Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Rebellion! Turn 5: Time for a prison break, m'lord?  (Read 11208 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion!
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 09:45:44 am »

edit*turn in new post
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:14:49 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 09:56:32 am »

kinda need to know what sort of men/armory/money/situation my people are in before I make any real actions.
More information will come tonight, together with some extra maps showing what regions are controlled by who in more detail. I completely forgot to transfer that information to my laptop...

Anyway, to give you some indication of population sizes, the cities are scaled to their relative population sizes. The largest city is Perione, with a total of 80.000 inhabitants in the city itself. The smallest city drawn is Aärnharb, with a total of 12.000 inhabitants. The countryside is littered with smaller villages, most with roughly 500 inhabitants. The swamps and forests are somewhat less densely populated.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 10:22:51 am »

kinda need to know what sort of men/armory/money/situation my people are in before I make any real actions.
More information will come tonight, together with some extra maps showing what regions are controlled by who in more detail. I completely forgot to transfer that information to my laptop...

Anyway, to give you some indication of population sizes, the cities are scaled to their relative population sizes. The largest city is Perione, with a total of 80.000 inhabitants in the city itself. The smallest city drawn is Aärnharb, with a total of 12.000 inhabitants. The countryside is littered with smaller villages, most with roughly 500 inhabitants. The swamps and forests are somewhat less densely populated.

Yes, it will probably be much easier for all of us to calculate our turns if we know what resources we all have on hand, instead of just saying I have 5000 men :)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 11:21:57 am »

ya I kinda thouht 5000 men for a small-timeish rebel leader was a bit much,  think it would be better f we were able to organize around 200-600 armed men, maybe more if we don't mind using untrained peasents armed with sticks.
Nom nom nom

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 11:52:40 am »

Yeah that definitely sounds more reasonable!

Also, can I ask what the relative tech level of this kingdom is?

You mention artillery, frigates and the like so is this closer to a musket Napoleonic age with muskets and cannons? Or is it medieval with swords and knights?

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 12:36:38 pm »

Hey, a duke isn't small time, but okay then 2500 men. Anyway, yeah we should know our stats, so to speak.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 01:21:22 pm »

I really don't think a rebelious duke would be able to instantly field an army 500 men larger then the emporers, but it's all the GM's call
Nom nom nom

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 01:48:11 pm »

Well, I don't know how many men, shit and giggle I have, but I am going to help in the taking of Denksborg.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 01:59:05 pm »

The apparent lack of men being deployed is
a.) because the rebellion isn't taken that serious yet and
b.) the units dispatched to Desnkhahn just have to lock it off from the mainland and the fleet will lock off the sea access, meaning the city and the island-bound city of Mörn will get a rather problematic lack of supplies...
c.) Each garrison in the mayor towns has somewhere between 2.000 and 8.000 men (estimated. The true numbers could be different). The Vice-Roy of course can't deploy an entire garrison out of fear of being attacked in the back and he feels little for marching too many men through the Cessmars where their guns make it difficult to maneuver.

Yeah that definitely sounds more reasonable!

Also, can I ask what the relative tech level of this kingdom is?

You mention artillery, frigates and the like so is this closer to a musket Napoleonic age with muskets and cannons? Or is it medieval with swords and knights?
It's closer to the Napoleontic age. The 15th century is actually best described as the age of colonization, the time in which firearms made their entry, especially on ships. There are muskets and cannons, but crossbows, pikes and swords are common still.
Anyway, I managed to get back to my data, so here it is:

The population density of the Vhistland is pretty high, explaining the apparently high numbers available to you. Don't expend them too rapidly though, it's not going to be too easy to recruit more men with similar loyalties if all your supporters got killed last month.

Loyalty determines how likely an army is to flee in combat. Low loyalty means that 50% will flee in case of a loss. Medium loyalty means 50% will flee in case of heavy losses. High loyalty means the men will fight on until the end, unless ordered otherwise.

Moral bonus is 0.5 for low morale, 1 for medium morale and 1.5 for high morale.
Equipment bonus is determined from armor and weapons. Crude means a bonus of 0.2, usable/light = 0.5, medium = 1, heavy = 1.5, advanced = 2. This bonus is calculated per unit.
For ships a similar formula applies: Converted domestic vessels and cogs have a bonus of 0.2, patrol vessels = 0.5, Corvette = 1, Frigate = 1.5, Ship of the line = 2

Unit types determine the environment bonus. Guns give a +1 tactics bonus to the entire army on plains per 25 guns and an extra +1 per 25 guns while attacking or defending a city. Cavalry give a +1 tactics bonus per 100 units bonus to the entire army on plains and a +0.1 bonus per 100 units in forests. Neither guns nor cavalry can cross swamps except along roads.
Spoiler: Status of the players (click to show/hide)

A last question, since I seem to have missed it, where is the Crimson Company situated, Sheb?   
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:47:51 pm by Virex »

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 02:05:01 pm »

Ah then, well 500 infantry and 100 cavalry to my eastern border then. Also 5 patrol ships to my seas then.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 02:25:54 pm »

Very cool map and very useful info, writing up turn but:

Minor clarification needed.

On the map you have Dwarmin (Pyrus) in Perrione. But he has his character starting in Rindbronn (And that's where his turn is focused on)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 02:36:04 pm »

Whups, little error. I'll fix it in a moment. I also see I forgot 2 garrisons and made a little error in my post. You'll also notice that guns are rather important in this game, so that "little" army of 2000 men marching at Denskbord is a little more powerful then expected, since it's carrying 100 guns which quadruples it's firepower.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:41:30 pm by Virex »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 02:50:46 pm »

I like how different players got different strength. And how I'm weak, it'll make me feel good if I win, and give me an excuse if I loose.
However, I cannot find my dude...

Pledge the Crimson Company to help in the Siege of Denskbord. The artillery will mostly obey the general in charge of the attack's command, but my own troops will stay a bit behind, waiting for the right moment to launch a decisive assault with minimal losses.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 02:58:40 pm »

You've got guns and very good equipment. Excellent for cracking open rebellious cities ;)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 02:59:41 pm »

Corwin sat back in his chair, sipping on the fine glass of wine as he looked over the map of the realm his aide, Chardeu, had prepared for him.

The situation looked rough from his stand point, though he doubted the Vice Roy would admit it (at least publicly) But a good deal of the realm looked like it would have no business swearing fealty to the crown. The betrayal of Duke Ludwig must have been especially bitter for the Vice Roy to swallow, knowing that he controlled a large chunk of the northern country.

Corwin pondered over the current situation, a letter in hand from the Duke himself asking for his services. Even holding this letter might be considered treasonous if a member of the royal family were to find it. Not that Corwin could take him up on the offer without having all his guild halls seized. No, of course there were things he didn't agree with, but he had to consider his fortunes. He would lose everything now if he renounced his loyalty.

Looking over the map with a careful eye, he noted where all his halls were. Spread out, but none seemed to be in immediate danger. They would need more arms to make a big difference, but Corwin hoped that the Crown would grant him extra coin and weapons for helping arm and train potential new recruits.

Actions:

- Move frigates in Denskhahn to assist with blockade in Denskbord

- Have ships in Perrionne patrol for smuggling operations

- Ask the Tresurer of the Kingdom if Guild Mercenaries can be payed a premium due to their training.

- Increase recruitment and training at all halls. Petition the government to assist in arming and equipping new recruits if they do not have their own equipment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11