity, one man's a waste of ammo-keep the sand out of your weapons, keep those actions clear. I'll see you on the beach.
(6) Completely oblivious to both the monsters and what you're landing for, you head to the crew to get ready for sieging.
They reply " But sir, this is a re-supply port-"
"I DON'T CARE! GET THE BOATS READY NOW.....wait this is a re-supply?"

_Dividebyzero_
Look for some iron an anvil, and some coke.

Don't ask why there'd be highly flammable coal on a ship... just go with it.
(4)You head to the storage compartment.
" Sir, do you have some iron an anvil, and some coke?" You ask
"Yes we do-wait a minute. Why would you smelt on a wooden Trireme? There's a blacksmith in the port town we're landing in." The chief storage attendant replies.
"Oh. Can I still have those items?"
(4)"Ok."

Anvil get!
Bar of Iron get!
Bar of Coke get!

SeriousConcentrate
Oh, no. 1 turn in and being associated with Odysseus has already doomed us all. :3

Argyris, upon being told that he was not needed and to go do something else, made his way to the deck. He wasn't really sure what to do with himself, since he hadn't received and specific orders, and instead stood by the mast. We will hit port soon... and then, combat. He wasn't particularly thrilled or depressed by the concept. Fighting was what he did. He was, however, curious as to how different a real war would be for gladiatorial combat. True, he had usually fought one on one, but the massive melees, the re-enactment of naval battles, combat with save beasts from foreign lands like tigers... Yes, his curiosity was most certainly piqued.
(6)You stand By the mast, leaning on it. After a few minutes, you here a crack. You look at the mast, and it has a big crack in the base.
"Opps"

Taricus
Go fishing.
(1)You grab the pole, but it slips out of your hand.

IronyOwl
Acronym weirdness in the statuses.

NOOOOOOO! Leap into the sea to rescue my fallen seagull!
(2) "NOOOOOOO!" You leap into the side of the ship, banging your had on the anchor holder.

GAME EVENTS: (4) the monsters just swim around. You will reach the port in 2 turns.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:24:21 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 05:24:26 pm »

Invent steel.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 05:24:52 pm »

Heedless of my own injury, attempt once more to rescue my fallen seagull, futile though it may be.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 05:25:27 pm »

Go back and ask for more orders.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 05:31:22 pm »

With a blink of surprise, the slave quickly grabbed some rope and started tying it around the mast to reinforce it. It wouldn't do for it to break now while they were still at sea!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 06:04:56 pm »

Keep a sharp eye out for any sea monsters.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 07:59:15 pm »

Practice looking at maps, whilst pondering the infinite
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 08:23:56 pm »

ROLL 3

Frelock
Keep a sharp eye out for any sea monsters.
(5) You Take a 360 on the prow and see the carp, the sea serpent, the Scylla, the- SCYLLA!
(6) It see's you see it, than charges Full steam ahead at the Trireme.(1) It jumps right over the trireme, landing onto a large rock.(2) A volley of arrows from the port hits the Scylla in the back, killing it instantly. It's corpse sinks into the sea.

Dwarmin
Practice looking at maps, whilst pondering the infinite
(1) You pull a map out of the storage compartment. After you get outside the compartment, an eagle flys down and takes the map.
"ZEUS!!!!!!!"

_Dividebyzero_
Invent steel.
(3)You use your  the anvil to combine the coke and the iron. It gets a little combined, but you need a real blacksmith to finish it. Lucky for you, the port is near-by.

Bar of Coke lose!
Bar of Iron lose!
Unfinished metal get!

SeriousConcentrate
With a blink of surprise, the slave quickly grabbed some rope and started tying it around the mast to reinforce it. It wouldn't do for it to break now while they were still at sea!
(4)You tie the rope around the mast. Good as new!

Taricus
Go back and ask for more orders.
(6)
"What's our orders now?"You ask the commander
"Head to the town with the rest of your group. Find what you want-"
Before he even finishes, you jump off the boat and into a small carry boat.

IronyOwl
Heedless of my own injury, attempt once more to rescue my fallen seagull, futile though it may be.
(5) You get up and look down the boat. You find the seagull with a bandage in it's chest, flying towards you.
:D

Seagull friend get!

GAME EVENTS: (6) After the Scylla, the rest of the monsters charge into rocks as well. This forms a wave that pushes your trireme into to the port.
Your group is in the port of Madria, a port city.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:09:08 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 08:25:07 pm »

Become a blacksmith.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 08:27:22 pm »

I shot an arrow in the air...and where it lands... I know it will be on that goddamn Eagle for stealing my map!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7